2024 European Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2024 European Championships Pairs Short Program

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Good idea, maybe some hot lemon tea will help me be less depressed
hot lemon tea, not @balabam tea of course. maybe have some fruit too, fruit it's tasty and can be as good as junk food and of course healthier. also you're from Asia, you should have a lot of algae available, i kind of love algae snacks and they should be low calories too

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
If all the skaters skate better than the first two, we are in for a good time!

It was a strong showing for an opening group.
Personally, my wish is always for everyone to skate as good as possible, even if it is to the detriment of skaters I like. I like the idea of actually being able to compare the scores, and not just have somebody win because everyone else did badly, I guess 😅

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
hot lemon tea, not @balabam tea of course. maybe have some fruit too, fruit it's tasty and can be as good as junk food and of course healthier
I don't even eat junk food that much, I'm at my current weight because I refuse to move around. Like, people say exercise makes you happy, but for me I just feel miserable and tired after a session whatever I do :(

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I don't even eat junk food that much, I'm at my current weight because I refuse to move around. Like, people say exercise makes you happy, but for me I just feel miserable and tired after a session whatever I do :(
there must be something it's not mentally hard for you to do. i don't know, you could try to excercise while watching tv shows. of course i know you're seeing a therapist i'm sure she will be able to work on this issue with you way better than a bunch of strangers on internet.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Just nice walks done regularly help my mood a lot! Don't worry about your walking speed or or whether it will help you lose weight. These are for mental health.

Also, hydrate. When I feel like crap a glass of water helps sometimes.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
there must be something it's not mentally hard for you to do. i don't know, you could try to excercise while watching tv shows. of course i know you're seeing a therapist i'm sure she will be able to work on this issue with you way better than a bunch of strangers on internet.
My therapist recommends walks, which is doable I guess
Just nice walks done regularly help my mood a lot! Don't worry about your walking speed or or whether it will help you lose weight. These are for mental health.
That's the issue right there, I start thinking 'how many calories will this burn anyway' and I just lose the will

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
ewan-mitchell-aemond-targaryen.gif

prince Aemond couldn't get the crown and he's trying his luck in pairs? careful, judges, his dragon is pretty big

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
That's the issue right there, I start thinking 'how many calories will this burn anyway' and I just lose the will
Forget about the calories, just let your body get used to regular movement sessions. Start small, and once you notice a positive change it will become a habit. Your sessions will get longer all by themselves and you will even start to miss them when you haven't done them for a while. It was the same with me when I started jogging.

icewhite

Record Breaker

I think it's mostly about finding the right sport or way of movement or routine. There's a lot that doesn't work for me, but some things do.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know this, but she is listed as coach for Lydia/Harry and I hoped to get a glimpse of her.

I would say Zoe and Chris have their hands full with the kids. And not just the baby. The twins are at an age where they are probably doing mock examinations this month (if not real ones as well). So, Zoe has stayed at home while Chris has gone to Kaunas on his own.

Anyway, back to Lydia and Harry. As Chris Howarth said, it wasn't flawless, but it was a very good effort.

I really like them. And I like this programme.

Into 4th, but less than a point behind Barbora and Martin who so impressed everybody at the start.

If you are reading this Lydia, you and Harry have done us proud!!!

:cheer: WELL DONE LYDIA AND HARRY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Forget about the calories, just let your body get used to regular movement sessions. Start small, and once you notice a positive change it will become a habit. Your sessions will get longer all by themselves and you will even start to miss them when you haven't done them for a while. It was the same with me when I started jogging.
I don't know... When I graduated from high school I was determined to lose weight (I weighed less then than I do now lol) and I did PT sessions plus a weight loss diet and managed to lose like 15 kg, but the habit didn't stick. Worse, I got obsessive about my weight (like I would literally freak out if I gained like 0.2 kg), my mental health dipped, and it took a lot of therapy to be more positive about my body image. I'm just not an exercise person, it seems to me