Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I guess most of haters would be oh so happy when they retire so the fans would get an awesome fs future with oh so many grrreat pairs with good choreo and artistry. Of course VT are disgrace to this sport so the sooner they retire, the better for fans who love this sport....I get your point.

and of course S/S must win at any cost
the bastion of innovation, artistry, chemistry and pray everytime that V/T falls in competitions

a bit low right ? desperation I guess

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I guess most of haters would be oh so happy when they retire so the fans would get an awesome fs future with oh so many grrreat pairs with good choreo and artistry. Of course VT are disgrace to this sport so the sooner they retire, the better for fans who love this sport....I get your point.

No you completely miss the point(s), which are:
1) VT need better programs with better choreography as vehicles for their talent.
2) Most of us want to retire not the skaters, but the technical and judging panels that come up with these sorts of ridiculous scores.

LauraV

On the Ice
V/T are extremely talented pairs skaters. I love their carriage on the ice. They should be thrilling me, but they're can't with this long program, which doesn't begin to do justice to their abilities.

I'm not the biggest fan of Jesus Christ Superstar, but if I had to carve program music out of that score - I could easily do a better job than this. A monkey with a score and scissors could make better selections and cuts. I am utterly baffled by the choices - it's as if someone hunted through the music for the deadest, most nondescript, least engaging sections and plugged in the main theme just long enough to identify the program as JCS.

V/T deserve so much better. I wish fate had put them into Moskvina's hands. I don't know the politics of the situation and I gather Moskvina doesn't take two top Russian pairs at once, at least at this point in her career, so I know I am only dreaming.

tdnuva

On the Ice
why ? are you sure that was for Olympic symbol ?
their program is JC Superstar and the cross is what it associates with

Very simple "choreography"... but the point is, everybody is talking them into winning gold and this is the end of the free program. So that would be the point to raise the fist as "we won!", wouldn't it? That's what I am talking about. And don't tell me they are not thinking about getting such a climax.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Very simple "choreography"... but the point is, everybody is talking them into winning gold and this is the end of the free program. So that would be the point to raise the fist as "we won!", wouldn't it? That's what I am talking about. And don't tell me they are not thinking about getting such a climax.

:confused: Its like making a sign of the cross what
better way to end a program than use a cross symbol that is titled JC Superstar ?

this isn't ghastly, this has better rooms for improvement than their Godfather SP last season
everyone tolerated at the end of the season which at first many criticized as a disaster choice

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
You really need to watch more pairs figure skating... V/T are the replay of 2006 olympic champions.

These scores were too much, it's obviously!!! The program is very good, with nice elements, but they have to work more, some parts are so quite.

Everyone is doing everything to they win the gold medals.

Please don't compare V/T to T/M. V/T are vastly more exciting to watch, have more innovative lifts, and are really just a better pairs team in general. I don't mind if V/T wins the Olympics with this type of routine, since sport-wise, it is the best... but the performance needs to better and more watchable. I did take issue with T/M winning... yes, they were the best team, but gosh they were just so boring to watch. I wasn't bored by V/T, I just wasn't thrilled.

The issue isn't with them winning, it's getting those scores for that type of performance. It was absolutely unnecessary and unmerited.

tulosai

Record Breaker
:confused: Its like making a sign of the cross what
better way to end a program than use a cross symbol that is titled JC Superstar ?

this isn't ghastly, this has better rooms for improvement than their Godfather SP last season
everyone tolerated at the end of the season which at first many criticized as a disaster choice

I agree with most of this post of yours- it is a cross symbol because they are skating to music that (however pop cultured) is about Jesus Christ. I highly doubt it has entered their minds as an Olympic victory symbol. I am definitely a critic of this program at this time, but we have to be reasonable here.

I also agree it has more room for improvement than the Godfather program (which I still thought was a disaster and despised at the end of last season. of course VT can do no wrong with the judges who did not agree with me). However, almost anything would have more room for improvement than that skeezeball program.

Again, this is coming from someone who is or at least wants to be a VT fan. They are superb (or could be with better choreo and music choices). There is no way to pretend this program is near what they are capable of though.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Danielle MONTALBANO (ISR)

Music: Lara's Theme (from "Doctor Zhivago" soundtrack)

Pink and purple dress

... - didn't see
3S+2T
3S - stepout
3T - hangs on
FCCoSp
StSq
2A
FCSp
2Lz+2Lo
2F+1Lo+2S
ChSq
CCoSp

Fistpump, she looks pleased. Almost clean skate, but not much difficulty, and the jumps are small.

Score: 36.76+35.61=72.37, 106.69, in 3rd (out of 10)

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Please don't compare V/T to T/M. V/T are vastly more exciting to watch, have more innovative lifts, and are really just a better pairs team in general. I don't mind if V/T wins the Olympics with this type of routine, since sport-wise, it is the best... but the performance needs to better and more watchable. I did take issue with T/M winning... yes, they were the best team, but gosh they were just so boring to watch. I wasn't bored by V/T, I just wasn't thrilled.

The issue isn't with them winning, it's getting those scores for that type of performance. It was absolutely unnecessary and unmerited.
Ita! MT were BORING!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
that was definitely not the peak as I said back in 2013 Worlds their program if it hadn't for the fluke fall they would have gotten 150 in the LP
this LP mileage can score a maximum 165 points this season

You're joking right? 165 points is mathematically unattainable. :laugh: They got 75.14 out of 80 points for PCS. Even if they got all 10's for PCS, that's less than 5 points extra. And it's literally impossible for them to get 10 extra points of GOE on the technical content they currently have -- although, maybe with D/R's harder content they could clear 165. :biggrin: Until throw 3A becomes the norm, and pairs start doing 3-3 combos, around 155 is about the max score that any pair is ever going to get, even V/T.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Crystal KIANG (TPE)

Music: Piano Concerto No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov

Dark red open back dress. Stones at neckline. Very pretty

3F - twofooted, looked <<
3Lo+2Lo - 3Lo looked <
2Lz - e
CCoSp
StSq
ChSq
3Lo - maybe twofooted, looked borderline <<
2A+2Lo
2A
2Lz+2Lo+2Lo - e
FCCoSp
FSSp

Score: 39.76+34.30=74.06 (PB), 110.68 (PB), 1st (out of 11)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Well, 5 points for PCS. A few more +GOE for the elements. Weren't they doing 3F throw? Additional 2 points.
I can see them getting all 10 across the board in Sochi. I mean, they got 9.5 for this crap. What's stopping the judges from handing out 10?

I can see them coming near 160, possibly crack it.

mousepotato

On the Ice
In all fairness to the judges and competitors, V/T really shouldn't have been at this competition in the first place. Senior B’s should be for skaters who can’t get into the Grand Prix, like Kemp and King. V/T really need to be with competitors who are close to their level like the top ten in the world not the top 30 and the North Koreans! The closest they could find to their level was W/W? No offense, they were great, I love them! All the German teams are really looking so good. But once the judges saw V/T they really saw no flaw and trust me they had some. The pairs spin in the sp was a mess and should have been at least a 0 if not a -1. He was so unsteady on his feet in the lift it for sure should have been a -1 and I’m not sure I even saw a transition. But they were so enamored by them after seeing the rest they gave them those ridiculous scores. I’m sure the judges will come back down to reality when they compete with top teams.

I actually feel really bad for V/T their programs are nothing more than snippets of old programs rehashed to new (outdated) music, and Trankov looks uglier than ever.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
In all fairness to the judges and competitors, V/T really shouldn't have been at this competition in the first place. Senior B’s should be for skaters who can’t get into the Grand Prix, like Kemp and King. V/T really need to be with competitors who are close to their level like the top ten in the world not the top 30 and the North Koreans! The closest they could find to their level was W/W? No offense, they were great, I love them! All the German teams are really looking so good. But once the judges saw V/T they really saw no flaw and trust me they had some. The pairs spin in the sp was a mess and should have been at least a 0 if not a -1. He was so unsteady on his feet in the lift it for sure should have been a -1 and I’m not sure I even saw a transition. But they were so enamored by them after seeing the rest they gave them those ridiculous scores. I’m sure the judges will come back down to reality when they compete with top teams.

I actually feel really bad for V/T their programs are nothing more than snippets of old programs rehashed to new (outdated) music, and Trankov looks uglier than ever.

The point of V/T being at a Senior B, as the case when V/M go to Finlandia in a few weeks and for D/W when they were at SLC a few weeks ago is to get early feedback for programs before the the beginning of the GP.

However that doesn't really work when the judges perceived that you're so awesome next to your (relatively) weaker competition that they give out high PCS and GOE like candy. D/W didn't even get that kind of love (and they shouldn't ) and they were on home soil.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I dont understand why people always need to fight in figure skating ;) Isnt it all about enjoying the sport, the skaters? I dont care if this person or that pair wins, honestly I just like to watch them all, but sometimes I feel that there is a lot in the background of this sport that shouldnt be there.

We all have our favorites, but in the end the better team will win and about this the judges will decide. Unless you can come up with a judging computer, we just have to accept it and in the end its all about subjectivity. I like Maxim´s acting during the programs, so did I love Daniel´s. We all look after something else in a skater, some fans only care about jumps others more about the "B" side.

You shouldnt discuss the sport to death honestly. :D

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia

I agree and disagree at the same time. I mean I watched The Worlds2013, and they were head and shoulders above the top 10, so I don't see how the judges won't give them the same marks after watching them compete with other skaters