Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Congrats to Julia, Adelina and Carolina!

Thanks everybody for your comments, info, streems, php and all. Cool to watch a German stream for a change. Schtürtzen sounds so final for a fall… which it maybe should… like in alpine skiing :laugh:

I totally disagree. I would say this is one of the better judged competition especially compared to national inflation and the States in particular. Meite is very unfinished. Leonova like her or not has a lot of charisma at least t his competiton Meite will have her day she is going to the olympics; Leonova is finished and maybe will never be seen again.

Leonova probably did deserve higher PCS than Meite but she didn't deserve 8s! It's just crazy.

Marchei also received lower PCS than Leonova...

And Leonova is far from finished. She's been retired every season for a while now and yet, she keeps placing well at Russian Nationals. She is a fighter.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Not the best from Valentina but I love her interpretation of this music. Very intense and passionate. The program is great, it's just a shame about the jumps.

Congrats to Julia! She threw down big time and didn't let the early mistake shake her. I do feel she performed and connected to her choreography better here than I've seen in the past. Overscored in PCS (68 was too high but fair in the context of this competition) but overall I thought she was wonderful.

Adelina is getting the hang of staying focused and calm throughout her programs. After the mistake on the lutz she could have tanked but she re-focused and skated the rest of the program cleanly. She's learning to compete and that's wonderful! I'm very happy for her. She was overscored in PCS as well but, again in the context of the competition, it was fine.

Carolina was wonderful in the SP but she still needs work in the FS. Too many mistakes and points given away there. That said, I adore her FS. It's my favorite FS this season even though it's from last season. :laugh: The difference b/w this and Scheherazade is incredible. Even with the mistakes she can still light the arena up and pull the crowd. That will serve her well in Sochi. I'm glad she moved the 3S from the end as well...smart move. I thought she was underscored in PCS in the SP but the FS was better.

Overscoring in the PCS ran rampant here but in the end the results were fair.

The level of detail in Kostner's FS is just mindblowing. There is constant upper body movement, interesting layout, no 'empty spot' (well some of the jump entries are a bit longer they way they are laid out makes sense).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Even with the huge score, Sotnikova still had a couple placements to boost her score... her final spin error turned it into a level 1 (lost 1.5 points), she received a UR on her 3L (lost 1.53 points, her LSp was only a level 3 (lost 0.3 points) - plus the GOE added, along with the lutz error (a lost of about 1-1.5 points assuming e deduction applied). Still a really great skate, and good on her to hold it together after the initial error.

As for Lipnitskaia clearing 210 points... with Russian/Olympic scoring it is certainly possible!

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
to those who are still watching the medal ceremony: does anyone know the name of that music they're playing? With the opera singer's voice (sounds a bit like the voices in "Flower Duet" by Leo Delibes) and instrumental beats?

Carmen95

Rinkside
I raise my glass for Julia, she did a great job... despite from not singing along her own national anthem :biggrin: that needs to be practiced until Sochi (and beating Yuna and Mao)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One Judge gave Julia a 7.25 for Interpretation and Adelina a 9.25. :scratch: Really??

Gigi13

On the Ice
I'm worried for Yuna and Mao they can't afford mistakes cause with Julia around....:think:

I think that scenario will be common after Kostner retires. I don't think there is a high level non-Russian European lady coming up... sadly

Ivett Toth, 2015 European Champion
Deimante Kizalaite 2015 European Silver Medallist
Anais Ventard 2015 European Bronze Medallist (FINALLY sent by the federation woohoo!)

P.S. I wonder how many Nationals Ventard has to win before she is sent to Europeans. 10?