2024 European Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2024 European Championships Pairs Short Program

amanda b

Rinkside
I was struggling to see how the Georgians were apparently so much better than many of the teams that came after them.

withwings

On the Ice
Agree with a commentator that Hasse/ Volodin quality of skating was divine ( 'divine' was commentator's expression), it truly was.
Have not watched all competition yet, just couple of pairs.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
My therapist recommends walks, which is doable I guess

That's the issue right there, I start thinking 'how many calories will this burn anyway' and I just lose the will
Its not about the actual cal.s you burn. Its about raising your metabolic rate for the entire day. Yes, I know thats easy for me to say cause I have a nice 3/4 mile path around my property and its easy to walk 3 miles a day....but its still true.

Skatelife

On the Ice
I thought the Georgians were much better than anyone else. I watched again and should have a larger lead. It's a littler unfair, but a medal is almost assured unless they have a total disaster skate.
Agreed, you can see the difference in speed and difficult

paulusfr

On the Ice
I thought the Georgians were much better than anyone else. I watched again and should have a larger lead. It's a littler unfair, but a medal is almost assured unless they have a total disaster skate.
Well, it would've been odd if a russian didn't think that a russian pair is much better than anyone else. Right? Even if they really aren't.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Agree with a commentator that Hasse/ Volodin quality of skating was divine ( 'divine' was commentator's expression), it truly was.
Have not watched all competition yet, just couple of pairs.
I don't think HV are exactly divine or if they are it is a BUT for there are no Russians. They do not have the edges, the speed or the magic of great teams. And technically well look at Duhamel and Radford in 2018 or the non competing Russians. THis is not a time of rich talent.