2014 Olympics Team Event Ladies Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Team Event Ladies Free Skate

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Its highly possible Julia is running out of town; unlike Gracie. She has to survive puberty and the Russians probably know like Tara L her shelf life is not going to be long but at least she has a cetain elegance about her fitting for a 15 year od and as small as her jumps are Tara's were puny and under rotated.

Barb

Record Breaker
you were not on the arena, the whole crowd gave her a standing ovation
even the Olympics committee gave her a standing ovation
the commentators have nothing but praises even athletes such as Maria Sharapova
the casual fans saw it and even marvelled,just look at the comments in Julia's videos

you cannot deny not even Kim Yuna has ever done that

She is a cute little girl that dont fell, what was you waiting?, of course everyone love her, There are videos of dogs with millions of visits and very nice comments, much more visits than's julia, because they are cute, even more than julia. saying julia attract more people is not base to say she is a better skater.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Its highly possible Julia is running out of town; unlike Gracie. She has to survive puberty and the Russians probably know like Tara L her shelf life is not going to be long but at least she has a cetain elegance about her fitting for a 15 year od and as small as her jumps are Tara's were puny and under rotated.

how do you know that, soem ahve been predicting she wont even survive her first senior career
early in the season some even dismissed she had a chance to make the Olympics team

though i will agree Gracie will be the one to watch for 2018
speed, power, body type and facial beauty is Gracie's advantage

yuki90

On the Ice
you were not on the arena, the whole crowd gave her a standing ovation
even the Olympics committee gave her a standing ovation
the commentators have nothing but praises
even athletes such as Maria Sharapova
the casual fans saw it and even marvelled,just look at the comments in Julia's videos

you cannot deny not even Kim Yuna has ever done that

You're nothing but a troll. So what? Maria Sharapova has something to do with figure skating?

"There are class and quality in her skating. The reason Yu-Na's skating is special is because of the innocence and that authentic feeling."-Katarina Witt"

I don't feel like I'm missing anything when I watch her. She's the whole package.I think she will be remembered as a great artist."-1976 Olympic champion Dorothy Hamill

"She has the combination of the technical elements and the grace and musicality and that's what you want in skating."-Peggy Flemming

"she's really distanced herself not only technically, but artistically. "-Scott Hamilton"

Her place as an all-time great, secure alongside the likes of Dorothy Hamil, Peggy Flemming and Katarina Witt"-New York Times

“Yu-Na Kim. A living, breathing work of art from Korea"-Vancouver Sun"

Yuna’s technique is breathtaking. Her spins, jumps, footwork, ice coverage are gorgeous. In addition, she’s one of the few champions in the sport to continue to push herself, not just artistically but technically. "-Wall Street Journal

"Watching Kim Yu-Na dominate like she did touched me in away that I haven't been touched since Torvill and Dean in Sarajevo."- IOC President, Jacque Rogge

"She is the first woman in history who can even compete in men's figure skating for medal. There is no superlative that can describe this young woman. She was like an artist painting a masterpiece with only the slightest touch of a brush."- German commentators commenting on her Olympics LP .

"The cornation is complete. Long live the Queen.”
.-NBC commentator.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Why does everyone think she is going to be swallowed up by puberty? Am I really the only person that knows petite women in their 20's and 30's. None of them on on a world class diet and workout regiment either. She could have thyroid issues like my friend. I think she could peak out around the size of other girls in their prime jump size but I really see no reason to discuss these things. Some posters here may themselves be facing puberty and why would you want to scare them into thinking its bad. It's a tough time for some and privacy and respect should be given. Just saying.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She is a cute little girl that dont fell, what was you waiting?, of course everyone love her, There are videos of dogs with millions of visits and very nice comments, much more visits than's julia, because they are cute, even more than julia. saying julia attract more people is not base to say she is a better skater.

you don't understand do you ?

there are other 15 year old skaters why don't they get a standing ovation like Polina Edmunds ?. the fact is it is not her age that Julia garnering attention
but her programs are suited form especially her long program which is brilliant, taht si why for every clean skate in her LP, she gets a standing ovation
it is also the programs why her PCS is climbing, I highly doubt Yuna's Adios Nino Tango will get that much reception.

do you understand now ?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You're nothing but a troll

"There are class and quality in her skating. The reason Yu-Na's skating is special is because of the innocence and that authentic feeling."-Katarina Witt"

I don't feel like I'm missing anything when I watch her. She's the whole package.I think she will be remembered as a great artist."-1976 Olympic champion Dorothy Hamill

"She has the combination of the technical elements and the grace and musicality and that's what you want in skating."-Peggy Flemming

"she's really distanced herself not only technically, but artistically. "-Scott Hamilton"

Her place as an all-time great, secure alongside the likes of Dorothy Hamil, Peggy Flemming and Katarina Witt"-New York Times

“Yu-Na Kim. A living, breathing work of art from Korea"-Vancouver Sun"

Yuna’s technique is breathtaking. Her spins, jumps, footwork, ice coverage are gorgeous. In addition, she’s one of the few champions in the sport to continue to push herself, not just artistically but technically. "-Wall Street Journal

"Watching Kim Yu-Na dominate like she did touched me in away that I haven't been touched since Torvill and Dean in Sarajevo."- IOC President, Jacque Rogge

"She is the first woman in history who can even compete in men's figure skating for medal. There is no superlative that can describe this young woman. She was like an artist painting a masterpiece with only the slightest touch of a brush."- German commentators commenting on her Olympics LP .

"The cornation is complete. Ling live the Queen.”
.-NBC commentator.

why are you threatened ? because Queen Yuna is under threat ?
go watch teh video and see who gave her a standing ovation. lets see who is a troll

to be fair, Yuna has had breathtaking performances and standing ovations
but the reception Julia got is something that I have never seen before
her LP Shindler's List is very memorable, a program that will be rembrered for a long time
watch NBC, BBC etc

yuki90

On the Ice
go watch teh video and see who gave her a standing ovation. lets see who is a troll

her LP Shindler's List is very memorable, a program that will be rembrered for a long time
watch NBC, BBC etc

You are such a loser. Yuna also recieved standing ovation.

But remember, last night ,in Iceberg, 90 percent of crowd was Russians.

why dont you just praise Julia without distoring facts?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@yuki90 I too love watching Yuna! Honestly I love watching all of the girls. As long as the best in each competition wins then I say we all win. I do think Yuna,Mao, and Julia are all beatable and should be. Yuna is a legend and any lover of this sport should respect that. If you don't like at least the top 6 girls why would you even watch?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You are such a loser. Yuna also recieved standing ovation.

But remember, last night ,in Iceberg, 90 percent of crowd was Russians.

why dont you just praise Julia without distoring facts?

very nice there :sarcasm:

it doesn't change the fact she got a standing ovation

Barb

Record Breaker
you don't understand do you ?

there are other 15 year old skaters why don't they get a standing ovation like Polina Edmunds ?. the fact is it is not her age that Julia garnering attention
but her programs are suited form especially her long program which is brilliant, taht si why for every clean skate in her LP, she gets a standing ovation
it is also the programs why her PCS is climbing, I highly doubt Yuna's Adios Nino Tango will get that much reception.

do you understand now ?
You dont understand do you? She is a little girl, white, with a beautiful dress, easy to hear music, circus hiperflexibility that everyone love because is not common, all things people love but not justify all her scores, only a part of it, but I am sure that you dont understand it, you only see a thin person, like gracie and yuzuru and automatically all them deserve the beauty bonus.
And I think she wont grow more too, she has been same size for a long time.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
looks like the Maobots and Yuna fans are out in full force :disapp:
the way they are even attacking Julia on their forum is dishonorable

yuki90

On the Ice

watch NBC, BBC etc

And you know what?

At Iceberg, non-Russian skaters didnt recieve standing ovation including Fair, Ice dance, Men, Ladies who did clean and terrific programme.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You dont understand do you? She is a little girl, white, with a beautiful dress, easy to hear music, circus hiperflexibility that everyone love because is not common, all things people love but not justify all her scores, only a part of it, but I am sure that you dont understand it, you only see a thin person, like gracie and yuzuru and automatically all them deserve the beauty bonus.

Nice! I would love to know what my beauty bonus would be.:laugh:
I've been putting a lot of :rofl: and :laugh: tonight. It's almost like my favorite won or something.

I definitely :laugh: at Julia putting that ball cap on and her way oversized Russia coat.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

body type may help like that of Julia, Yuzuru or the beauty of Gracie in garnering attention
but the programs really help with the component scores, her LP is very well suited for her
that is visible to even casual viewers who saw her LP yesterday

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I'm very new here but I don't know about sky_fly's comments. It's so obvious she/he hates Yuna so much. Why?
Also, Julia would get standing ovation because almost everybody there were Russians.

I think Yuna is not threatened by Julia but by the obvious home-cooked scoring. Julia is great but not 141 points great, not 20 points higher than the rest great. Only Yuna does that and when she does, it's not questionable.

chiocciola

On the Ice
Julia was overscored, it's clear, it's home Olympics.. what's the point in discussing it over and over again. It was and will be with all the other skaters.

But she clearly deservedly won... By the way, I overestimated Gracie. She's very wooden, shows no flexibility, resembles Wagner. The skating as mediocre. She was better last year. So Julia clearly beat her on both TES and PCS. I would put clean Adelina above Gracie.

The standings are fair. And I think they will be fair in the individuals, what's for the scores, the judges tend to be very generous to clean skaters in the Olympics.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Oh well, skyfly will be disappointed since Julia will not win Gold. Shes not gonna have Russian judges this time so unless Putin threatens to kill any judge that doesnt give Julia positive GOE on wonky wrong edged jumps, theres nothing to worry about.