2014 Olympics Team Event Ladies Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Team Event Ladies Free Skate

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh well, skyfly will be disappointed since Julia will not win Gold. Shes not gonna have Russian judges this time so unless Putin threatens to kill any judge that doesnt give Julia positive GOE on wonky wrong edged jumps, theres nothing to worry about.

Are you another sky_fly20 account but just post the opposite point of view?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I'm very new here but I don't know about sky_fly's comments. It's so obvious she/he hates Yuna so much. Why?
Also, Julia would get standing ovation because almost everybody there were Russians.

I think Yuna is not threatened by Julia but by the obvious home-cooked scoring. Julia is great but not 141 points great, not 20 points higher than the rest great. Only Yuna does that and when she does, it's not questionable.

its is really unfortunate that the bots are coming just to attack :disapp:
and no I do not hate Yuna, in fact I admire her consistency and determiantion

i was only responding to a user

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Also, Julia would get standing ovation because almost everybody there were Russians.

watch her clean LP skates, wherever the location
she has gotten a standing ovation. you can go all the way back to Junior Worlds in 2012

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm very new here but I don't know about sky_fly's comments. It's so obvious she/he hates Yuna so much. Why?

I think Yuna is not threatened by Julia but by the obvious home-cooked scoring. Julia is great but not 141 points great, not 20 points higher than the rest great. Only Yuna does that and when she does, it's not questionable.

Julia received a standing ovation for her FS everywhere this season except in Russian nationals in Sochi, to be fair no one was there really but those no ones did not stand. . Even in Japan for GPF when she threatened Mao they stood and cheered. No need to say such things like only because its a Russian crowd, that's just not true. Welcome to the forum. I hope you don't leave when Julia gives her best run at Yuna and makes it close.
;)

Julia was only 12 pts ahead of Gracie, not twenty but even I say that was a 135 performance at best. Julia can do better, I've seen it. I just haven't seen the score that awaits if she does it the Olympics which really does reward clean skating let alone home field advantage. Clean Yuna could be around 145 with Julia going perfect close around 142. Hard to believe but it now seems realistic.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
its is really unfortunate that the bots are coming just to attack :disapp:
and no I do not hate Yuna, in fact I admire her consistency and determiantion

i was only responding to a user

hmmm... the fact that you called me a "bot" really reflects that you are attacking others.
And no I am not a "Yuna-bot". And I did not came here to attack. I was here for updates and information about figure skating.
It just so happened that I saw your multiple posts and I think some of them are pretty bias and a little offensive too. :p

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
And you know what?

At Iceberg, non-Russian skaters didnt recieve standing ovation including Fair, Ice dance, Men, Ladies who did clean and terrific programme.

not every clean skate will get a standing ovation, lets say Marchcie or Popova or whomever skates I don't think they will get a standing ovation
because it's also about the programs they have skated to, its the same when other countries when hosting the Olympics, D&W got a loud applause/cheer

yuki90

On the Ice
Julia received a standing ovation for her FS everywhere this season except in Russian nationals in Sochi, to be fair no one was there really but those no ones did not stand. . Even in Japan for GPF when she threatened Mao they stood and cheered. No need to say such things like only because its a Russian crowd, that's just not true. Welcome to the forum. I hope you don't leave when Julia gives her best run at Yuna and makes it close.
;)
I totally agree Julia was stunning last night.

but what do think that none of skater(Fair, Ice Dance, Men, Ladies) who did clean and terrific programme except Russians didnt recieve standing ovation in Iceberg?

And If it was GPF, Gracie also recieved standing ovation.

and Imagine If it was in U.S., Gracie could have won or close to Julia.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I totally agree Julis was stunning last night.

but what do think that none of skater(Fair, Ice Dance, Men, Ladies) who did clean and terrific programme didnt recieve standing ovation in Iceberg?

I agree with everything you Mention here. I still don't see Gracie's skate as being better and think Julia could win in spite of being in another country, that's what I like about her, she is just so invested in winning and skating to the highest level. Gracie was amazing bit not attacking her program as well as Julia but that's just my take. Julia almost fell on her last jump pass and still pulled it in and threw a clean 2t after with a perfect transition into her super bielman. It's weird that her biggest mistake wound up impressing me. Her most obvious mistakes are often considered just bobbles to most of the rest of the field.

Fans there can be overly fan of the country instead of good skate. Feel bad for them for missing something right in front of them instead of getting bothered. I'm enjoying most of their good intended cheering and pride.

It's weird as an American but my favorite athletes come from the same city in Russia, Yekaterinburg! Thank you Julia and Pavel Datsyuk. My ice heroes!!

Last edited:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
watch her clean LP skates, wherever the location
she has gotten a standing ovation. you can go all the way back to Junior Worlds in 2012

Well, I'm not saying she can't have a standing ovation anywhere. I'm just saying that the crowd was mostly Russian and that might have contributed to the very positive response including the standing ovation. Of course, they would support her, especially because it's the Olympics, in their country no less. I've watched her get a standing ovation in other events btw.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I totally agree Julia was stunning last night.

but what do think that none of skater(Fair, Ice Dance, Men, Ladies) who did clean and terrific programme except Russians didnt recieve standing ovation in Iceberg?

I think Gracie would win in PCS if skated in North America
but TES, Julia will garner more because of her spins

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
;)

Julia was only 12 pts ahead of Gracie, not twenty but even I say that was a 135 performance at best. Julia can do better, I've seen it. I just haven't seen the score that awaits if she does it the Olympics which really does reward clean skating let alone home field advantage. Clean Yuna could be around 145 with Julia going perfect close around 142. Hard to believe but it now seems realistic.

Again, I'm not saying she can't have standing ovation anywhere. I saw her get a standing ovation in European's. I meant that because there were mostly Russians in the crowd, the standing ovation is not a surprise. Of course they will support her, she's their bet for gold and she's skating in Russia.

Also, I'm not leaving just because Julia gets near Yuna. I'm here for the sport. I've quite got fond of figure skating when I watched Yuna and Mao for the first time. And Julia now. I really adore her flexibility. But in terms of maturity and quality, in my opinion, she's not quite there yet so I think her scores here are ridiculously high. And thank you for clarifying the point gap. My mistake.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Again, I'm not saying she can't have standing ovation anywhere. I saw her get a standing ovation in European's. I meant that because there were mostly Russians in the crowd, the standing ovation is not a surprise. Of course they will support her, she's their bet for gold and she's skating in Russia.

Also, I'm not leaving just because Julia gets near Yuna. I'm here for the sport. I've quite got fond of figure skating when I watched Yuna and Mao for the first time. And Julia now. I really adore her flexibility. But in terms of maturity and quality, in my opinion, she's not quite there yet so I think her scores here are ridiculously high. And thank you for clarifying the point gap. My mistake.
:thumbsup:

It will be fun to see how she grows. Don't forget the other Russians, Gracie and Kanako Murakami. I expect Kanako will bring good things! Maybe even in the Olympics this year!

lady_bee

Medalist
I fully own my middle aged prudeness, but day-um I feel like I am being mooned watching Osmond. She pretty much has a thong under her skirts on all her dresses.

So, I am not the only one!
I was not comfortable to show her performance to my teenage son, especially spins:scratch:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
:thumbsup:

It will be fun to see how she grows. Don't forget the other Russians, Gracie and Kanako Murakami. I expect Kanako will bring good things! Maybe even in the Olympics this year!

:D I'm excited to see how the next generation will do after the big stars of today have retired. I think, if Julia can fix her jumps, she'll be one of the top skaters, maybe even the one to beat if she overcomes physical growth successfully. I'll be watching for her, Gracie, Kanako, Zijun Li, Adelina and others in the years to come.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Don't forget that Kanako said she will retire after this season. I hope she changes her mind, but that's what she said.

Do you know some of Russian crowd threw the toilet paper during Caro's performance?

Did you hear the big laugh after Mao's fall?

They hardly applaud to non Russian skaters performance.

Even Hanyu advised to Machida that you would hear nothing but loud Russia call during warm-up so dont be scared and calm down.

This is too much and they cross the line. they do not repect other skaters.

There are volunteers holding picket saying 'please be quiet' in Iceberg.

Really? I also thought it was distracting, but I really feel sorry for the skaters that are getting scared! Figure Skating is so exposing - you are completely alone in singles and to have the crowd against you or at least unsupporting, must be the hardest thing. Good for Yuzuru that Plushenko was long gone when he skated, but I felt that Machida was nervous he looked a bit fragile out there.

I understand Akiko's skate a bit better now that I read this. But honestly, I love her and all, but a performance like this just won't do. I don't understand why she didn't go and performed the hell out of her beautiful program. She had literally nothing! to loose.

Did you see the faces of some skaters when their marks were shown? I think they all kind of think, ok, that's the kind of judging I have to expect here. No favours.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't forget that Kanako said she will retire after this season. I hope she changes her mind

Me too. Wow. 15 is too young for some people while 19 is getting too old for others. What a shame if this is true. :sadface:

I was disappointed by Gold. It seemed to me that her FS choreography has been simplified since the GP. Or maybe Carroll made her move 'softer' when that music is really big and powerful and strong movements were very appropriate. She did very well on the jump front but I expected a bit more from her performance.