2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate

riceplate

On the Ice
Didn't understand why Patrick's team did not revamp the 2nd half of his program. Jump wise - regardless of the falls, errors - it's very weak backup. Didn't they learn from the gpf?

Kissx3

Final Flight
I wish Plushenko had been able to skate, be his usual consistent self and win gold. It would've been a much better story than what we got, even though a lot of y'all seemed to be dreading it.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
now I want some mind-blowing Riverdance danced to its limits by Jason, which will get bronze, he'll be freaked out and gone more, more viral :):):)

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Skating last could be great for Jason. The judges are probably itching to reward a clean routine after seeing the favorites crumble.

NorthernLite

On the Ice
I almost feel like there's unfair pressure on Jason now to do something BIG. (Even the Austrian commentators just mentioned him.)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
LIEBERS Peter (GER)

Music: Who Wants to Live Forever performed by David Garrett; Smells Like Teen Spirit performed by David Garrett

4T - fall
3A+3T
3Lz
StSq
3A - stepout
3Lz+2T+2T
FSSp
3S
3Lo
FCCoSp
2A
ChSq
CCoSp

One fall, but otherwise solid. Not high enough PCS for medal, though, I think

FS: 75.97+78.86-1.00 = 153.83 (PB), 239.87 (PB), in 8th (out of 23)

imisscohen

On the Ice
I really doubt Jason can pull through a 170 or so, which is what he'll need to win bronze. But top 5 is still possible, and that is a great accomplishment given his non-status on the international scene before these games.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Heartbreaking for Chan, but that would have been a pretty bad result if Chan still won. Congrats to Hanyu!

But wow, I don't think I've seen such a bad two sets of freeskates atop the Olympic podium.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Hanyu still delivered a quad and 7 clean triples. More than technical content than previous OGM. I though his Flip was only a stepout, but count as a fall???