2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate | Page 46 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Not counting the SP, yes, these 2 gold and silver medalists are the equivalent to 1992 Ladies. Messy performances.

Yes, both have big tricks
Patrick has that 4T-3T
Yuzuru has that 4T, and 3A-3T

Same with Midori and Kristy
3Lz-3T and 3A

All big elements from the top 2 in both events. Too bad they each make 2-3 mistakes. Let's hope in a few years people still love Yuzuru and Chan as much as they love Kristi and Midori now.

Artistry

On the Ice
Why did Patrick switch coaches again?
He'sbeen worse technically since.

Does he have a jump coach, since the woman coaching him is from the dance world????

waddup

Rinkside
good luck to brown but i really want d10 to medal. it'll be so good for him after such a terrible season.

The pressure just got to everyone. Hanyu left that door WIDE open and I thought Patrick had it in the bag after he finished his first quad. Idk how he managed to rack up so many mistakes after.

I honestly have SO MUCH MORE admiration for Yuna Kim pulling off 2 cleans with the Olympics pressure. Idk how she did it.

Indeed!!!

And not just YuNa. That entire final six of ladies at Vancouver was fall-free, if I recall. What a night that was. And it's not as if they skated conservatively. Mao did two double axels, and YuNa's triple-triples were airborne.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Blurg.

What a mess. From both Yuzu and Chan. Today has been a struggle and as Kurt Browning said, not a clash of the titans but a battle for survival.

Germanice

On the Ice
Ok, both were not really convincing ...but this result is still not as bad as 2010 ... and at least Chan hasn't won!

Snoopy15

On the Ice
Why did Patrick switch coaches again?
He'sbeen worse technically since.

Does he have a jump coach, since the woman coaching him is from the dance world????

He has Eddie Shipstad as a tech coach, I believe. He's a tech spec from Skate Canada who specializes in the pole harness.