Plushenko's surgery will be filmed, not aired | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Plushenko's surgery will be filmed, not aired

hurrah

Medalist
I'm kind of glad that I don't live in Russia. First, there was that story about Julia getting bugged by the media, and now this. Honestly, the whole affair is sooooo Kafkaesque.

I think that for so many decades under Soviet control, the news media were not to be trusted, and everything was questioned, that it's not easy to take news sources for granted now. That might explain it.

aschiutza

On the Ice
I think it is very very very sad if such a legend, such a sportler, who has already 12 surgeries, needs to film his OP to show some idiots that he was really injured. At the end of the day he has done so much for Russia and also he got loads of time 3 places , where a lot of younger skaters got the posibility to show what they can.

It is a bad signal for the youngster to be shown that they have to skate no matter what and risking to ruin completly their health: this sould be a big no-go! This is only sport not a matter of life and death ... Also a big no-go to show them that only winning is what matters....

I am very disspointed especially about those skaters (who majority have retaired because of injuries!) who b... about Plushenko not skating because of the injury.... Come one! Is not like Plushenko was a mimosa who quits because of small aches. He skated a lot thourgh pains, with anti-pains shots, has already 12 OP and skated further and further. It has to be trust that if he says he cannot do it, than he cannot do it.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Media and public is really greedy, too spolied, I also dont like how they dont appreciate Plushenko or any skater under difficult situations, they did the same when he withdrew from Worlds 2005 and one year after they were making him a god, then wrote a tone of critisism around 2008 and the so called come back, only to support him in Vancouver until he won silver and dissapointed them, two three days after Team event when he withdrew Vaitshovskaya of all people wrote 'The real skate now begins" , I dont get how they sabotage their own skaters, same for others, the moment Lipnitskaya faltered they reigned another queen and are not even sympathetique towards what she did for the team event.
If Plushenko was from my country he would have had a square named after him and probably one two statues around already.

Big Deal

Final Flight
He seems to start to have a serious mental condition.
I'm a surgeon myself.
It is a sick action from a patient.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm a surgeon myself.

How many more bloody times do I have to repeat myself?

HE IS NOT BROADCASTING THE SURGERY LIVE. There is going to be a recording of the surgery, presumably to use against any nasties later, but THERE WILL NOT BE A BROADCAST OF THE SURGERY.

aschiutza

On the Ice
I'm a surgeon myself.

Have you taken the time to read the whole thread or how did you come as a surgeon to the "serious mental condition" idea?

But if I was in his place i would have also a serious mental condition at the hate and thoughtless twitter / article /blogs and forums , because sadly hate and dumbness don't pain anyone to write whatever hatefeul comes in his mind ....

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I hope his surgery is a success and that he recovers completely, I also must ask, "Why, why, why?"

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
While I hope his surgery is a success and that he recovers completely, I also must ask, "Why, why, why?"

Why what? Why another surgery? To fix the screw in his back. Why did he compete? Because he could and he was wonderful. Why is he recording the surgery? Because there are jerkwads in the world who still accuse him of faking and claim he never had the surgery in the first place.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ My "Why" is for the whole idea of broadcasting the surgery live! Of course he needs to have the surgery!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
^ My "Why" is for the whole idea of broadcasting the surgery live! Of course he needs to have the surgery!

.........oh for crying out loud.

I'm not repeating myself again.

People are always so quick to believe malicious lies...

bebevia

On the Ice
THIS really scared me. Not so often I blatantly react with only one word (...WHY?).
Thank GOD it's not true, and thank god I READ POSTS.

Then, I had to think why it was so believable. Oh Plushee...

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So you're saying that it won't be broadcast? If that's the case, that's a relief!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So you're saying that it won't be broadcast? If that's the case, that's a relief!

I suggest reading the whole thread.

EDIT:

Thankyou to the mod to corrected the malicious false thread title.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Karne, I'll admit that I didn't read the whole thread, and I will have to later, but thanks for clearing it up & I'm glad the mod corrected the title of it.

glam

On the Ice
This is so weird! Is he filming it because of what happened at Olympics? Because why would anyone care about his surgery?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This is so weird! Is he filming it because of what happened at Olympics? Because why would anyone care about his surgery?

Because nasty little jerks accused him of lying about the surgery last time and accuse him of faking the injury at the Olympics.