2014 Worlds - Short Dance | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Short Dance

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I opened this and a scary woman said, "This content is currently unavailable" in a very measured tone -_-. Thanks for sharing though!

A scary woman? :eek: Sounds kind of weird. Maybe they're trying to scare people off from accessing it.

Btw, I think CBC TV has 2 Ice Dance Short broadcasts tomorrow on T.V. One in the afternoon, and then another one in the evening with the Men's Final. I'm assuming the afternoon coverage will be the earlier Dance flights and the evening coverage will be the final Dance flight.

TMC

Record Breaker
So you mess up a major element and you get a 9 in performance/execution? Got it.

Could this be different if there were two panels of judges - one purely technical, one purely pcs?

Kori had something to say about this; one can master the performance, but the integrity of the technical elements is part of the performance.

Or you could just go to comps and stand opposite the judges with a big sheet that reads "YOU ARE NOT OBLIGED TO PUT THE SAME NUMBER IN EVERY PCS BOX. ONE CAN BE 9 BUT ANOTHER CAN STILL BE 4!"

Last edited:

sisinka

Medalist
I/K: Except for ONE element (twizzles), every other element was superior to the Shibs. Quality, speed, flow and timing were exceptional. If clean it would have scored 74-76 (based on growth of marks for everyone in the SD throughout the season) . The score was fair.

Talking about elements I agree (but S&Z are better couple than S&S and they still get low elements score - GOE for what they did today)...but mistakes are affecting components as well, no? I&K got 9,18 for Skating Skills at the Olympics for clean skate and now... even better... 9,21 for Skating Skills with enormous mistake...once again judges save as much as possible and give higher marks to keep the couple on the top. How about other couples who skated better today? Were I&K Skating Skills with such mistake really better than at the Olympics?

Matt K

On the Ice
Personally I think Sinitsina/Zhiganshin have a softer and more beautiful glide than Shibutanis by far. But whatever. S/Z are a new team.

Chock/Bates are ahead of I/K. hyperinflation is happy :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Could this be different if there were two panels of judges - one purely technical, one purely pcs?

Kori had something to say about this; one can master the performance, but the integrity of the technical elements is part of the performance.

Or you could just go to comps and stand opposite the judges with a big sheet that reads "YOU ARE NOT OBLIGED TO PUT THE SAME NUMBER IN EVERY PCS BOX. ONE CAN BE 9 NUT ANOTHER CAN STILL BE 4!"

Yes, Jason talks a lot about that too....that it's not worth affecting the integrity of the performance by performing elements not mastered. I'm not sure how that plays out in Ice Dance....

vinganca

Rinkside
ok so G/P had a minor stumble coming out of twizzles...wonder what their deduction will look like compared to I/K's disaster? :rolleye:

Coco Usagi

Rinkside
G/P - She messed up the second twizzles, so the TES will go down, but can I just say that I love both their music choices for SD and FD this season?

sisinka

Medalist
Personally I think Sinitsina/Zhiganshin have a softer and more beautiful glide than Shibutanis by far. But whatever. S/Z are a new team.

Chock/Bates are ahead of I/K. hyperinflation is happy :laugh:

Shibutanis won World Bronze medal at their first senior year...they were a new team as well and nobody took care about it, they didn't need to wait until somebody notice them (including own Federation).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
G/P - She messed up the second twizzles, so the TES will go down, but can I just say that I love both their music choices for SD and FD this season?

I do like the SD music, though I'm not sure if it works well as a foxtrot/quickstep....

auser

Record Breaker

Thanks I was just wondering if there was a little mistake. I am so happy we get to see them skate their SD and FD again this season at this comp.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The truth is I/K's quality is superior to everyone else before them, and the judges saw that and rewarded them with it. Those twizzles were the kiss of death, they would have been 10 points higher without that error. (Top 4-5 marks in Sochi were 70s)

And here is hyperinflation who will now say that Shibs, W/P, D/W and every Canadian team was robbed today.

Do you think I/K were superior to every performance prior to this one, considering the major error on the twizzles? :rolleye: Because their PCS seems to think so.