The Constant Gardener | Golden Skate

The Constant Gardener

Vash01

Medalist
Did anyone see this movie? I went in with high expectations because of the rave reviews it had received from critics. I must admit that I was a bit disapppointed, although the movie had its high points. The acting, direction, and cinematography were good. This is the kind of movie that gets Oscar nominations.

I don't want to give away the end, so I won't say much. It is worth seeing once, and one may need to see it twice to fully understand it. I am not likely to see it second time though. Once was enough.

K-Mo

On the Ice
I thought it was a good movie, but I guess I thought it would be more exciting than it was. While the writing and acting were wonderful, I thought it lacked some intensity. I really like Ralph Fiennes, so I guess it was worth it, but I doubt I'll se it again, either.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I enjoyed it, but it was not a feel good movie at all. I loved the book, and was pleased with the treatment they did for the movie. They kept trying to trick you out of loving the main characters by leading you to think certain things...and then revealing that they hadnt been in the wrong after all. Which is sort of heartwrenching given their outcome.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I heard the book was wonderful, and I am glad to be reading some things about the film. I will probably go and check it out. I have recently become a big Rachel Weisz fan.

Vash01

Medalist
I really like Ralph Fiennes and it was good to see him get a deserving role after so many years. I hope he will get an Oscar nomination again. I agree with someone that said that the movie was lacking in intensity. At times it felt too long drawn to me, which may have made it become less effective.