Breaking in skates | Golden Skate

Breaking in skates

MoodyE

Spectator
this is my first time doing this ahaha but i have edea chorus’ and i bought these all the way back in like june or july and i skate usually once or twice a week from like 8:30am to 4pm constant skating and my skates still have not been broken into yet there are multiple days where as soon as i get on the ice not even 10 minutes later im off because my feet can’t take it anymore i do edges i do jumps and my spins to help but they are still painful when i first got them i walked around my house with them everyday for the first two weeks and i just need some advice on how i can help and why this is happening these are my first edea pairs if ive had them for the past 4ish? months and they are still very painful

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
As @WednesdayMarch said, you need to talk to your fitter. Also, you are wearing and skating on these boots way too long per day. You are not an elite skater and you are skating way longer than they even train a day and week.

SK4T3

Rinkside
i skate usually once or twice a week from like 8:30am to 4pm constant skating and my skates still have not been broken into yet there are multiple days where as soon as i get on the ice not even 10 minutes later im off because my feet can’t take it anymore i do edges i do jumps and my spins to help but they are still painful

Welcome to the Forums!

When I'm right; You are you seriously skating twice a week 7,5 hours a day? (On Skates that hurt your feet within 10 minutes?) Is that cramp or ache? I would suggest to skate 3-4 times a week at 1-1,5h per session. And of course contact your fitter; the two hours drive is definitely an investment!

Please try to use capitals and punctuation; that's so much easier to read.

MoodyE

Spectator
Welcome to the Forums!

When I'm right; You are you seriously skating twice a week 7,5 hours a day? (On Skates that hurt your feet within 10 minutes?) Is that cramp or ache? I would suggest to skate 3-4 times a week at 1-1,5h per session. And of course contact your fitter; the two hours drive is definitely an investment!

Please try to use capitals and punctuation; that's so much easier to read.
usually once a week, twice if i’m lucky i can’t skate that much because of school and i said that there are times were it happens and i take a break i have my fitter’s number so i can ask him im just asking here for some advice :)

icewhite

Record Breaker
Where exactly are they painful? Shin, ankles? Or is you foot almost cramping?
Did you have another brand before that and now you maybe don't tie them in the best way?

MoodyE

Spectator
iWhere exactly are they painful? Shin, ankles? Or is you foot almost cramping?
Did you have another brand before that and now you maybe don't tie them in the best way?
it comes to the point where sometimes it’s to painful i never got pain in my shins to skate before i got my edeas i had the Jackson classic (very old skates i know)

icewhite

Record Breaker
so it's actually your shins, hm, have you asked your coach or other people about the way you tie them?

SK4T3

Rinkside
my coach has seen the way i tie them she has never said anything about it
Yeah, ask people around your rink how tight (or loose) they tie their laces. But specifically your coach.

Are you familiar with this website?:
https://edeaskates.com/en/lacing-properly/

Last week I had pain in my shins at the session where I was trying out new socks. --> What kind of socks are you using? (Mine where to "fluffy" when I got problems)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
@MoodyE: Lacing is a very personal thing (well how tight or loose you like them), and don't lace all the way up when breaking in, leave the top hook off. Also, if you are getting the pain you have been describing, it sounds more like your boots don't fit you foot properly in some way (most likely not wide enough, or long enough, or your foot shape is not meant for an edea at all). You really need to see a reputable skate fitter/tech and have this all checked out, and yes travelling 2 or more hours is the sacrifice many skaters have to take to get the proper boots/blades, etc.

Good luck!