Dance - Compulsory - Notes & Comments | Golden Skate

Dance - Compulsory - Notes & Comments

Rosaleen

Medalist
Note: The following reports are copyright Golden Skate. Please, while you may provide links to reports, do not copy & paste them elsewhere. Thank you.

The dance was the Paso Doble. I'm no dance expert, so the notes are pretty sparse, but better than nothing I guess.

1 FRA Rouzet / Rumi
this is the black & red group - all the teams are in black some with red trim / he has a pony tail / swing roll at end of crossovers is a bit shallow & legs a bit sloppy / generally not as crisp as it should be - timing seemed ok (to the non-expert that I am) / pattern might be a little on the small side / pb 26.98 tech 13.82 comp 11.04 tot 24.86

2 CAN Virtue / Moir
black with red - her dess is gorgeous / nice opening with music / what can I say - to me that was just about perfect - fast good edges, attitude, you name it / pb 36.91 tech 17.74 comp 15.56 tot 33.30 /

3 CAN Lamoureux / Mee
no red on this team - all black hers with cutouts around midriff / seemed like maybe a bit of a slip during 1st set of cross rolls / otherwise seemed quite good / there's not a lot you can say about CD's, unless they make a mistake / pb 32.55 tech 14.06 comp 10.91 tot 24.97

4 CAN Graham / Poje
his shirt is red shading to black at hem / pattern is one of the larger ones / good flow & edges except it seemed to me that there was a bit of hesitation on the ends near me as they turned forward / pb 31.85 tech 14.08 comp 10.66 tot 24.74

5 UKR Vykhodtseva / Shumski
they're both quite small her skirt has kerchief hem with white, red & black / on the cross rolls she's not by his side, but way in front / pb 25.14 tech 12.65 comp 9.89 tot 22.54 /

6 HUN Lalatka / Balint
him in red shirt with black bolero & pants her dress is mostly red with black lace on one sleeve / legs lines don't always match / might have been a bit of a slip near start of 1st pattern / pb 25.19 tech 12.14 comp 9.10 tot 21.24

7 GER Kolbe / Boll
her dress is open back with asymetrical hem & red flowers around hips / they almost hopped their cross rolls and seemed to acordian a bit / pb 28.83 tech 14.67 comp 11.82 tot 26.49 /

8 RUS Bobrova / Soloviev
he's in black with a red & gold 1/2 bolero / started out quite quick but really slowed down 1/2 way through 2nd pattern / seemed to be cutting the top of the pattern at the end after the cross rolls / tech 16.28 comp 13.37 tot 29.65 /

9 USA Lauten / Hill
he's in black with gold bolero her dress has gold flounce on hem / they had good speed throughout - no obvious errors that I could see / her cross behinds don't seem to cross very much / pb 31.70 tech 13.91 comp 11.73 tot 25.64 /

10 USA Miosi / Ponomarev
him in white shirt with black vest & pants her dress has blue sequins / he has red hair - she's asian / something seems a bit off during the sissors / tech 14.76 comp 11.55 tot 26.31

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Thnaks, Rosaleen!

Music as listed in their Team USA bios:

Miosi/Ponomarev: Mambo/Samba (OD); Phantom on Ice (FD).

Lauten/Hill: “Mambo Jumbo” & “Beautful Maria of My Soul” (OD); Phantom of the Opera (FD).