Chait/Sakhnovski on Lte Night w/ Conan O.Brien | Golden Skate

Chait/Sakhnovski on Lte Night w/ Conan O.Brien

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Thank goodness someone else saw this too! I thought I was the only one still up that late at night, LOL :laugh: Conan cracked me up with this skit last night. He had pretty much every holiday known to man incorporated into the celebration and I love that they were celebrating the lighting of the Abe Bagoda (who is this older actor guy that Conan talks about all the time in jokes) instead of an actual tree. What a hoot. That's pretty cool that Galit and Sergei got asked to do that too! :clap:

euterpe

Medalist
It's bad enough to replace the word "Christmas" with "Holiday". Let's not call it "Xmas",

euterpe said:
It's bad enough to replace the word "Christmas" with "Holiday". Let's not call it "Xmas",
Actually, the "X" in Xmas is not really an X, it is a Greek letter "Chi," the initial letter of "Christ" (Savior) in Greek. This goes back to the Hebrew tradition (shared by many relgions) of showing religious awe in the presence of God by not spellng out his complete name (YHVH).

Something like that.

MM :)

PS. Hey, Kwanfan, here's Abe Vigoda. (He played Fish on Barney Miller -- that was before your time, LOL.)

http://www.badastronomy.com/pix/lenin/abevigoda.jpg

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Hey, I actually remember Barney Miller! Maybe it was the reruns though, LOL :laugh:

Thanks for the correct spelling of his name though. I wasn't sure! :agree:

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
DORISPULASKI said:
Wasn't Abe given his own spinoff, Fish, for a while too?

Yes he did. It lasted a couple of years.

But the most classic Abe Vigoda story is when he was referred to as "the late Abe Vigoda" in a story in People magazine about 10-15 years ago. He was very much alive and while taking it with a sense of humor, he admitted to being upset at the impact on his career. Glad to see his wonderful facial expressions on display on Conan. :clap: :thumbsup: :laugh:

I didn't see it but it sounds like a riot. Somewhat off-topic, but it also gives me a chance to say I am really enjoying Chait & Sagnovsky this season. Some of it is the look, ie, Sergei's short hair with highlights, although I'm not a fan of Galit's red hair--please go back to blonde!

But most of it is their skating. They're one of the few teams in ice dance who I feel are really skating for the audience. Sure, there are technical issues, but I've just enjoyed the heck out of them in the GPS. And I was never a fan before.

The fact that they would do a Conan O'Brien comedy sketch about Christmas--BTW, they're both Jewish, which makes it even funnier--seems to show how much they're enjoying this Olympic season too.

After the allegations involving Galit's father bribing a judge in I'm not sure what year, IMO they've really been a class act coming through that. Now that they've done Conan, I'm really rooting for them.:rock:

Rgirl

JOHIO2

Medalist
Conan wasn't the only one to spoof the tree lighting show. Saturday Night Live did one this past weekend. Theirs wasn't nearly as funny as the full-length version of the skit on Conan. Those who have only seen the edited version available on the website oughta know, they cut some of the funniest stuff. (and also the introduction for Galit and Sergei.) Watch out for Conan reruns - I figure they'll be played until after New Year's.

lulu

Final Flight
JOHIO2 said:
Conan wasn't the only one to spoof the tree lighting show. Saturday Night Live did one this past weekend. Theirs wasn't nearly as funny as the full-length version of the skit on Conan. Those who have only seen the edited version available on the website oughta know, they cut some of the funniest stuff. (and also the introduction for Galit and Sergei.) Watch out for Conan reruns - I figure they'll be played until after New Year's.

Can you give a discription of his introduction of Galit & Sergei?

I only saw a *very* edited clip online, and Galit & Sergei were only shown a few seconds.

JOHIO2

Medalist
His intro was really rather tame compared to the other stuff. But ya gotta love their attempt at the pair/dance team glide into position when they walked onto such a small "rink." And don't you love their outfits?