ABC cut out in THE MIDDLE OF Johnny's performance! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

ABC cut out in THE MIDDLE OF Johnny's performance!

That glitch in the program was on every NYC channel. Something must have gone wrong in the area. I first noticed when Matt was skating. I thought he had gotten a terrible cut for his music. But then it was with every skater.

Was there a problem in other cities?

Joe

orchid

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
I've got the whole program on my computer. If I had time, I'd be happy to turn it into a Windows Media file and upload it. But it would take forever to encode...anyway, I can try...

Possibly espn (2) will rebroadcast soon ???

R.D.

Record Breaker
We had a similar problem in Baltimore. I believe it was the ABC broadcast, not the individual stations with this problem.

Nice show, BTW. I never thought I'd say that, but it's a good break from the cut out tried and true. I like it. And I voted, too. :rock:

Now, if only they fixed those broadcast issues...

R.D.

Record Breaker
orchid said:
Possibly espn (2) will rebroadcast soon ???

NHK Trophy Ladies is on ESPN2 now. I'm ripping the live broadcast straight to my computer.

orchid

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
That glitch in the program was on every NYC channel. Something must have gone wrong in the area. I first noticed when Matt was skating. I thought he had gotten a terrible cut for his music. But then it was with every skater.

Joe

In Mid-Michigan, yes. At times, I felt I was watching an old vcr tape. A bit jerky and the music was slower than the skater. Particularily in the first half hour.

orchid

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
NHK Trophy Ladies is on ESPN2 now. I'm ripping the live broadcast straight to my computer.

Thanks, after this afternoon, I had forgotten about NHK. Bye

Red Dog said:
We had a similar problem in Baltimore. I believe it was the ABC broadcast, not the individual stations with this problem.

Nice show, BTW. I never thought I'd say that, but it's a good break from the cut out tried and true. I like it. And I voted, too. :rock:

Now, if only they fixed those broadcast issues...
I was surfing the web. It was on CBS, NBC and Fox as well. Pub TV was ok.

Those poor NASCAR viewers must have missed 6 laps of going around and around. It kills the family fun.

Joe

BittyBug

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Those poor NASCAR viewers must have missed 6 laps of going around and around. It kills the family fun.
:rofl: Good one, LOL.

Re Johnny's costume - it was his 2nd costume for his 'Imagine' exhibition - not designed to go with What a Wonderful World (which is an even older number). But I enjoyed the program very much.

Loooved Savoie, and props to him for going for the technical difficulty all the way around - footowork, spins and jumps.

And I thought Sasha was brilliant.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Spirit said:
Sorry, that was my fault. I turned the hair dryer on.

PML!!

In my neck of the woods, the audio and video quality throughout the cheesefest was poor. At first I thought is was REALLY bad music cuts, then realized the sounds was scratchy in places for most / all of the skaters. Also had lots of places where the video went funny. (can't think of the right word)

I was :scratch: during Weir's skate!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
bronxgirl said:
A winner or The winner:p

I like Kurt Browning's performance better than any of the mens finalists...
Why did he even skate????I don't understand.

Dee

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doggygirl said:
PML!!

In my neck of the woods, the audio and video quality throughout the cheesefest was poor. At first I thought is was REALLY bad music cuts, then realized the sounds was scratchy in places for most / all of the skaters. Also had lots of places where the video went funny. (can't think of the right word)

I was :scratch: during Weir's skate!!
Same in my neck of the woods. The picture kept freezing but the music played on. :laugh: :laugh: There was also a lot of crackling sounds going on. It was getting very irritating.

Dee

JOHIO2

Medalist
orchid said:
:laugh:
"...toilet paper frenzy!!!" Now that's funny, every so often my cat goes crazy
and unrolls then wraps himself up in the shredded paper. He does this without music, however.
:rofl:

Vash01

Medalist
Joesitz said:

Joe

I am in Arizona and the problem lasted for a substantial length of time.I did not see Johnny's fall on a jump and I had started wondering if we would get to see the rest of the competition. However, finally when the picture returned, Johnny was still skating. A similar problem occurred two more times during the telecast, but for a much shorter length (about a second each time; this one must have lasted at least 30-40 seconds).

Vash