8 Olga AKIMOVA / Alexander SHAKALOV UZB 25.72
9 Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG CHN 25.51
10 Laura MUNANA / Luke MUNANA MEX 24.73
11 Natalie BUCK / Trent NELSON-BOND AUS 23.85
12 Xintong HUANG / Xun ZHENG CHN 22.84
13 Alisa ALLAPACH / Peter KONGKASEM THA 20.61
14 Hye Min KIM / Min Woo KIM KOR 20.54
15 Maria BOROUNOV / Evgeni BOROUNOV AUS 18.18

Interesting so far. As expected Belbin/Agosto are way out in front and, unless they cannot finish the competition for some unexpected reason, will win it easily.
Places two through five are going to be a real battle. Less than a point difference between places. As a Canadian I'm chearing for Virtue and Moir. L/M will likely drop from here on out, while the OD and FD are V/M's strongest suit. I predict S/O will be able to overtake L/M in the other two phases of the competition. I expect V/M to be a serious challenge to M/Z for that silver.

CDMM1991

Medalist
I too believe that Virtue and Moir may challenge Matthews and Zavozin for that silver medal. Their OD and FD are absolutely breathtaking. They're the dance team of the future.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Oh, it's finally over? I logged on when it had supposedly been in progress for 2 hours, and only 6 couples had finished. Either there was a time change, the incorrect start time was given, or the compulsury dance music is an entire 3-movement symphony.....

I agree, this is gonna be a good one.

shine

Record Breaker
Go V&M!!!!!! I just cannot wait to see their OD, and hopefully they'll treat us with an exciting and mistake-free one!!!!

Go Silverstein and O'Meara! it looks like mathews and Zavosin are skating like they have something to prove, after just missing the Olympic team.

Interesting that, unlike the ladies and men, almost all of the U.S. pairs and dancers are competing at 4C's.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Mathman Interesting that said:
That seems to happen a lot. It's not unusual to send a #6 lady or a #7 man to compete internationally, but anyone outside the top 4 in Pairs or Dance rarely gets to go anywhere. Then we wonder why we have depth problems in these categories (well -- not so much in dance anymore). I've always thought that international experience should be spread around more among the US Pairs and Dancers.