PAIRS SHORT - Wheee, here we go! | Golden Skate

PAIRS SHORT - Wheee, here we go!

JOHIO2

Medalist
Last edited:

Jane2

Rinkside
Can someone direct me to Eurosport ?
I watched one of the Worlds on there once...but now am having trouble.
tia!
Jane

JOHIO2

Medalist
Inoue and Baldwin ROCK! They said they'd go for the throw triple axel and nailed it!

Rank Country Names Total
Element Score Total
Program Component Score Total
Deductions Total
Segment Score
1 USA INOUE Rena
BALDWIN John 35.53 25.74 0.00 61.27
Executed Elements Scores
of Panel
Group 3 Lift 4 4.29
Throw Triple Axel 8.64
Forward Inside Death Spiral 3 3.70
Double Axel 3.30
Fly. Change Foot Comb. Spin 4 3.79
Double Twist 3 4.07
Circular Step Sequence 3 3.17
Pair Combination Spin 4 4.57
Program Components
Skating Skills 6.54
Performance / Execution 6.46
Interpretation 6.46
Transitions 6.25
Choreography 6.46
Deductions

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Spoiler

Did Rena land the Throw3/a? It lists it as a component and no deductions.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
You're good Jo, no sooner than I asked the question you had the answer. You:rock: :rock: :rock: too! Way to go John and Rene!:chorus: I love it when the pair are romantically involved, it just adds that little someting something, don't you think?

cmego500

Rinkside
Piel said:
Spoiler

Did Rena land the Throw3/a? It lists it as a component and no deductions.

Spoiler:

Yes she did!
But now they're in third place behind the 2 chinese teams. I can't believe that SHEN Xue / ZHAO Hongbo touched down on her triple solo jump! He nailed his and he's the 1 that hasn't had time to really practice!

JOHIO2

Medalist
forgot to add: look for box on rt. click on live audio feed. I doubt they are doing a live video on Eurosport.

CCTV5 still on live feed.

JOHIO2

Medalist
After first two warm-up groups:

1 CHN PANG Qing / TONG Jian 34.09 29.10 0.00 63.19
2 CHN SHEN Xue / ZHAO Hongbo 30.86 31.46 0.00 62.32
3 USA INOUE Rena / BALDWIN John 35.53 25.74 0.00 61.27
4 UKR VOLOSOZHAR Tatiana / MOROZOV Stanislav 28.05 23.09 1.00 50.14
5 FRA PLA Marylin / BONHEUR Yannick 24.35 20.89 1.00 44.24
6 UZB AGANINA Marina / KNYAZEV Artem 26.92 17.10 0.00 44.02
7 BUL SPASSOVA Rumiana / TODOROV Stanimir 20.65 17.62 1.00 37.27
8 PRK PHYO Yong Myong / JONG Yong Hyok 18.60 15.03 0.00 33.63

rain

Record Breaker
I find it interesting that Shen/Zhao are behind Pang and Tong, generally regarded as the third Chinese team. Doesn't bode well for them to make a real run at the gold, but we'll have to see how the actual points stack up. The top three are all really close so far.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Sorry Jo. I wasn't sure if results were going to be listed in the threador just a link to them. Didn't want to risk spoiling anyone.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Piel said:
I love it when the pair are romantically involved, it just adds that little someting something, don't you think?

My dad likes to think so lol according to him Jamie and David were good skaters until Dec. 31, 05 when they became great skaters lol (he's more of a "when they're married they have something special" kind of guy... he's so odd)

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
There is no audio on eurosport (at least I'm getting none) but there is a bit of commentary. Anyway Rene and John have highest tech scores so far but below S&Z and P&T in PCS. Are Pong and Tong that much better in their presentation than I & B?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Your dad and I agreeing on something:eek: :eek: :eek: There may be a liberal inside of him yet.:biggrin:

Thanks for taking care of the thread. I take it that you are the designated mod for the day?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
yelyoh said:
There is no audio on eurosport (at least I'm getting none) but there is a bit of commentary. Anyway Rene and John have highest tech scores so far but below S&Z and P&T in PCS. Are Pong and Tong that much better in their presentation than I & B?

I don't think so. Come to think of it none of the top pairs really blow me away with their artistry other than S&Z, and that has taken some time .

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Piel I agree unless I&B were reeealllyy sloooow or something. We'll see 2nite.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Shue put her hand down on the SBS triple, but he got it!

And Pang and Tong skated better than I've seen them skate so far this season. They really have been BLAH in other comps.

That said, I still would have put I/B in first. Look at the levels scores on the NBC results site. There are 2 versions of the NBC site - one shows overall scores and results. The simple version. The second option has all the tech stuff skating fans want.

I'm still excited for Inoue and Baldwin. No matter what happens now, they have become a part of Olympic history!

cmego500

Rinkside
See 2night?? Idk how u can wait so longggg to watch it. I couldn't stand not seeing it live and i'm watching it on cctv5 even if it is in chinese, all i care about is watching the pairs.

JOHIO2

Medalist
The ones who were S-l-o-w were Shen and Zhao. But what a triumph to even be there. And they are still in the medal hunt. We'll see more after the other top teams have skated. I think they are now on an ice refinish.

JOHIO2

Medalist
cmego500 - I'm with you on Chinese feed. Now that I have been watching the feed this season, I'm extremely spoiled!

and Eurosport people - what can I say? I already have too many windows open, so I don't know what's going on there. But if you do get anything to work, let the rest of the people who are dying for skating know.

Whoops, gotta go - we're back to comp.