Why is Lambiel so hated by all? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Why is Lambiel so hated by all?

redladybug21

Rinkside
bigdeal said:
I forgot a very important detail ( at least in my eyes it is).
When Lambiel is skating I can see a lovely, artistic general appearance , nothing woodden, but I don't need to think I've seen a MAN without beeing ridiculously "over-macho" or even unnecessarily feminine:rock: :rock: . It is NOT easy to find this "border-line" and he did it.

This is exactally the way i feel about stephane. He skates so beautifully and you don't have to worry if he is compromising his manliness. He's got a quality that just flows, his style will never be seen as feminine, its so innocent and so full of joy and power.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
We now see how ridicilous hockeyfan228's claims that a clean Weir would or should beat a clean Lambiel are. Weir with a clean short at these Worlds only managed a 73.++ score. With a quad he would only score 77, since a quad is only 3.5 extra. Lambiel with two major mistakes scored a 77.++ score. Lambiel scored a 160 in qualifying with one mistake, without the mistake and skated in the final long where scores are higher it probably would have been a 166 or something. Imagine Weir even with a quad getting a 166 for a clean long program, ROTFL! :chorus: :chorus:

antmanb

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
We now see how ridicilous hockeyfan228's claims that a clean Weir would or should beat a clean Lambiel are. Weir with a clean short at these Worlds only managed a 73.++ score. With a quad he would only score 77, since a quad is only 3.5 extra. Lambiel with two major mistakes scored a 77.++ score. Lambiel scored a 160 in qualifying with one mistake, without the mistake and skated in the final long where scores are higher it probably would have been a 166 or something. Imagine Weir even with a quad getting a 166 for a clean long program, ROTFL! :chorus: :chorus:

Are too ****ing stupid to read slutskayafan? The edge is supposed to be spoiler free....

Can one of the moderators remove the post so that others aren't unintentionally spoilled.

Thanks
Ant

Hey, at least we have a thread about a skater other than Michelle, Sasha, or Irina that got over 100 posts!

Keep spinning, Stephane!

Rgirl

heyang

Record Breaker
Rgirl said:
Hey, at least we have a thread about a skater other than Michelle, Sasha, or Irina that got over 100 posts!

Keep spinning, Stephane!

Rgirl

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I also wanted to add that I heard one of the commentators during Oly's say that Lambiel himself said that he doesn't do the hardest variations of his spins because he wants to preserve the aesthetic quality of his spins. This could explain why his marks aren't as high on his spins. He's doing great less difficult spins, but his challengers might be doing less perfect difficult spins. COP rewards the difficulty over simpler quality.

BTW, I prefer Lambiel and Lysacek over Weir and I've never been a huge Plushenko fan, but I respect all of them as skaters for the capabilities.

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
I don't like dead zebras...

For the record I love Stephane Lambiel AND his skating. There isn't anything about it I don't like except the poor dead zebra he's been wearing for an LP costume. :biggrin:

lotusland

On the Ice
slutskyayafan21,
Someone needs to tell Lambiel how you feel ... that he is hated by all. I just watched an interview with Stephane Lambiel on CBC and he seems to think the audience in Calgary really enjoys his skating. At least that is what he said. But hey, how would he know?!? ;)

K-Mo

On the Ice
As someone that was jumping up and down for joy when he won tonight, I can safely say that Stephane has a few fans out there. Whenever I hear cowbells, I will think of the colorful zebra. :love:

sk8m8

Final Flight
slutskayafan21 said:
It is amazing this thread has stood up so long. A Slutskayafan thread is bound to last,

Once again proving what so many of our posters already know... length and endurance mean nothing without good intent and skillful usage

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I LOVE his skating!! And his blue and orange zebra costume.. That LP is classic and when you pciture him skating it you will remember the costume...:) Kind of like Illia Kulik (spelling?) and his yellow giraffe shirt to Rhapsody in Blue in 98.

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
It is amazing this thread has stood up so long. A Slutskayafan thread is bound to last, it is never boring, and always worth discussing. I am a great asset to this site. :rock:

Yes, sweetheart ~ you are da bomb (or as my 8-year old would say, the schnitz..) and we love you!!!

Now as for Lambiel ~ I did hate him last night for about 4 minutes because he beat my heart's desire for the Gold!!!

Having watched skating for years & years ~ one thing I really like about Stephan is his ability to transcend the ho humness that is figure skating... Slutskayafan has a point about the Russian / American passport. How often do we see skaters from non-dominating countries win championships? Since Oskana and last year with Stephan, I can't think of any... Skating is political & the federations with clout, power & money tend to get their skaters on the podium. If this is training ability related or politics, I can't say but I don't think its a coincindence...

In keeping,however, with the theme of hating Stephane, outside of beating my future second husband, Brian, I do hate that this man refuses to use chapstick on his ashy lips... Not worth a grade of execution mark (like pimples...) but something he should address in the off-season... ;)

Numbers Cruncher

Rinkside
Funny suit

Ok, he's good...but can someone please tell me the signficance of the costume? It's the four seasons, right? So the sleeves are the sparkly winter and there are snowflakes. I'm thinking the red zebra on the back refers to summer and a very bad sunburn, where is spring and fall?

NC

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I really like Stephane, and am very happy that he successfully defended his world title! :agree: I don't have a problem with his "zebra" costume either. :rofl:

Big congrats to Brian & Evan too! :party: :clap:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
One person who really does not like him is Kurt Browning. Listen to the commentary he does on Stephane.

Very true... I giggled when Kurt made the comment that Stephane was standing next to the world champ... meaning my love... Brian... Not exactly the "nicest" thing to say...

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Kwanford Wife said:
Very true... I giggled when Kurt made the comment that Stephane was standing next to the world champ... meaning my love... Brian... Not exactly the "nicest" thing to say...

Did he really say that, what context did he mean that in?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yes Kurt's such a jerk for saying "good for Stephane." man, he should have just come out and said the guy sucked :rolleyes:

you know for someone so hated, they sure take a lot to prove otherwise

then again we all know the real way to prove hatred is by scoring the guy high enough to win a world title.. and then a second one... and a silver at the Olys... :rolleyes:

Numbers Cruncher said:
Ok, he's good...but can someone please tell me the signficance of the costume? It's the four seasons, right? So the sleeves are the sparkly winter and there are snowflakes. I'm thinking the red zebra on the back refers to summer and a very bad sunburn, where is spring and fall.
Did the music actually have selections from Spring and Fall? I thought it was like an animal that turns white in the winter, then brown in the summer (but that's an ermine). So my next idea was, when the summer came they killed the zebra and tanned the hide.

http://info.rsr.ch/xobix_media/images/tsr/2006/swisstxt20060216_6477314_1.jpg

BTW, why was the front of Joubert's James Bond costume white? That looked pretty strange, too, IMHO.

MM :)