For the Camille Fans | Golden Skate

For the Camille Fans

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
As a parodist, my favorite dreams are the ones that turn musical when I least expect it, but I should warn you - unless you want dreams like this, never fall asleep after reviewing the Olympic men's competition while enjoying a pesto pizza dinner, a chocolate dessert, and maybe just one glass too many of Pinot Noir. :biggrin:
The tune is Kenny Rogers' "Lucille":

In a bar in Torino, away from the people
On a barstool he stared at his glove
In his costume with sequins, I thought I was peeking
At some sparkly, strange bird from above
He saw me and muttered, that he was "no nutter,
And I know that I look out of place.
I'm just an escaper, don't want the newspapers
To see me with all of this egg on my face."

So I looked closely at him, and that's when I knew him
The champ from the U-S-of-A
Who started so strong, and then bombed in the long
I didn't quite know what to say
His shoulders were sagging, his feathers were drooping
For a minute, I thought he would cry
But then he got pissed, and he shook his small fist, then
He turned to his glove, and he sighed,

(chorus):
"You picked a fine time to leave me, Camille
In less than five minutes, I could make my dream real
I was ahead, and that silver medal
Was something this skater could feel
You picked a fine time to leave me, Camille."

I patted his shoulder, and ordered more whiskey
I watched him berating his hand
He said, "I lost my aura, and I couldn't remember
Just how many jumps I could land.
I tried to fake it, but I couldn't make it,
I knew then I'd run out of luck.
My grace was gone, and instead of a swan
I suddenly felt more like a duck."
(chorus again, at least once)

Happy Monday, everybody!
xoxo
Rave

Outstanding, especially all of those internal rhymes. (Not to mention those subtle sound echos, like "aura," "remember.") 6.0.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Rave, that is the greatest and the best. :clap: :clap: :clap: :rofl: :rofl: :laugh: :laugh: As one of Camille's fans, I think you did Camille justice. I can't wait to hear what Piel and Mille have to say.

Dee

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Dee4707 said:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Rave, that is the greatest and the best. :clap: :clap: :clap: :rofl: :rofl: :laugh: :laugh: As one of Camille's fans, I think you did Camille justice. I can't wait to hear what Piel and Mille have to say.

Dee

Me, either! I posted it here before I posted it to Am I Right because I knew you three would appreciate it more. :)

xoxo
Rave

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Mathman said:
Outstanding, especially all of those internal rhymes. (Not to mention those subtle sound echos, like "aura," "remember.") 6.0.

(*gasp*) I got a 6.0? Do we have a jumping up and down smiley yet?
Thanks, MM!
xoxo
Rave

millie

Medalist
:chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus: Ravyn Rant, that deserves an Oscar. Poor darling Camille. You should get together with Johnny and between the two of you, this could be a big production on ice. This could be one of his exhibition pieces. I think that it would work.:laugh:

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
GOE of + 3 and I am sure this element has a high base value! I had been wondering if Johnny could only blame Camille for a poor skate in the short program of if the poor Swan would be at fault even in the long. Can Camille still be to blame when he gets a new short program?

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Theatregirl1122 said:
Can Camille still be to blame when he gets a new short program?
Of course!! :laugh: :laugh: Camille is here to stay. Some of us have very fond affection for Camille.

Dee

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
Of course!! :laugh: :laugh: Camille is here to stay. Some of us have very fond affection for Camille.

Dee

Count me as one of those people. I would be sad to see Camille go. Perhaps Camille will sit in the K&C even when she is not performing with Johnny.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Red Dog said:
OK, I'm so out of it. WHO/WHAT IS CAMILLE?!

Wouldn't be relevant to you RD. Johnny Weir named the orange glove on his short program costume Camille, because it represented the swan that he was portraying. '

R.D.

Record Breaker
oh, I think it's relevant now. Especially with people talking about this thing all over the place and me not knowing what the HECK it is...:yes:

btw- thanks for the explanation. Guess it turned out to be a huge joke...not surprised.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Red Dog said:
oh, I think it's relevant now. Especially with people talking about this thing all over the place and me not knowing what the HECK it is...:yes:

btw- thanks for the explanation. Guess it turned out to be a huge joke...not surprised.
Red Dog, where have you been? Camille even had her own thread in Le Cafe as to her whereabouts before she arrived in Torino.

Where In The World is Camille

Bode Miller had her for a while. :laugh: :laugh: Can you blame her for Bode too, of course. Red Dog, get with it!! :laugh: :laugh:

Dee