Free Dance | Golden Skate

Free Dance

Saundy

On the Ice
Why must CBC do a mushy fluff piece on Dubreil and Lauzon and make me cry?! they're such a CUTE couple. Awwww.

Now I'm a basket case! :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I am really enjoying the coverage of worlds... I think they're doing a great job... gotta love the random Kurt and Paul stuff lol

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I love the LTU team's take on Phantom of the Opera. I'm glad they came back for this year. I missed her beauty and she makes a lovely Christine..

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
D&V were just wonderful!! I love them. Yay they are in first place for right now. :clap: :clap:

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For some reason Tanith doesn't look very happy.

Dee

Jasper

Final Flight
Tanith and Ben made mistakes and got bogged down with that last footwork sequence. Slower than usual.

Please don't beat Lithuanians. :(

Jasper

Final Flight
Nope, French and Lithuanians left off the podium again.

I think the Canadians can win this with a clean FD.

Jasper

Final Flight
Saundy said:
Why must CBC do a mushy fluff piece on Dubreil and Lauzon and make me cry?! they're such a CUTE couple. Awwww.

Now I'm a basket case! :laugh:

And the best looking. :hearts:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG, I finally know what it's like to be taken in by skating. Marie France & Patrice were just totally awesome. My goose bumps have goose bumps. They're in 2nd. :cry: :cry:

Dee

Jasper

Final Flight
Awwwww, not a World title for the Canadians but silver is just as sweet in this circumstance.

Congrats to Denkova/Staviski! Overshadowed by the much less original and inspiring Navka/Kostomarov for years, but now on top. So happy for them.

Lithuanians had the 2nd best FD of the night after the Canadians... silver mini-medal? :p

Jasper

Final Flight
People said the Olympics was the best ice dance competition ever. But with all those mistakes and falls in Turino, this competition beats it in terms of quality IMO.

coolio

Rinkside
Dee4707 said:
OMG, I finally know what it's like to be taken in by skating. Marie France & Patrice were just totally awesome. My goose bumps have goose bumps. They're in 2nd. :cry: :cry:

Dee
:banging::banging::banging::banging:
Marie Franc and Patrice were less than one point away from GOLD.
That was our last hope for gold, It should've been ours...:banging:

Last edited:

Jasper

Final Flight
hrmsk8ngnutt said:
Live on ESPN - and they're showing the Kerrs!!! Hallelujah!!!!

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

The Kerrs put on a great show. I loved the spirit an choreography of their FD.

Best ice dance Worlds I've ever seen. Different teams won different phases of the event so any team in at least the top 6 or 7 after the OD could have won. It's like a whole new sport!

Final Podium Result:
1 Albena DENKOVA / Maxim STAVISKI
2 Marie-France DUBREUIL / Patrice LAUZON
3 Tanith BELBIN / Benjamin AGOSTO

Just heard (and saw online) that Dubreil/Lauzon won the Free Dance, Drobiazko/Vanagas were 2nd, and Denkova/Staviski were third. I really loved quite a few of the FDs. Go ice dancers!

Rgirl

Jasper

Final Flight
I agree. Ice dance was just incredible here. It's exciting news for the sport, but unfortunately many of these beautiful teams are leaving after this season.

Susie Wynne said that the rules will be changed before next season and it has something to do with the footwork sequences. As she pointed out, they often take WAY too much time to do and thus destroy the flow of the performances. Look at G/G especially at the Olympics, my god.

It was so close to D&S, we thought with the standing ovation that Dubreuil and Lauzon had won. I think it was less than .5 points.

The Kerrs were another standing ovation. What a fabulous scottish routine. It's sad that they are not apprecizted by the judges.

B&A not their best. I think he was still hurting

D&V quite lovely. The rest was the usual pazzion if you like that sort of thing.

Joe