2024 Channel One Cup | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2024 Channel One Cup

Selivanovp

Rinkside
Honestly what way to end the season for Daniil! beat the 2 unbeatable juniors. this is his 1st full season since 18-19 btw. I did not see this type of comeback for him happening after so many failed once, so happy for him!
Yeah, but some people still pretend, that TeamTut can't coach men.

katymay

Medalist
The good thing is, nobody forces you to watch it.
Most people in the audience are leaving the arena for food/loo/autographs/stretching their legs/catching up with their mates. Beautiful atmosphere. When you're there it i's not as cringe as on telly, it's just part of the fun.
I'm jealous. Looks like a full house and lots of fun. All you are missing is the Tshirt cannon. lol

katymay

Medalist
Basylyuk is in top shape. Insane jumping content. 🤩
She is an insane athlete. Hopefully team Eteri will put more effort into her program next year-she deserves better than tired music and choreo. Especially when you remember the unusual and interesting music and choreo Kamila Anya Sasha and Aliona got back in the day.

KhinSuShein

Rinkside
Lev Lazarev forgot 2 gests of choreography in the beginning just before 4T, he and ARseny Fedotov have just 0.3 difference.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
What an injustice to humanity how Adeliia's last skate of this program doesnt even get her first against a junior.

If only she would skate this program for another season. This program (& dress) deserves a record and its entirely possible... I cant even.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Just as I said yesterday, superhumans!
They put elegant costumes on them, play overwhelming music which overshadows their athleticism to some degree.

backflips are not a sign of being superhuman, though ;)

icewhite

Record Breaker
No Russian skater is screwed more by what's going on than Adeliia Petrosyan.
Kamila is the poster girl, the old garde lives off their reputation made in international competitions, Adeliia's peaking right now and is an amazing skater who would be age eligible for senior worlds and likely become world champion - and her coaches' methods and training is likely not meant to pace her slowly or give her a shot when she's in her 20s so if Russia gets unbanned in the future or if she should be able to switch after a quarantine that has a good chance to be too late. And for domestic tv she has to compete against a 12 year old who is able to overshine her in TES. The younger skaters can pace themselves more if they want to or try to switch countries or give up skating and do something else. Semenenko would never be world champion or GPF winner even if he was allowed to take part. M/G at least got their moments already. But Adeliia? Everything worked out for her and then it didn't.

Jelle307

Rinkside
Kamila is the poster girl, the old garde lives off their reputation made in international competitions, Adeliia's peaking right now and is an amazing skater who would be age eligible for senior worlds and likely become world champion - and her coaches' methods and training is likely not meant to pace her slowly or give her a shot when she's in her 20s so if Russia gets unbanned in the future or if she should be able to switch after a quarantine that has a good chance to be too late. And for domestic tv she has to compete against a 12 year old who is able to overshine her in TES. The younger skaters can pace themselves more if they want to or try to switch countries or give up skating and do something else. Semenenko would never be world champion or GPF winner even if he was allowed to take part. M/G at least got their moments already. But Adeliia? Everything worked out for her and then it didn't.

Also so sad for Adeliia. Maybe she will never have the oportunity to shine internationally. Not even once. Still hope for her for Olys 26.

And STILL heartbroken for Dasha :( I hoped she would have some kind of redemption skate with less pressure than in Grand Prix Finals or Nationals.. but it was even worse. She could be on podium like every competition.. :/

Skating91

Medalist

Adelia is also lucky to be in an era where all her competition has been removed one reason or the other and has allowed her to have one of the most dominant seasons in history. It certainly takes the pressure off her.

I agree about it's absurd how they've changed the rules for this Channel 1 Cup and jump tournament allowing a 12 year old with all the jumps to outshine her.

The evidence has shown now you need to be a sub-40kg female to maintain quads, with low height being an added bonus. Adelia is very fortunate for a 16 year old (17 in June) with such physiology.

Kamila with her physiology as a 17 year old, greatest talent in history, unfortunate circumstances where she is taking the rap for everyone despite likely being as confused by it all as anyone -- unluckiest skater in history.

Some championships are worth more than others.

For instance Sakamoto with bronze at the Olympics -- worth a lot this medal. She was up against the best skaters of all time.

Canada bronze in the team event after trying to take it on vague interpretations and politicking -- worth little.

Sakamoto can look at her bronze proudly knowing she earned it. The other people would probably stick it in a box and feel slightly embarrassed I would imagine.

Skating91

Medalist
Also so sad for Adeliia. Maybe she will never have the oportunity to shine internationally. Not even once. Still hope for her for Olys 26.

And STILL heartbroken for Dasha :( I hoped she would have some kind of redemption skate with less pressure than in Grand Prix Finals or Nationals.. but it was even worse. She could be on podium like every competition.. :/
This is expecting too much of Sadkova the 4T had no stability last season in juniors.

Skating91

Medalist
What an injustice to humanity how Adeliia's last skate of this program doesnt even get her first against a junior.

If only she would skate this program for another season. This program (& dress) deserves a record and its entirely possible... I cant even.
I thought they low balled Margarita quite a lot relative to Adelia given Adelia's skating is quite junior-ish still, and it was a far from clean program from Adelia.

No way should she have to compete against a 12 year old though.

Skating91

Medalist
Just as I said yesterday, superhumans!
They put elegant costumes on them, play overwhelming music which overshadows their athleticism to some degree.
It's really bad they were carrying on with alcohol while the junior skaters were there I think this is completely unacceptable.

Skating91

Medalist
She is an insane athlete. Hopefully team Eteri will put more effort into her program next year-she deserves better than tired music and choreo. Especially when you remember the unusual and interesting music and choreo Kamila Anya Sasha and Aliona got back in the day.
Kamila at the same age had Girl on the Ball. It is one of the most iconic program's in history, but could Bazyluk perform that same program with the precision and plasticity of Kamila. Of course not.