View Poll Results: KIMMIE or SASHA?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kimmie

    68 45.64%
  • Sasha

    81 54.36%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 68

Thread: KIMMIE or SASHA?

  1. #46
    Skating Freak Barbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,489
    titles aren't every thing. My favorite skater of the moment has not won anything significant since Junior Worlds. Still my favorite skater, and probably will remain, because of what other things are important to me.

    Sasha, I have never liked her skating. I've never gotten any feelings or emotions while watching her skate, and all her programs seemed to me to be a bunch of "ta da" moments thrown together, rather than anything emotional, artistic and complete. Kimmie is still a child and very much a junior-looking skater, although she definitely earned her World Championship win. We'll see how she progresses. I voted for Kimmie just because I personally dislike Sasha.

  2. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,177
    I voted for Kimmie. Substance over style.

  3. #48
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    IMO, too soon to tell. There is a five year age difference. I think it would be more fair to wait until Kimmie is closer to Cohen's age before they can be compared. Then we can compare them at the same age. JMO
    ??????

    Why can't we compare at Sasha's age of 16 instead of waiting another 5 years, some of us may be dead by then.

    Dee

  4. #49
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,549
    I guess you could do that too. Whatever, I guess.

  5. #50
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    so is the new rivalry that of Sasha and Kimmie now that Michelle's sun seems to be setting?
    Nah... its just the instructions from the original poster not to bring up Michelle, Irinia, Emily, etc...

    If we're going to have a true US rivalry developing, I think its gonna be Kimmie/Emily/Katy for the future... And of course that infamous 13 year old none of us are aware of yet...

  6. #51
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee
    Why can't we compare at Sasha's age of 16 instead of waiting another 5 years, some of us may be dead by then.
    We can't do that exactly because when Sasha was 16 (the 2000-2001 season) she had a back injury and did not compete. At 15 she got second at U.S. nationals and 6th in Junior Worlds.

    At 17 Sasha was 4th at the Olympics and 4th at Worlds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    And of course that infamous 13 year old none of us are aware of yet...
    = Caroline Zhang (she'll be 13 on Saturday).

    MM

  7. #52
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    Nah... its just the instructions from the original poster not to bring up Michelle, Irinia, Emily, etc...

    If we're going to have a true US rivalry developing, I think its gonna be Kimmie/Emily/Katy for the future... And of course that infamous 13 year old none of us are aware of yet...
    CAROLINE ZHANG
    If you are not going to Spokane next January, I suggest you get thee to a TV showing Juniors!!

    Joe

  8. #53
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey
    titles aren't every thing. My favorite skater of the moment has not won anything significant since Junior Worlds. Still my favorite skater, and probably will remain, because of what other things are important to me.
    Let me guess- Yukina Ota?

  9. #54
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    Mmm, Yukina Ota. She is beautiful! What is up with her?

  10. #55
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    CAROLINE ZHANG
    If you are not going to Spokane next January, I suggest you get thee to a TV showing Juniors!!

    Joe
    Is there any place to see her on video? She's not on Youtube.

  11. #56
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,320
    I haven't been able to find any videos, but we almost didn't get to see her at Nationals last year at all. In the Pacific Coast Regionals, a miscall by the tech specialist on a combination spin cost her 4.3 points, leaving her in 7th after the SP.

    This was corrected on review and she moved up to 3rd. She also got 3rd in the LP, third overall, and off she went to nationals (where she finished 8th in juniors).

    MM

  12. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01
    Let me guess- Yukina Ota?
    Do you think she will return to competitive skating? I always believed she would at some point.

  13. #58
    representing Italy eleonora.d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Eu,Italy,Udine
    Posts
    293
    OMG how can you put Meissner versus Cohen.
    My vote's obviously for Sasha.

  14. #59
    riverflows
    Guest
    Wow... I guess I'll just throw my 2 cents in:

    I voted for Sasha because I'm assuming that this thread is about on-ice performance over off-ice behavior. I don't know about her as a person, but I could watch Sasha Cohen skate, even with all the falls, because it's aesthetically pleasing.

    Kimmie, on the other hand, does nothing for me. I like her attitude and I think she sets a better 'face' for the USFSA, but I don't like watching her skate. As our favorite commentators reiterate over and over again, she's a technical skater, but I personally don't like to watch technical skaters.

  15. #60
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Quote Originally Posted by riverflows
    Wow... As our favorite commentators reiterate over and over again, she's a technical skater, but I personally don't like to watch technical skaters.
    Would that include Irina whom some find boring except for the technical?

    In Sasha's case some find her performance stunning but not the technical aspect.

    Joe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •