Aranjuez won PSA lp award | Golden Skate

Aranjuez won PSA lp award

J

Joesitz

Re: Aranjuez won PSA lp award

That falling leaf split is absolutely a perfect ballet grand jete and not the 'russian' split. Super photo. Should be worth money in years to come.

And that first pic is a beautiful attitude position in ballet.

Joe

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:green;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">What a beautiful article! Great photos, too. The one of little Michelle is so cute!</span>

R

rgirl181

Yes, great photos and a great grande jeté in the split falling leaf. I see from the first photo, the winning one of Michelle in the back attitude position, that she has internal tibial torsion, meaning her tibia (shin bone) is skeletally slightly turned in, meaning that it's just the way she's built. I only bring it up because I wonder if it helps with her edges. One's weight tends to go toward the outside of the foot if you have a tibia like this. This kind of leg is bad for ballet, but perhaps it's an asset in figure skating? Of course I'm sure the main thing is to have everything else Michelle has.

Also, ironic that one of the other top ten photos is one of Nicole Bobek that is mostly in shadow. Good for Nicole, but I find it kind of a sad metaphor.
Rgirl, who almost wrote a whole post without mentioning Michelle's shoulders;) Bad Rgirl.

J

Joesitz

rGirl - You know your anatomy. I'm impressed. Never thought of looking at shins but what you say is interesting.
MK does not have a ballet body, I agree. The only figure skater I thought about having the ballet body is Alexei Urmanov. What a dancer he would have made!

Joe