World Champions in singles this year? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

World Champions in singles this year?

Singles World Champions for 2007?

• Total voters

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
In the last poll I said it would be Joubert and Asada.

I still think Joubert will win but, after seeing this alarming "K" rule, I'm going to have to switch to Yu-Na Kim for the Ladies. :laugh:

~Z

satorare

Match Penalty
Japanese skaters have very positive tradition on home ice

Mens - Takahashi
Joubert mostly needs 3 quads to win and falls once, maybe.

Ladies - Mao Asada
One mistake doesn't matter. Even if she fails two jumps, no one but clean Ando and Meissner challenge. Kim already ran out of her potential and luck.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I voted for Asada and Jourbert.

dutchherder said:
Do ya suppose sometimes Joubert gets scores just 'cause he's so handsome?
.............and shirtless, you forgot shirtless!!! :clap: :clap:

Dee

amber68

On the Ice
I am not a huge Lambiel fan but I do consider him a contender for gold. I don't think he would have decided to participate at the Worlds if he hadn't been in good shape. It's true that he skated at Art on Ice but all of the shows were in Switzerland and he did not have to waste energy with travelling.
The fight for gold will be between Lambiel, Joubert and Takahashi. A month ago I would have said that Joubert has the best chances (he really has improved a lot this year and I am not referring to the 3 quads) but now due to his inquiry he might have lost precious training time. As for Takahashi, I love him, I hope he wins but I still am not convinced that he has become consistant.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
He may not have wasted alot of energy traveling but how on earth could he have gotten in the sufficient training to contend for gold at Worlds while doing these shows? He scored 74 and 133 scores at the SWISS Nationals, his 64 short program skate at SC was a nightmare, and his 146 free skate was still a mess. He would have had to put in enormous training to get in the condition and sharpness to contend for gold at worlds.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
This poll should be locked. How funny to see the votes jumping up fast for Joubert and other(Ando obviously now) all of the sudden. Worlds is done now, could a mod lock this poll?