Location For 2007 Skate America? | Golden Skate

Location For 2007 Skate America?

Roman

Rinkside
Is the location for 2007 SA already known?
I should be in the US in the end of October - beginning of November and may consider going if it's not too far away from New York.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to the list, bids are still open for 2009 US Figure Skating, and the announcement has been made that Nationals 2009 will be in Cleveland.

Roman

Rinkside
At least we are all pretty sure that 2007 Skate America WILL take place some time, somewhere :biggrin:
When USFSA was normally announcing locations for Skate America in the recent years?

I think they are getting later and later with these announcements because it is becoming harder to line up sponsorship in advance.

Although there will definitely be a Skate America and a Skate Canada next year, it is not completely certain that there will be a "Smart Ones Skate America" or a "Mastercard Skate Canada" or a "State Farm Insurance U.S. Championship."

Jhar55

Medalist
gsrossano, your only kidding about Reading right?
didn't hear many good reviews from the fans about the arena

Linny

Final Flight
20 Minutes

20 MINUTES from my home! When do tickets go on sale?

Who said there were bad reviews of the fans in the area? I was there and we were GREAT!

Linny
PS If you're planning on coming and want recommendations for other things to do and see, please feel freel to send me a private message.

Jhar55

Medalist
Some complianed about the arena security that's all.
So if you fly into Philly how long is the bus/ taxi ride to Reading.
Thinking about going there instead of Nationals.

Linny

Final Flight
Airport to Reading

Philadelphia Airport to Reading: 70 miles, hour and a half drive. There is no bus service. To use mass transport, you'd take a train from the airport to center city Philly, then a bus to Norristown, change to another bus to Pottstown, take a taxi up to Reifton (about 20 miles), then catch a bus to Reading. You're better off renting a car.

If you're renting a car, anyway, you might investigate air fares to Trenton NJ or Lehigh Valley PA airport and drive from there. It might save you money.

Linny

Roman

Rinkside
gsrossano, Linny: Thank you for useful information!
Do you know if I can get from NY to Reading by bus or train?