Favorite/least favorite moments? | Golden Skate

Favorite/least favorite moments?

swizzletwizzle

On the Ice
My favorites were:

Shen & Zhao's proposal at the end of their LP :love:
Davis & White in the K & C after their FD-they were just so excited!
Virtue & Moir in the K & C after their OD-he was going nuts!
When John Baldwin extended his hand for the audience to clap for Rena at the end of their LP

Least favorite moments:

When the Siudeks withdrew :no:

What are your favorite moments/least favorite moments from Worlds?

_Ladybug_

On the Ice
Best

Brian winning (I've been dreaming of this since 2002!)
Miki winning (I cried with her. It was a precious moment!)
Mao crying after her LP (she's so precious!)
Yu-Na Kim SP (The best worlds SP I've ever seen)
Shen and Zhao hugging at the end of their LP (What a surprise!)

Worst

The Siudeks (broke my heart)
Delobel and Schoenfelder (no medal again...)
Buttle falling (again...)

rochettefan

Rinkside
Best

Miki winning (I cried with her. It was a precious moment!)
Mao crying after her LP (she's so precious!)

Agree there. Loved both of their emotional reactions after doing so well. Also really enjoyed Lambiel's freeskate the best of the mens and hope he uses it again next year since it got so little exposure. Loved Virtue/Moir free dance. First time I watched it or really paid much attention to Dance and found it haunting and beautiful. Of course was really happy for Joannie salvaging some dignity in her free skate.

Worst moment as a Canadian was watching Emanuel Sandhu. It is really becoming quite painful at this point and rather sad to see him continue so far off his game. Also being somewhat embarrassed for Mira and her top-8 predications and expectations.

Melody

Rinkside
This might sound stupid, but, here goes...

absolute favourite moment - the beginning, as there was still so much hope for everyone

absolute least favourite moment - the end of the gala - another season done and gone and another aprox 7 long months until the start of a new one.

Many wonderful moments in between, though.
Men's SP- Chis and Jeff rocked!
Pairs SP - Val and Craig -very proud of them
Men's LP - Tomas Verner - wow!
Ladies LP - Joannie Rochette - brave skate that did the job she needed to do
Dance - Virtue and Moir and Weaver and Poje - wonderful poise for first time at Worlds
Pairs LP - Langlois and Hay - beautiful program!

not so wonderful -
Mira, Mira, Mira - what can I say?
Eman - awwww
Pairs LP - Siudeks withdrawing

probably more, but I can't think of any others off the top of my head

flying camel

Medalist
My favoite moment was the ladies SP. It was so exciting to see how these ladies have raised the bar. My least favorite moment was the pairs. I'm sorry, they are all pretty boring to me. I do like that canadian pair, but I don't care for any of the others.

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
My favorite moments were -

Jessica Dube's gutsy performances.

Alissa Czisny's LP - see below.

Yu-Na's SP and Mao's LP

Yu-Na's LP - for the first 2 minutes or so.

Miki's reaction to winning - not so much her actual skating.

My least favorite moments -

Alissa's SP - How sad! Folks, this may turn out to be the last we'll see of Alissa in a competitive event. I hope not.

Carolina's LP - She seems most vulnerable when she is close to the top.

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
To follow up on my remarks above - I got pretty heated at the cruel reaction to the Zhangs' exhibition number at the Turino Olympics. Whether it made you laugh or had you scratching your head, it was entertaining, IMO. I remember thinking, "Hey, get a life, you jerks! Don't EVER treat skaters that way!"

Mechols

Spectator
Favorite/least favorite

Best moment - Shen and Zhao - long program...not their best skate but absolutely beautiful.....they make me cry.....I thought back to Worlds 2003....(but that's another story)

Also love the Canadian dance team - Marie and Patrice - what a love story......

Worst - Evan Lysacek - He's a great skater, hard worker - and want more than anything to see him succeed.....he will though - he's just getting started....is it true he and Tanith are dating???

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
Hey fellas, I apologize - I meant for my post No. 7 here to go to the "Gala thoughts" thread - Sorry!

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
My favorite? Miki Ando's reaction to winning the title. Both of her programs, as well as her gala program, were also highlights for me. DenStas defending their title, S&Z skating beautifully for another title, three US dance teams in the top 10, all very good memories.

The bad? V&M so high in dance. I still do not get them or all their hype, not at all. I think their FD is one of the most BORING FDs of the season at least, if not of all time. And G&P being marked so low, they were better than 10th IMHO. That was sad. I'd have had them ahead of D&W and V&M.

Melody

Rinkside
The bad? V&M so high in dance. I still do not get them or all their hype, not at all. I think their FD is one of the most BORING FDs of the season at least, if not of all time. And G&P being marked so low, they were better than 10th IMHO. That was sad. I'd have had them ahead of D&W and V&M.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I definitely disagree about V & M. Personally, G & P haven't ever really done much for me, but I do think D & W show a lot of talent as well, for such a young team. But that is JMHO.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
You are entitled to your opinion, but I definitely disagree about V & M. Personally, G & P haven't ever really done much for me, but I do think D & W show a lot of talent as well, for such a young team. But that is JMHO.

I wont argue that D&W show a lot of talent, I just don't think they're there yet. I think they were placed too high, as were V&M. IMHO of course, but I stand by my opinion. Both teams are lucky to have Igor there to work the judges for them, with any other coach I doubt either of them would have cracked the top 10.

indiaskye1

Rinkside
I found my worst moment of this year's Worlds when I was watching the exhibition on Eurosport ... Mao Asada's music during her exhibition program was definetely it!!!
That was THE most terrible version of "Habanera" that I have EVER heard!!!!!!!!!!!!! The costume was pretty bad, too ... such a shame cause I really like her as a skater. But that program was just awful --- even if the music hadn't been so messed up ... she just doesn't have the maturity for "Carmen" yet.

Vanessa

Aw, I didn't think it was THAT bad. Mao as Carmen is so silly that it's cute, IMO. And no matter how un-Carmenlike she is, her skating is still has that incredible lightness and fluidity.

One thing I liked was how that program let you make a direct comparison to Yu Na, whose SP was "like" Carmen - ie she was playing a mature vamp.

Clearly Yu Na is light years above Mao in dramatic ability! But I prefer Mao because she's more real.

Yu Na had me gasping. Mao makes me smile. They're both astounding.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
My favorites...

Because its all about me...
Being right in my predictions! Yay to me & Spun Silver...
Enjoying a worlds without a lot of personal drama.
Watching the next generation make a stand in the short program.

The Skaters...
Miki & Brian winning... we talk about "upping the ante" and "raising the bar" but when two technically superior skaters win, we only complain... sucha shame...

S&Z winning again... this team is soo superior to any other team... its just too bad that this wasn't an olympic season...

B & A earning the US's only medal...

Disappointments...

The french team not making the podium... I simply love love love this team's free dance and modern take on ice dance. I hope they stick around for another season.

Emily not faring better overall. I hope she sticks around and competes again

Watching the next generation of skaters, with the exception of Mao, bite it in the long program....

The lack of love for Miki & Brian... sucha waste... they both deserved their gold and should be applauded for it vs. being slighted for two skaters who splatted in the short program.

The US men... so over both of them.

The US ladies... wowww talk about not living up to expectations... I've never been a fan of Alyssia but my God... what the heck was that all about?!?

If I see Stephane Lambiel skate to the Four Seasons or wear that costume one more damn time... I might snap!!! Grrrr... (and Evan is pushing it with Carmen...)

Peter C. He's simply a jerk. (teehee...)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Evan said that his World's LP was teh last time he would skate to 'this Carmen' (I loved how he left the door open to use the music again lol) so you don't have to worry KW! ;)

Best
- Ryan not completely bombing and making a pretty decent placement
- Brooke and Ben having a strong showing as well...

Worst
- none of my favorites made improvements, and some went backwards
- Johnny not taking control and sticking it to everyone... he had the chance...

ok so obviously this wasn't my favorite worlds lol

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
My favorite:

- Aliona Savchenko saving the free skate
- Ryan BRADLEY's 15th place, proving his Nats silver was a huge joke
- Watching Yuko Kawaguchi being so fanatic & fantastic
- Daisuke Takahashi's silver
- Listening to comments on Dutch Eurosport about Evan ('He's been skating to Carmen for only... eeehhh.... 5 years?'), and Emily's Carmen SP ('Her presentation looks SO cheap!')

Disappointments:

- Skaters I like not medaling

Big Deal

Final Flight
Fav. moments:
- changing the quality of ladies' figure skating (Yuna Kim, Ando, Asada,)
- another possible "Torvil-Dean" quality ice dancing : Virtue-Moir (I've seen them first time now) , except that, Torvill-Dean was not THAT good at their age.
- the BEST ONE's was winning in all disciplines.
- Shen/Zhao
-Lambiel free program (together with the mistakes). It should be the best ever man's program ,if it were flawless.
-was not biased gold to Debruil/Lauzon or Domnina-Shabalin.

Worse:
-Weir, Buttle, Sandhu, Kostner
- Siudek's painful good-bye.

gio

Medalist
FAV
-Yu Na Kim SP
-Miki face when she saw she has won and her two clean programs
-Mao excitement finishing her LP
-Yu Na, Mao, Miki and Yukari cute Japanese/Korean faces ;)
-Shen and Zhao SP and LP and the marriage proposal
-Takahashi gala exhibition
-Valentina Marchei clean SP and LP and the fall in her SP at the end of the program and her saying in the K&C that it was on rhythm. :rofl:
-Seeing Jessica Dube skating again after that incident

WORST
-Siudeks and Petrova/Tikhonov injuries and consequent retirements
-Tugba Karademir not qualifying for the LP