Skate America | Golden Skate

Skate America

flying camel

Medalist
Yes, Yes I am already looking forward to it. Why aren't there summer competitions for the die hards? So, I will have to wait for SA.

Are there any special rules as to who can get invited?
Who do you think will get invited? Kimmie, Emily Alissa?
Or will USFSA surprise us and invite Caroline, Mirai & Ashley?

What about Kimmie, Flatt, Bebe?

I just wonder if they will go with the old or try something new.:unsure:

Last edited:

pista04

On the Ice
What I Know

From what I've read, they invite 3 out of the top 8 (?) at US Senior nationals the year before. That's because those are the US competitors who will be in the ISU Grand Prix, which Skate America is the first event for.

I'm excited to see the newer girls of the top 8, like Cannarozzo (spelling?)

nymkfan51

Medalist
I think Kimmie is a given ... Emily, too, if she competes next season.
And I'm betting that if Caroline competes as a senior, they will invite her to SA.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm kinda glad for the break... means I can go and play in summer time without worrying about what I'm missing skating wise ;)

I think Kimmie is a given ... Emily, too, if she competes next season.
And I'm betting that if Caroline competes as a senior, they will invite her to SA.
The GPs are Federation run!!. The Americans will have at least one top skater who will bring in customers, plus two others to satisfy the crowd.

The most important thing is who will want to come to Reading from other countries? The Americans (all divisions) have shown how vulnerable they are. It would seem an easy win for Mao or YuNa. Kimmie needs a win. Although she did well last GPs, getting medals was not enough to get her into the Finals.

Lambiel, Daisuke, Joubert in Skate America? Where does that leave Evan and Weir?

Denk/Stav, D/L, does not give Bel/Ag a gold. But maybe Davis and White could get a bronze, but not enough for the Finals.

Not much going on in Pairs for the americans. Can McLaughline/Brubaker pull it off?

I think a foreign skater(s) can think that he/they can get a gold medal at SA which will put them into contention for the Finals. Just my thoughts as of now.

Joe

nymkfan51

Medalist
Joe ... this is why I think the usfsa will want Caroline there ... definitely a crowd pleaser!!!

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Why aren't there summer competitions for the die hards?
Oh, but there are! The skaters just aren't the really big names, but normally many U.S. Nationals skaters/teams are monitored for international assignments in certain major club competitions every summer. I can start a new thread later on this topic.

Are there any special rules as to who can get invited?
Yes. Theatregirl1122 has compiled an unofficial list of all the skaters/teams who would be guaranteed GP events under LAST year's rules at FSU (the ISU has not yet published this year's GP selection rules) -- see:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49319&page=2