Pondering Choreography | Golden Skate

Pondering Choreography

flying camel

Medalist
Okay, we all heard about Kimmie working with Lori again. Is anyone surprised by that? I was just hoping she would try something new, especially for her short.

I also heard that Fumie is working with Zhulin. I can't say I care much for him, what do you all think? Has anyone heard anything about who other skaters are working with? Lets discuss! ;)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I was a littel surprised that Kimmie chose Lori again, but we can't jump to concultions. Lori didn't nessicarily pick that flamenco music that kimmie found difficult to get into. Maybe Pam Gregory picked it.. or kimmie herself. Perhaps Kimmie and Lori got along well and enjoyed working with eachother. I do have hope for next season... but i feel that kimmie is not really going to want to challange herslef articticly and pick music that sort of "plays in the backround" while kimmie lands two triple triples.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
??? I thought Kim did quite well with Lori Nichols programs. In fact, Lori Nichol is in demand with most of the skaters. In fact Lori has created some beautiful programs for many of the top ranked skaters.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
On topic in my mind, who would be responsible for placing a jump 10 seconds after the halfway point in the LP? Choreographer?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's a combo of the choreographer skater and coach... a choreographer does the basic program, but from what I've gathered reading/watching/hearing skater interviews skaters and coaches continue to tweak the programs until they fit the skater...

hence the reason Michelle's Bolero choregraphy looked nothing like what Chris Dean said he had envisioned, because it didn't work for her for whatever reason and she had it tweaked by several people...

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
/...sence the reason Michelle's Bolero choregraphy looked nothing like what Chris Dean said he had envisioned, because it didn't work for her for whatever reason and she had it tweaked by several people...
I took it as her own interpretation due to solo aspect. Different thought, 'spose it is impossible to think of Bolero without thinking a little of T and D. Of course you know me, I think Fumie now first - and was the reference of the pertaining question as well.

I gathered the same and wondered if any "one" was responsible more so for the 10% bonus foregone via timing of programme. I would think it is just so much speculation unless I could get an answer from Lori herself.

As for now I totally agree with "a conglomeration" idea Toni.:yes: