15. Ondrej Nepela Memorial 2007 | Golden Skate

15. Ondrej Nepela Memorial 2007

cotillion

Rinkside
It's nice to see Delobel & Schoenfelder competing here , they should be a good draw for the event.

Skating Queen

Rinkside
Country
Canada
Anyone have results for this one? I cannot get the links to work.:frown2: Is it just me? :confused:Or are others having trouble too?

oleada

Record Breaker
From the pics at icenetwork.com:

Nicholas LaRoche is in 1st, KVDP is in 2nd.
Julia Sebestyen is in 1st, Michelle Bulous in 2nd.
Delobel and Schoenfelder won the CD.

edit:

new photos were posted:
Karam & O'Keefe (CAN) are in 3rd after the CD; Grebenkina & Azrojan in 4th.
Brodeur & Mattatal are in first after the Pairs SP; Cosford & Shales are in second.

Last edited:

cotillion

Rinkside
For results you can go to USfigureskating, click on icenetwork.com Ondrej Nepela coverage , everything is there and up to date.:clap:

Lightspear

Rinkside
Joe,
I also am hoping that Boulos is able to shine and make people take note. Very graceful and her skating has matured over the last couple of years.

Not surprised at Nicholas LaRoche. He's always good in the SP but gets the heebie jeebies for the LP especially if he becomes the favorite. I would love to see LaRoche win. He has such great style, but Kevin is knocking at the door and does not want to lose this.

Lightspear. Boulos is in Second but too many points behind Sebestyen. I guess when Julia is on, she's on. Let's hope for an impressive LP by Boulos.

Just two Pairs and both Canadian. I have no idea who is the better of the two.

DeLobel and Schoenfeld just about 10 points over the Austrian. Probble will get much more after the OD and FD.

Joe

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Just two Pairs and both Canadian. I have no idea who is the better of the two.

I believe that Cosford and Shales are a new team, but I could be wrong. Brodeur and Mattatal were a new team last season, so they're heading into their second season. I believe that they would be the better team at this point, even though this partnership with Mattatal is Brodeur's first and only pairs experience. They had a great SP at the 2007 Canadian nationals, on home town ice for him.

feraina

Record Breaker
Hey, congrats to Julia Sebestyen! She skated quite well here. New personal best for SP and overall scores, and close to her PB for the LP.

She has amazingly high lutzes and flips, and good spins too. Only she tends to pop or double the "easier" jumps: salchows and loops. Maybe she's just a natural toe jumper, and not an edge jumper. Or is it that she has a problem with her stamina (she usually places her harder jumps at the start of the program)? If the former, then she should place her toe jumps in the second half for bonus points; if the latter, then there must be ways to train up her stamina?

Good luck to her in the new season! I really love her style, I hope she can put together two clean programs in her competitions!

Looks like my prediction of Nicholas LaRoche came true. Super SP (he is a skater's skater) but the LP will do him in all the time.

Hope Kevin wows them at Euros this year.

Good for Julia. She showed the same spirit when she won the Euros that year.
And Jenna McKorkle finally coming to life. Good for her.

Joe

Skating Queen

Rinkside
Country
Canada
Karam and O'Keefe are a new team this year. She skated the JGP previously with Josh McGrath. Keving O'Keefe also skated with another partner at the JGP at one time but for the USA. I believe he is an American. The other team has been together for awhile. Also skated the JGP. Karam and her previous partner won a couple of medals at the JGP. Can't remember the years just off hand. Lamoureux and Mee may have won a bronze medal at the JGP as well a couple of years ago. That is about all I can tell anyone about these 2 teams.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Karam/O'Keefe are a new team this season. I believe he is American. She competed for many years with Joshua McGrath, who quit after the end of last season to persue his education (I think). Karam/McGrath trained in Canton, but I think both were from Ontario. They won a Canadian Jr. title a few years back, and were ranked 6th in Sr's at the 07 nationals. Karam/O'Keefe competed for thje first time at a summer competition in Ontario in August. As for Lamoreux/Mee, they were the 06 Jr. dance silver medalists, and they went to the 06 Jr worlds. They competes sr at Canadian nationals last season, but I don't know where they placed.

finnishgirl

Spectator
dance teams

thank you skating queen,,,,,maybe someone saw them at the competition...what are they skating to.