2023 Ondrej Nepela Memorial: General Info | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Ondrej Nepela Memorial: General Info

sk8coachus

X Comp. Skater
On the Ice
Are you sure you are in the right thread? Mainstream and Channel One are for Russian local events, they will not broadcast or upload anything from the ISU Challenger Series.
There is no "free" stream for this event, neither for the US nor the rest of the world. You can either pay for the official stream linked in the OP or watch a pirated version on vk as mentioned above.
Pearly mentioned vk so yes, I am in the right thread. VK shows other events. There are people that post free links from time to time, I’ve found them on this thread.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
This is a nailbiting thriller...
Just saying, at the Challenger in Austria two years ago Semenenko still made it into the official starting order even though everyone knew he was at home with a fever. :shrug: They announced his withdrawal right at the competition when he was supposed to skate.

viennaskater

Medalist
Hopefully I won't jinx it now, as last year when we had to cancel the trip in the very last moment, but I'm leaving for Bratislava in a few hours, if I hear or see anything before the men's start I will let you know.
Did you get your tickets already? I just tried to book one for tomorrow and the site lists pick-up points in Slovakia which is not really helpful. I was rather hoping we could just print them off. Or maybe I could just buy them at Zimny Stadion?

Ivana

On the Ice
Did you get your tickets already? I just tried to book one for tomorrow and the site lists pick-up points in Slovakia which is not really helpful. I was rather hoping we could just print them off. Or maybe I could just buy them at Zimny Stadion?
Yes, I did and printed them at home. You have to have "E-mailom" selected and then you will get the ticket to your mailbox. As I heard there will be no ticket sale directly at the stadium, you have to buy them from internet.

viennaskater

Medalist
Yes, I did and printed them at home. You have to have "E-mailom" selected and then you will get the ticket to your mailbox. As I heard there will be no ticket sale directly at the stadium, you have to buy them from internet.
Thanks for your quick reply! I took another look and figured it out. All good!

GoldenBullet83

Rinkside
Country
Germany
The 2023 Ondrej Nepela Memorial is the fourth in a series of nine events of the 2023-24 Figure Skating Challenger Series. It is scheduled to take place in Bratislava, Slovakia, September 28-30, 2023. There were originally 10 events planned for this season, however, IceChallenge was cancelled.

The event will feature the Singles (Women and Men) and Ice Dance disciplines and will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Single & Pair Skating, the Technical Rules for Ice Dance 2023/24 (ISU Communication 2560), and relevant ISU Communications.

The event will count towards ISU World Standing Points, Minimum Total Technical Score, Challenger Series in Figure Skating Ranking and Prize Money.

The Challenger Series is an International Figure Skating Series, introduced during the 2014-15 season. Through ISU support, the objective is to ensure the proper and consistent organization and conduct of up to 10 International Competitions linked together within the Challenger Series. The Series gives adequate opportunities for many skaters to compete at the international senior level and earn World Standing Points. The Series also increases the opportunity for Officials to officiate at an international level.

To be considered for the Challenger Series, the competition must have at least three disciplines (Men, Women, Pair Skating, Ice Dance) from a minimum of 10 different ISU Members in all disciplines combined.
Hello everyone, I have found a livestream for the event. I'm so glad we can watch the action :)

https://solidsport.com/nepela-memorial

Day ticket 7.99 EUR, All Access 13.99 EUR