More Baby boys :) | Golden Skate

More Baby boys :)

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
Maxim Marinin became a father on Sept. 29th, not sure what the name for his new son is yet...

Elena Berezhnaya & Steven Cousins' baby boy was born last night.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Elena and Steven and also to Maxim and his wife on their blessed events.

I think Irina is due sometime in November.

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
Yes I believe so. It's his second marriage but he was only with Lenko for a very short time and as far as I know there were no kids (with her or anyone else)

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
Thanks for the name and everything :D

goldenpleasures, the article said they were joined in "civil marriage", I don't know what that means haha, but I asked around and everyone said it meant either they were legally married but without a ceremony or else it was lost in translation and it meant living common law. I assume of course it is only part time they are together right now but I know they had plans of living together full time after.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Teresa, I know that in Russian articles "civil" just means "common law".

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
thanks :) that is what I thought that civil marriage and common law are the same but that still implies living together... I'm guessing it's not all the time, probably not possible, but sometimes at any rate

So, it's really true that Elena was pregnant by Steven Cousins? I've seen so much posted about them but nothing ever seemed to be concrete evidence to confirm it. Whatever, congrat's to Elena.
And to Maxim...his son was born on my birhtday!

As for Irina...I can't remember if there were reports of her being pregnant at the time she did the Country On Ice show in Philly last year or not, and that was, if my feeble mind is working right, November. Hmmmm....maybe I'm confused, but it does seem like she's been expecting for an awful long time now.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Teresa, I know that in Russian articles "civil" just means "common law".

In the US, some states recognize "common law marriages" (i.e., live together long enough, and you are deemed to be married, for all purposes, such as inheritance and pension rights), whereas others do not. Hence, there is a big difference between merely living together and a common law marriage. Does Russia actually recognize common law marriages, or, is "civil marriage" merely used to describe what Americans would call living together.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Does Russia actually recognize common law marriages, or, is "civil marriage" merely used to describe what Americans would call living together.
It's the latter. It seems that in Russia with the fall of Soviet Union many social norms have fallen apart as well. Many people don't see the point of getting any official validation of their marriage since nothing seems "official" anymore anyway. So people just live together without anything being official. And, if the guy decides to leave, there is pretty much nothing that can be done for, say, child support... What's worse, no one seems to thing there is anything wrong with the picture either :disapp:

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
It's the latter. It seems that in Russia with the fall of Soviet Union many social norms have fallen apart as well. Many people don't see the point of getting any official validation of their marriage since nothing seems "official" anymore anyway. So people just live together without anything being official. And, if the guy decides to leave, there is pretty much nothing that can be done for, say, child support... What's worse, no one seems to thing there is anything wrong with the picture either :disapp:

That sounds weird to me, but in the system where I live, the guy can get nailed for child support whether there is a marriage or not. In Russia, is it a question of resources for their collection procedures, or, are the laws drafted to make men liable for child support only if there is a marriage?