browser related logging in problems | Golden Skate

browser related logging in problems

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Why - all of a sudden - I can't log in using my Opera browser? Had to use I.E. to post this mess. I HOPE the problem will be fixed soon.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A little more info (rather than attitude) would help. :)

No changes have been made as of late. Only vbulletin upgrades and patches.

-When was the last time you tried logging in before now?
-When was the last time you tried to post before now?
-What browser and version are you using?

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
A little more info (rather than attitude) would help. :)

Now I have trouble logging in, no matter what browser I use (IE or Opera). It started yesterday. I'm having this problem for the first time like since ever. Well, it's great no changes have been made, b/c this automatically means, it's me. But the thing is, I have no logging in problems with the other 200 FS message boards.

I'm starting to think it's personal, that you don't like me and my computer.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sorry you are having problems. Are you able to log in with another browser? Are you doing a "refresh"? Cookies enabled?

How are you logging in to post these messages? If you couldn't login, you wouldn't be able to post :) Cand you give me step-by-step details of the problems you are having and what you are "seeing"?

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I'm sorry you are having problems. Are you able to log in with another browser? Are you doing a "refresh"? Cookies enabled?

I can only log in with IE, and can't if I try it with Opera. Yes, cookies are enabled.

How are you logging in to post these messages? If you couldn't login, you wouldn't be able to post :) Cand you give me step-by-step details of the problems you are having and what you are "seeing"?

I log in after trying 20-30-40 times non-stop. Every time I get the message about being logged in, but then nothing happens, I get redirected to the page showing that I'm not logged in and therefor can't post. It's like my logging in doesn't reach the server. Now I'm in, but I'll be out as soon as I close the browser. If I do, I can start all over again.

My guess would be you've patched smth _too_ well, but what do I know.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure I understand. Can you be more specific about the "hole"???

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I was kidding. Logging in with IE is not a problem anymore, thanks. I still can't log in when I'm using Opera.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
maybe if you would just be a help and describe the problem in every detail instead of being comedic she'd be able to fix the problem ;)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
- What version are you using of Opera?
- Did your problem begin when you tried to login first with Opera?
- What happens exactly when you login with Opera now?
- Do you have IE open at the same time you have Opera open when you try to login?

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
- What version are you using of Opera?
Opera 9.20
- Did your problem begin when you tried to login first with Opera?
Yes.
-- What happens exactly when you login with Opera now?
I get that message saing 'thank you for logging in', and then get redirected to the board, and then I see that I'm still not logged in.
-- - Do you have IE open at the same time you have Opera open when you try to login?
No, not always.

Also, an unrelated question: are there any minimum requirements for ppl who want to be mods on this board? I can't figure them out from my observations.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok. I just downloaded Operat 9.24 and have logged in several times with now problem - with and without IE open at the same time. I am also currently posting from Opera so am not certain what the problem could be.

Are you logging in from the SAME computer or do you login from different sites or IP addresses?

Mods are selected as needed. They aren't supposed to be "observed" but to "blend" in with the rest of the members so as not to be distracting to the environment of the board.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I don't know what's going on. Yesterday, I kept trying to log in for about 1/2 hr while on IE, and I gave it up. Today, I have no problems with logging in at all (at least for now).

I haven't been able to log in with Opera for a week now. Nothing has changed.

Yes, it's the same computer.

They are?

They are?
:rofl: Mostly what the moderators do is zap spam -- that sort of thing.

That and the occasional, "You better take back what you just said about my favorite skater or I'm going to edit your post on the sly and make you look like a moron!" ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I love the word moron ;) :D Maybe that's why I love to watch House MD... it seems to be his favorite word too!

and I've never edited anyone's comment because they dissed my skater... *whistles* ;)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish I could help but can't. After doing some research, I found that there may be conflicts with Opera and what is known as PHP. This is not a problem on your end, mine, or the software developers at vbulletin.com

Others who experience problems with Opera have been told to use a "better" browser. If you need further assistance, you might try posting at vbulletin.com to see if someone can help you (if you still plan to use Opera).

I also cannot help you on login at IE. You are obviously able to login or you wouldn't be able to post, but I'm not sure why you are having the problems you are having.

Did you have problems logging in with IE before or after you started using Opera? Are you using a MAC or PC? What version of IE are you using?

I have a problem when I click on a link posted on GS, then close that window and go back to the GS window. Especially when the linked page has graphics, videos, etc. When I go back to GS, that window is frozen and I have to close it manually (that is, with control, alt, delete), then start over again.

I have a fairly old Internet Explorer (6.0, I think) and an old Windows (M.E.)

No biggy, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Did you have problems logging in with IE before or after you started using Opera? Are you using a MAC or PC? What version of IE are you using?

I have never had problems logging in anywhere no matter what browser I use (also with 2 browsers being open at the same time). I still don't, except for GS, php or no php.

I'm not a huge fan of IE, that's why I have a second browser on my PC (but some sites are optimized for IE, although there aren't many). I now use IE 6.0.

Yes, I understand you've done everything you could. I appreciate it.
I had no problems logging in today (via IE of course).

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Maybe it's too early to say, but with GS being moved to another server I've stopped having problems with logging in. I'm on Opera now, have logged in and out a couple of times, it works. Great.