Pairs Short Program - Battle Among The Chinese | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program - Battle Among The Chinese

TCTC84

On the Ice
Wahahaw!! Look at the consistancy in PCS for Pang/Tong at this and COC!

TEB: 28.40 7.25 7.00 7.15 7.05 7.05
CoC: 28.40 7.25 6.85 7.15 7.05 7.20

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
1 Dan ZHANG / Hao ZHANG CHN 71.60 42.64 28.96 7.50 7.00 7.15 7.35 7.20 0.00 #8
2 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN 64.32 35.92 28.40 7.25 7.00 7.15 7.05 7.05 0.00 #7
3 Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV RUS 61.76 35.84 25.92 6.70 6.15 6.60 6.50 6.45 0.00 #6
4 Tiffany VISE / Derek TRENT USA 56.06 32.94 23.12 5.95 5.65 5.85 5.80 5.65 0.00 #4
5 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Stanislav MOROZOV UKR 54.18 30.86 24.32 6.25 5.85 6.10 6.15 6.05 1.00 #5
6 Adeline CANAC / Maximin COIA FRA 47.02 28.54 19.48 5.05 4.85 4.70 5.00 4.75 1.00 #1
7 Jessica MILLER / Ian MORAM CAN 44.26 23.86 20.40 5.40 4.90 5.00 5.25 4.95 0.00 #2
8 Stacey KEMP / David KING GBR 36.68 21.16 17.52 4.60 4.35 4.25 4.50 4.20 2.00 #3

WOW!!!!!!!!!

sillylionlove

Medalist
Wow. Those are some high scores for the Zhang's!! Good for them. I wish I could have seen thier program. It must have been really good. It will be hard for anyone to beat them.

enlight78

Medalist
Did the Zhangs put in a quad throw. That is a unbelievable high score. PCs are very high also.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
wow!! the Zhangs muct have rocked the house. Did she land the quad? any details?

netnuts

Match Penalty
actually, I just watched z/z's clip, nothing really special... I guess it's all because of those level 4....

If P&T do not improve their levels, they're really in danger in the future.

oxade21

Match Penalty
wow!! the Zhangs muct have rocked the house. Did she land the quad? any details?

Well, they were same old same old ZHANGs, nice, huge twists and throws as usual, deservedly got + GOES there, but on everything else sloppy and messy. I just don't get it:(
I thought that M/T should have been ahead of P/T by exactly same points they are behind right now. They only botchered the twist and crisp and clean in everything else.
In fact, I would have put M/T ahead overall but do not have problem with Zhangs being first, that score though:eek::banging:

Jasper

Final Flight
It's true - P/T have not been getting high enough scores this season. Even when they were clean at Worlds last year, they barely beat out S/S for the silver medal when S/S had numerous mistakes. P/T are beautiful skaters and are usually so clean, precise, fluid, and lyrical. However, this judging system is rewarding the higher levels that Z/Z and S/S achieve even though they are much more awkward and disjointed skaters who don't usually offer the same quality as P/T, IMO. It's a shame. And I'm still not sold at all on Z/Z.

oxade21

Match Penalty
It's true - P/T have not been getting high enough scores this season. Even when they were clean at Worlds last year, they barely beat out S/S for the silver medal when S/S had numerous mistakes. P/T are beautiful skaters and are usually so clean, precise, fluid, and lyrical. However, this judging system is rewarding the higher levels that Z/Z and S/S achieve even though they are much more awkward and disjointed skaters who don't usually offer the same quality as P/T, IMO. It's a shame. And I'm still not sold at all on Z/Z.

P/T used to be clean, precise, fluid, and lyrical, NOT ANYMORE. They have regressed dramatically this season and there is no sign that they are improving at all. If it was not for their Worlds title, I doubt they would have been getting those scores they are gtting this season.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
The Zhangs score is almost enough to make me not want to watch pairs skating ever again. Truly disgusting, repulsive, a slap in the face to all credability of the discipline.

Jasper

Final Flight
Well P?T aren't as sharp right now, I agree. I saw them live at SA and they were not as impressive as in the past - their throws not as far, struggling on landings, and overall slow. I think he is dealing with an injury and you're right, they haven't improved. But I still think their overall package is much better than what the Zhangs put out - their skating is always so sloppy, no connection to the music, and no synchronization.

I hope P/T step it up in the second half of the season, as I'd like to see them battling for another Worlds gold along with Z/Z, S/S, and D/D. To me, D/D is currently offering the best quality programs. They just need to be more consistent on the jumps and throws.

oxade21

Match Penalty
I hope P/T step it up in the second half of the season, as I'd like to see them battling for another Worlds gold along with Z/Z, S/S, and D/D. To me, D/D is currently offering the best quality programs. They just need to be more consistent on the jumps and throws.

Well, I have to disagree about D/D, their technical content is not medal contenders level. They are very nice pair but they need to up the difficulty, with double jumps and twists, they are not going to beat M/T we saw today and even horrid K/S if they skate clean. The base values of those two are way higher and all they need to contend is some more practice under the belt.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Well, I have to disagree about D/D, their technical content is not medal contenders level. They are very nice pair but they need to up the difficulty, with double jumps and twists, they are not going to beat M/T we saw today and even horrid K/S if they skate clean. The base values of those two are way higher and all they need to contend is some more practice under the belt.

I disagree on Dube/Davison not beating K/S or M/T. We saw at Skate Canada how much weaker K/S are then Dube/Davison, even in the short program when both were clean. M/T have improved but I see Dube/Davison beating them too probably.

However the Germans and Zhangs look like the 2 top pairs right now. Pang/Tong and the rest are fighting for the bronze medal come Worlds probably.

oleada

Record Breaker
I agree about the Zhang's score being ridiculous. They were fast and their twist was well done, but the other elements were okay, not great. Such high PCS for a team with virtually no presentation whatsoever and so-so basic skating is a travesty.

P/T lose a lot of points compared to their competitors because they tend to get low levels. Bazarova/Larionov (a junior team!) had higher levels than Pang/Tong at SA. So did McLaughlin/Brubaker. Aside from that, they are SLOPPY, inconsistent and her posture and movement leaves much to be desired. He's been bad this season too.

I thought Mukhortova and Trankov were the best of the night, but I can see why the Zhangs are in first. The score is embarrassingly high, though.

However, this judging system is rewarding the higher levels that Z/Z and S/S achieve even though they are much more awkward and disjointed skaters who don't usually offer the same quality as P/T, IMO.

Are we even watching the same programs? P/T have been scratchy and sloppy all season long. That they and Z/Z are in teh same quality as the Germans is laughable, in my opinion.

Last edited:

oxade21

Match Penalty
I disagree on Dube/Davison not beating K/S or M/T. We saw at Skate Canada how much weaker K/S are then Dube/Davison, even in the short program when both were clean. M/T have improved but I see Dube/Davison beating them too probably.

However the Germans and Zhangs look like the 2 top pairs right now. Pang/Tong and the rest are fighting for the bronze medal come Worlds probably.

Well according to protocols, K/S were not clean at Skate Canada, they were mostly held on PCS and -GOEs on A VERY high Base Value technical elements. The point I am trying to make is that while K/S and M/T have a room to improve and have something to work on, D/D do not have, all they got they already showed this season.
As per M/T, according to Vasiliev, they are trying to up the difficulty as the season goes on according to the way they skate at each stage. They have some guns, they have not showed yet:) Hope so:), as we need some more drama in Pairs, Zhangs bore me to death.

netnuts

Match Penalty
It's probably coming down to Zhangs and S&S.

I think Zhangs' LP is hard to beat if they skate clean. Their lifts, throws, death spirals match S&S'. Steps, sbs spins and combo spins are sort of sloppy but can get the high levels. Their twist is better. They also have 2a+3t, 3s...

S&S' sbs jumps are big problem for them after the rules were changed...

K&S were less than poor in SC. She was fumbling all through the routine. and Moskvina was livid. I had a good view of her while they skated and when she was still in the K&C watching D&D. I believe K&S were held up because of the famous coach.

P&T are also being held up at least from what I saw at SA and CoC. They got a free rehearsal here and from what I read it wasn't any improvement in the previous competitions. They used to be my favorite team. What happened?

Why such a discussion on D&D? They are a beautiful team to watch, and they weren't in the competition.

Hope there are some youtubes of Z&Z and P&T.

Joe

oxade21

Match Penalty
I believe K&S were held up because of the famous coach.

Why such a discussion on D&D? They are a beautiful team to watch, and they weren't in the competition.

Joe

K/S were not held up, they have the most difficult programs out of all pairs, this season. The problem is that the programs are too difficult for their skating skills and abilities. The -GOEs on all elelements were not a nice gesture for Moskvina, as well poor and deserving PCS.

As per D/D, we were talking about the teams who are fighting for the third sport this year. Apparently they are one of those.