The Leg Wrap | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The Leg Wrap

*Sniper*

On the Ice
Yukari's wrap used to be distracting to me, but I hardly notice it anymore. I think she's a lovely skaters besides, and I'd rather watch her with a wrap than a lot of other skaters without one.

Boy, are you lucky or what!

But she is a lovely skater, and I applaud her for persevering despite all the bad reps on the wrap.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Boy, are you lucky or what!

But she is a lovely skater, and I applaud her for persevering despite all the bad reps on the wrap.

I totally agree that she is a lovely skater. Her presentation, skating skills, spins, and jumps have kept improving.

I don't think that she has really wanted to preserve the wrap though. I heard that she worked on fixing it, but couldn't. She's already 22 and perhaps won't ever be able to.

*Sniper*

On the Ice
I totally agree that she is a lovely skater. Her presentation, skating skills, spins, and jumps have kept improving.

I don't think that she has really wanted to preserve the wrap though. I heard that she worked on fixing it, but couldn't. She's already 22 and perhaps won't ever be able to.

I said PERSEVERE, not preserve.
Trying to preserve a wrap??!!!
THAT'S CRAZY. :)

Winnipeg

Final Flight
I said PERSEVERE, not preserve.
Trying to preserve a wrap??!!!
THAT'S CRAZY. :)

WRAPS are so ugly and distracting:mad::scowl::scowl::scowl::no:...............there should be a mandatory deduction and a warning to the audience before the performance so we can leave and take a coffee break during the performance...............take that you wrap lovers.............................:rofl:

I totally dislik the LWRAP:mad::no::scowl::scowl::scowl:

floskate

On the Ice
To say the truth, I'm not bothered at all by the leg wrap. I don't think Yukari's wrap is worse than Midori's, their legs are wrapped just the same, only Midori was a more powerful skater and she rotated her jumps faster.

I'm sorry but Midori's wrap was totally different than Nakano's. While Yukari is totally wrapped at the knee and her hips are parallel which accentuates the wrap even more, Ito jumped with her left hip turned out. Most times her wrap at it's worst was half way up her calf.

Also Midori had such amazing air awareness that she was able to manipulate her legs in the air for faster or slower rotation depending on what she needed. Take for example her triple lutz at 1989 Worlds. She didn't get as much height as normal (for her but still mammoth) so lowered the free leg to speed up rotations.

I remember having a very indepth discussion about this with a journalist at TEB 2005 for some reason and we ended up getting a little heated about it which amused Scott Davis who was in the bar at the time no end!!