Post Reporting | Golden Skate

Post Reporting

Linny

Final Flight
Please clarify the "post reporting" feature. I'm not sure I understand how to use it.

Linny

Please clarify the "post reporting" feature. I'm not sure I understand how to use it.
At the bottom left of each post there is a little triangle. If you see an offensive post that is in violation of the guidelines (for instance, if it contains profanity, racial epithets, etc., if it constitues a personal attack on another poster, or if it is spam) you can report it to the moderators by clicking on the triangle. Be sure to include the specific guideline that you feel has been violated.

Please use this feature instead of responding in kind to the poster. We will take it from there. :)

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
There is one thing in the rules that I do not understand: "In addition, the staff does not need to explain their decision(s) to the reporting individual or poster in question.". Without explanation, posters may not recognize their mistakes, and therefore, would be more apt to repeat them. Is it because of the sheer volume of the membership that explanations for deletions, etc. are not considered practical?

Is it because of the sheer volume of the membership that explanations for deletions, etc. are not considered practical?
That's one reason (GS has over 10,000 members).

The other is that we have no interest in carrying on lengthy arguments with anyone. In the case of infractions, the person receives an automated PM specifying the reason for the action and directing the poster to the relevant section of the guidelines. We have found that 99% of all problems of this kind can be avoided if posters simply read the guidelines before they post.