Spirals and other moves into jumps? Is it wierd or what? | Golden Skate

Spirals and other moves into jumps? Is it wierd or what?

singerskates

On the Ice
Is it wierd to do spirals into jumps instead of the usual? Do you get extra credit in tests and competitions for doing this?

One time during Tuesday's public session, I did a LFO spiral and then a RFI op mo to do a LBI spiral into a salchow. Pretty neat feeling. Going to use this in my program this year for sure.

Have you done something like that? What was it?

Brigitte

Figure Skaters For Christ can be found at http://www.fs4christ.com and Competitive Adult Skaters for skaters 18+ and coaches only. No fans please.

cborsky

Rinkside
Yes! Field moves into jumps are so much fun! I've done the spiral-mohawk-spiral double salchow.

I think the judges must notice and give you higher credit because it is much more difficult.

Also you can do a LFO three turn with spirals on the entry and exit edges of the turn into a salchow. That one is a bit more difficult to do, but if you've got a good check it's not too bad. My most favourite is an outside spread eagle into a double lutz.

~Cassie

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Nothing wrong with it. I used to do a move like that. I enjoy skaters who use their imaginations and create different ways of going into jumps.

Yazmeen

On the Ice
I'm not quite that advanced yet, but I think using moves into a jump not only shows difficulty, it shows mastery and creativity. I always loved Nancy Kerrigan's LOW shoot the duck backwards into her second triple in her short program, and Irina's three turns into triple loop is so cool. Your spiral move sounds very lovely!!! Go for it!:D