Embarrassing Moments | Golden Skate

Embarrassing Moments

princess-ice

Rinkside
This was sooo funny today!

Background information:

I'm a Juvenile level skater and have passed Senior Moves -- basically I should know my way around the ice. Well....... I had just come out of a spin that I had been working on, and as a stood still on the ice for a moment, a Pre-Preliminary level skater came by me doing her spiral.

The embarassment:

Instead of moving out of her way, I got up on my toe-picks (please don't ask me why :cool:), lost my balance, went into some type of slow motion "matrix" move, fell backwards and landed on my backside. :agree:

OMG, I was laughing :chorus:, the other skater was laughing :laugh:, and all the parents and other skaters on the ice were laughing. :rofl:

dwiggin3

Final Flight
After years on the ice (and "knowing my way around" as well) I was moving to the other end of the rink to set up a jump. Sometimes when we're rushing, there is a kind of "hitch-kick" in our skating. Well, mine was like a bunny hop gone terribly wrong. I completely lost my balance after the "take off" of the bunny hop and my blades never touched the ice. I landed on my tail-bone. It hurt so bad, I had to crawl on my hand and knees across the ice (while trying not to get run over) to the boards to get off and even then, I could not stand up straight. Oye, it hurt. I sat on a donut pillow for a few days.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
mine would have to be going back to my old rink which I had left just after learning my axel... and not being able to do an axel correctly! All my old coaches where there.... what they must have been thinking!

princess-ice

Rinkside
Thanks for the chuckle! :) Will you put it up on YouTube?
Gosh, I gotta get a personal filmcrew! Hee hee. Sorry, I didn't get the "moment" on tape. During the summer months, I get dropped off at the rink since both my parents work. But wouldn't that be a great YouTube: "most embarassing skating moments"!!

skatergirl45

On the Ice
My friend the other day was going into her sit spin in her test program and somehow ended up doing a flip in the air.......... lol

I went onto the ice for competition with my guards on.........

Also, I used to skate to Hairspray for showcase and wore a wig.................. EMBARESSING esp when I was known around rinks as the Wig Girl. lol

skatelikecrazy

Spectator
Hi all, just registered, and this thread brought back memories,

I'm a guy who is always up for a laugh and some time ago I foolishly agreed to take part in a fancy dress fun skate with some of the girls from the figure skating club who i'm friendly with, after much teasing I agreed to let them dress me up in some of the girls stuff.

I was later squeezed into a red & blue lycra skating dress and shiny black tights along with a wig, loads of garish make up and half a pot of glitter tipped over me.

As soon as I took to the ice I was freezing and felt really vulnerable (you girls deserve a medal for daring to skate like that) it got worse from there as halfway through the skate someone fell in front of me and as they fell backwards the threw their arms back and hit me square in lets say the worst possible place for a guy!!!!

I ended up being helped off the ice by 2 of the girls and left doubled up in a quiet corner until I recovered, I have never been so embarrassed in my life!!

Nowadays I just skate for pleasure and dont get involved in mad stunts like that, I tthink I managed to get my hands on most of the photo's too as they were threatening to post them on the rink notice board!!

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
Here's a somewhat embarassing moment. My sister came to skating practice with me one day, and was goofing around quite a bit. She skated up behind me while I was practicing a Biellmann position spiral (of course, she had no idea what I was about to do when she approached me). She pulled my ponytail back just as I brought my leg up, effectively cutting off a chunk of my hair (better than her fingers though!)... and we both went plummeting. Then they had to clean up the ice because of it :( Needless to say, the other people in the practice session weren't pleased. Hehe

princess-ice

Rinkside
I was practicing a Biellmann position spiral...pulled my ponytail back just as I brought my leg up, effectively cutting off a chunk of my hair (better than her fingers though!)
??? hmmmmm......!!
I've cut my fingers on my Biellman spin before, but never my hair!! That would put a new meaning to the term "haircutter spin"!

icedancingnut31

On the Ice
I was doing a stroking event in competition a few years ago and as I was doing a CROSSOVER in the corner I somehow landed butt first on the ice. It was embarassing falling on a crossover needless to say I did not win. This year in competition I was doing a footwork pattern that I was quite good at but when I had to cross behind I tripped and fell. I got last.

Skatergirl13

Rinkside
My embarassing moment was on Saturday, I decided to do the advanced group lesson as a one-off thing, and and we were doing this synchronized skating thing where about 20 people all held hands and did spirals and alternating crossovers etc. Easy stuff. But as we were halfway across the rink I lost my balance and fell, dragging EVERYONE down with me. Picture that for a second. A line of 20 people falling at the same time. It was really funny but embarassing too, because everyone knew it was me that made the group fall...:biggrin:

OHgal

Rinkside
I'm a little late to this thread but I have to 'fess up my embarrassing moment.

I'm an adult skater, working towards the Bronze test, so I can stay on my feet. Usually. One day I was working on a pattern, caught a toepick, and landed on my rear-end...right in front of Viktor Petrenko. I could have died. Fortunately he is a gentleman and pretended he didn't notice!:laugh::laugh: