Joubert interview Aug 14. | Golden Skate

Joubert interview Aug 14.

C_T_T_

On the Ice
These are two different interviews but here's my attempted translation of the one posted by Medusa-

Secured by two new programs, the world vice champion, is in full form in ‘his’ rink in the company of his coach, simond. More ambitious than ever, he is already thinking about the Vancouver Olympic Games and has a wish to continue his career beyond 2010.

In what frame of mind do you return to Poiters?

The training course went very well. I feel ready even if I am not 100% which is normal at this time of the season. Since the creation of my new programs in May, I have good feelings. I have the feeling I will make some good performances this season.

Can you tell us about the new programs which the public will see in 1 month in Orleans?

The short and the long are completely different. I wanted this, that’s why I chose the music (??not sure about this??) I already skated to the short music in galas in the past, it worked very well so I said to myself “why not try it in competition” The long is film music which has already been used in ice skating a lot. ( not sure about this bit either… something about it fitting him and can bring his personality to it?)

This is your third season working with Jean Christophe Simond. Is this stability an asset when some of your rivals (lambiel, takahashi,) are changing coaches?

If it aint broke, don’t fix it. In spite of the difficulties last season, ??????...He always includes himself and understands. I knew of these coach changes. It destabilizes enormously. For me, these movements between seasons can indeed be an advantage.

“to bring back gold to Poitiers”

What will be your ambitions for the pre Olympic season?

I want to continue to progress, particularly artistically. To win the most competitions, all if possible. Even the world championships, although it is said to be unlucky. (in recent times the world champion does not win the Olympics) I want especially to prove to the skating world, I can be consistent at the highest level. It is very important for the Olympics. I want to bring back gold for Poitiers.

Do you believe that your rival Evgeni Plushenko will return?

He can return but I doubt he can be at his best level. After so many years away, it is complicated. I will wait to see.

You often announced the end of your career in 2010. Are you satisfied that in 18months it is finished?

I start to reconsider my descision….I think that I will not stop after 2010. I do not know how many seasons I will skate beyond that. I will undoubtedly not do as many competitions as now. I think I will calm the competitions a little. My goal afterwards is to become professional and especially a coach.

Is it possible we will see you in Sochi 2014?

I will see if my body and head allow it. It is necessary to take pleasure in skating. 2014 is far away. I live my passion in the present.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks CTT for the translation. I like Brian, I just hope his body holds out.

Dee

Binthere

On the Ice
He's a dilemma for me... I like that he speaks his mind... which is refreshing in an age where athletes can recite such robotic answers, but I think the pressure is definitely on him to nail his jumps especially after the criticism he spewed during the world's press conference. Every coin has two sides I guess

He's a dilemma for me... I like that he speaks his mind... which is refreshing in an age where athletes can recite such robotic answers, but I think the pressure is definitely on him to nail his jumps especially after the criticism he spewed during the world's press conference. Every coin has two sides I guess
Now that Buttle is out, he becomes the odds-on-favorite but we have to check out those GPs not for the medals but for the confidence.

Ginask8s

On the Ice

I think the pressure is always on everyone to nail the jumps. When that happens everything else is so much easier.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
Especially when nothing else really matters.

That could be a new and interesting thread... As for Brian,I really admire his presence in the interview situation. He seems very secure and polished. Maybe, because he is a suave French man? In any event, he was really sick last year. Not just a passing flu. For him to be able to achieve what he did is super amazing. He really WANTS the win. With good programs , solid jumping technique and fast feet anything is possible. I am a Johnny fan first and foremost, but I hope Brian does his thing!

calica

Final Flight
SP:
IMG_4554.JPG

LP:
IMG_4871.JPG

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Wow, calica, those are hideous. I'm a fan of Brian's but not of his costumes over the last few years. Surely one can find better designers in France? I think the SP outfit could be reworked but the LP one is a lost cause. I hope some changes are made...

But then, IIRC, even John Kerr couldn't manage a good look for The Last of the Mohicans.