2023 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy | Aug 16-19 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy | Aug 16-19

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Crazy cantilever alert! Cartwheel alert!

Hope Vinceman is okay, he looked kind of exhausted after all that cool stuff!

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, this junior men's event was quite fun to watch! Time to get some sleep...

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Been following on YouTube but turned off TV just before Senior Women🙁due to storms.. thunder lightning high wind..
hope to catch remaining event later

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Masha is such a beautifully elegant and sensitive skater 😍 Jumps are a hit-or-miss but not surprising as there was a reason she switched to pairs initially, and she's not been back to singles for very long.
She looks pretty tall (for a pairs girl), which might be why she's not doing pairs anymore after her and Harley split. :unsure:

Decent score for only her third competition back as a singles skater, and there's definitely room for growth.

Last edited:

gleungc6

On the Ice
Senior women:

I was really impressed by Joanna So (HKG). Nini/Xiangyi An (CHN) looked exhausted/possibly in pain coming off the ice. I loved Sofia Frank's song (PHI) and her exit out her Biellmann. I thought the emoji cam was adorable

gleungc6

On the Ice
Masha is such a beautifully elegant and sensitive skater 😍 Jumps are a hit-or-miss but not surprising as there was a reason she switched to pairs initially.
She looks pretty tall (for a pairs girl), which might be why she's not doing pairs anymore after her and Harley split. :unsure:

Decent score for only her third competition back as a singles skater, and there's definitely room for growth.
I agree she's lovely, great carriage, lyrical arms!!

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
I missed the junior boys FS because I was driving - just finished replaying the final 3 boys now.

My heart breaks for Yanhao 😭 😭 😭 But it's alright baby, you still got the silver deservingly! Better let out all your falls now rather than at the JGP 😉
And surprised at how good his score was despite 3 falls, a pop, a REP and only 2 combos... I guess that shows the quality of his other elements. Excellent spins, all Lv4 with positive GOE (y) And he still got the highest PCS despite all that!

Congrats to Yu-Hsiang for winning the gold! He's such a solid jumper, all combos in the 2nd half with 2 triple-triples! :clap:
Both him and Yanhao will be a threat to the Japanese and Korean boys in the JGP. So exciting!!!

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Senior women:

I was really impressed by Joanna So (HKG). Nini/Xiangyi An (CHN) looked exhausted/possibly in pain coming off the ice. I loved Sofia Frank's song (PHI) and her exit out her Biellmann. I thought the emoji cam was adorable
I’m concerned with Nini too. I thought she skated okay. I was surprised with the under 60 score. She usually nails her 2A. I’m not sure if she can skate her free to the end as she appeared to have stamina issues in her domestic skates. Hoping she does enough to win the gold medal here.

auser

Record Breaker
I meant countries. I have tried a bunch. Today has not been my day. 🥲🥲🥲
I have been watching Canadian skating today so I haven't tried with different VPN settings yet. Hoping some of the skates will get uploaded to YT and nobody notices to take them down. ;)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have been watching Canadian skating today so I haven't tried with different VPN settings yet. Hoping some of the skates will get uploaded to YT and nobody notices to take them down. ;)
Congrats to Darian on his bronze. Wish I could have seen it.