Long wait for finals | Golden Skate

Long wait for finals

Unlike the senior circuit, the junior ladies have to wait a solid two months after the last Grand Prix event before the Finals in December. I wonder how the skaters prepare. Do most of these skaters have to go through sectionals and regionals or the equivalent in their own countries? Are there other opportunities to compete or perform in the meantime?

Or are they glad to have a long break to work on their programs in practice?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If they made the JGPF, US skaters are automatically exempted from US Regionals and Sectionals. I'm not sure about Canada.

Many of the European and Asian countries have their Nationals coming up in December, so skaters would have to be working hard for those anyway.

I imagine the US skaters will just keep working on their programs in the lull between their JGP events and the Finals.

Last edited:

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
It is going to be nice now that JGPF and the GPF will be together for the 1st time. Can't wait to see that :)

Makes the competition that much longer

oleada

Record Breaker
A lot of the Russian & European skaters have been doing some minor international events, regional competitions and for the pairs - GP events :agree:

Some results I know:

Men:
Denis Ten (KAZ) - 1st at the Russia Cup IV Senior Men event in Moscow. Score: 208.00 (1,1). He landed a 3A in the SP + LP, plus a 3A+2T in the LP.
Ivan Bariev (RUS) - 1st at the Russia Cup IV Junior Men event in Moscow. Score: 191,15 (1,1)

Dance:
Riazanova & Guerrerio (RUS): 1st at Russia Cup III in Kazan in Junior Dance. Score: 154.19 (2,1,1). Won the Junior competition at the NRW Trophy with a score of 156.86 (1,1,2), though it looks like their FD was a mess there.
Antipova & Kudashev (RUS): 2nd at the Russia Cup III in Kazan in Junior Dance. Score: 152.89 (1,2,2).

Pairs:
Martiusheva & Rogonov (RUS): 1st in Senior Pairs at Kazan, with 144.06 (2,1).
Ozerova & Enbert (RUS): 2nd in Senior Pairs at Kazan, with 139.54 (1,2). 5th at Cup of Russia with 147.88 (4,5).
Illiushechkina & Maisuradze (RUS): 4th at Cup of Russia with 150.79 (5,4). They got a new FS personal best there, 100.83.
Imaikina & Novoselov (RUS): 2nd at the Russia Cup in Kazan in Junior Pairs: 135.35