Which skater would succeed as a model? | Golden Skate

Which skater would succeed as a model?

Bennett

Record Breaker
Just for fun!

I've just heard that Fedor Andreev, a Canadian skater, is a very successful model, which makes me wonder which other guys and ladies may have that potential (if they want to).

Combined with the fame as a successful figure skater, I feel that a lot of media would like to have a beautiful skater pose. Even without the typical model looks, we all know that OGM would alternatively bring a lot of offers. Although figure skaters are typically small in height, just put that factor aside for now;)

Among guys,

- Brian Joubert. I personally do not quite get it, but he seems to have nearly a universal appeal as a hot guy. Perhaps ads for underwears, sport cars etc?

- Lambiel. He is very gorgeous and have mature, masculine, yet sweet looks. I'd like to see him as a model for perfumes (either men's or women's perfume) or cloths such as Armani, Guelain, Paul Smith, Gucchi, Channel, and Christian Dior.

- Johnny. He is as pretty as a doll and has a very special atmosphere. He's already modelled right? I am not sure what products he should advertise. Perhaps edgy designers' cloths? I also want to see him posing for jewel ads. With his incredibly dewy skin and beautiful face, he also could make it as a face model for Cle de Peau Beaute by Shiseido (one of the most luxurious cosmetic brands that Johnny is said to use). The best thing that could happen may be that he'd become a model for his own clothing brand.

Among ladies,

-Kiira Korpi. She sure has a lot of offers already, right?

-Sasha. I have had an impression that she posed for Vogue, did she?

- Mai Asada. She used to be a model and actress. She looks like a traditional Japanese beauty.

- Yuna. She posed a lot of times and her pictures tend to be pretty stylish. Although she's not a typical beauty, she has some transparent, mysterious atmosphere. Her legs and arms are exceptionally long, relative to her height. She looks as if she were 175 cm tall.

Last edited:

Wrlmy

Medalist
I could see Joubert as a Calvin Klein model, but can't really imagine him being in high fashion industry. OTOH, I can see Johnny modelling for Dior Homme or Prada although he might be little too short. Actually, Evan would make a great model. He is tall and lean and has an intresting look. I can totally see him sporting Alexander McQueen or Yohji Yamamoto.

Kiira is sort of like Brian in the sense that she would look more stunning with less amount of clothing. Victoria's Secret? But I think she would look fab in Valentino. Heck, she could wear a fat suit and still look stunning. Well, maybe not in a fat suit, but you get my point.

I can see Yuna as a high fashion model or cosmetics model for the exact reason you gave. Her face is like a canvas, and she could be anything from d&g to Chanel. Actually, I'd like to see her model for M.A.C.

Alissa is a classic beauty, and she would look great in Ralph Lauren or Burberry Prorsum.

Mai is an understated beauty, so while I would never see her as one of Gwen's Harajuku girls:laugh:, I can see her modelling for brands like Shiseido rather than likes of Shu Uemura. On the other hand, Miki could totally rock Shu Uemura.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I feel silly putting so much energy into this, but I'm bored. So here goes...

I believe Johnny Weir once did a Heatherette fashion show, and I'm sure he wouldn't be averse to other modelling work :cool:..

Yu-Na Kim could definitely model, and Kiira Korpi as well. I think Kiira is a beautiful woman but she has a more commercial look, while Yu-Na is more suited to high fashion. Both could absolutely do makeup ads.

Brian Joubert is very easy on the eyes ;), though like Korpi, he doesn't really have an editorial look. But definitely sportswear, sunglasses and the like. IFS magazine did a shoot with him last year (IIRC) and there were some pretty nice pics in there.

Though the original post referred to singles skaters, some of the ice dancers look really good, too. I think Sinead Kerr has done some work as a model already,and John might have, too. Tanith Belbin could model - swimsuits and underwear would be the obvious choice, considering she is the 2006 hottest female athlete (as per ESPN ;)). Nathalie Pechalat looks good, and very chic. And Charlie White could model. I'm not sure what, though.

Bennett

Record Breaker
You guys have very nice suggestions for industries and brands where these beautiful skaters may shine most. I love being seriously silly:yes:

We all seem to agree that Joubert is not for high fashion. No offense though:p

I agree that Johnny would be great for Dior and Prada:clap:

Evan has strong eyes which some ppl may find to be sexy. I'd love to see him posing for Dolce & Gabbana.

Actually, I'd like to see her model for M.A.C.

Great idea:clap: Yuna would look so cool with strong, edgy makeup!

Alissa is a classic beauty, and she would look great in Ralph Lauren or Burberry Prorsum.

Good choices for her. With her healthy atmosphere and tanned skin, she also may be good as a face model for Clarins.

Mai is an understated beauty, so while I would never see her as one of Gwen's Harajuku girls:laugh:, I can see her modelling for brands like Shiseido rather than likes of Shu Uemura.

True. Mai has the Shiseido look. I also could picture Mai and Alissa posing as a sweet bride for the wedding industry.

I agree that there are tons of beautiful skaters in pairs and ice dancing.

Both Virtue and Moir could model. They are so cute together that I'd like to have them pose for Abercrombie & Fitch or Banana Republic as a couple.

antmanb

Record Breaker
I agree that Johnny would be great for Dior and Prada:clap:

Johnny definitely could be a great editorial model. The infamous shoot of him in high heels was an editorial high fashion shoot and he looked amazing. no doubt Johnny could get plenty of work in that field.

Ant

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
John Z. has done some modeling for Barney's of NYC. He and Silvia have also appeared in some fashion magazines.