Gala | Golden Skate

Gala

Alicja

On the Ice
The exhibition is going to start at 12:00 pm, pacific time.
Does anybody where it'll be broadcasted?

skatingfan04

Final Flight
cbc.ca and Bold will be broadcasting the Gala at 3pm ET in Canada. That time will change depending on what time zone you are in. Also, I don't know if cbc works for people outside of Canada. The Gala will also be broadcast at 8pm ET on the main CBC network.

BTW, does anyone know who is performing? I really hope that it's the top five in every discipline!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
BTW, does anyone know who is performing? I really hope that it's the top five in every discipline!

Usually it is the top 4 in each discipline. But I have seen 5th and 6th place individual finishers skate in the Gala Exhibition. Usually it is a very popular skater who usually places higher but did not or sometimes it is a hometown skater.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
wow, an other "Gold" exhibition from Yu-Na :love: She will be magnificent, with that smile! And the song itself is so meaningful.

screech

Final Flight
Doesn't look like V/M are skating in the gala, but Weaver/Poje are.

And apparently Davis/White are from 'The United States of Canada' according to the intro of all participants.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's on now.

The first performance is a bunch of little skaters and some people climbing yellow streamers a la Cirque.du Soleil to very tedious, tinkly music.

Now they are doing introductions of the skaters:

Duhamel & Buntin
Zhangs
Dube Davison
Pang/Tong

Crone Poirier
S&B
V&M
D&w

Caroline
Mao
Joannie
Yu Na

Oda
Kozuka
Lysacek
Chan

Starting with 10 year Nam Nuen (spelling?)

screech

Final Flight
That kid looks so much younger than his 10 years, but kid has talent already - doing what looks like rotated 2a, 3t/2t... jumping style reminds me of Kevin Reynolds, but at least this kid has the performance aspect down already.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Fast rotating 2A
Bumble bee shirt with huge handkerchief in rear pocket
falls
moonwalks
very cute

Next up

The Prayer (Charlotte Church etc)
W&P

Last edited:

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Doesn't look like V/M are skating in the gala, but Weaver/Poje are.

And apparently Davis/White are from 'The United States of Canada' according to the intro of all participants.

:bow::bow: I don't mind having DW added to Team Canada. They are awesome. I've been their fan since Skate Canada.

skatingbc

Final Flight
That kid looks so much younger than his 10 years, but kid has talent already - doing what looks like rotated 2a, 3t/2t... jumping style reminds me of Kevin Reynolds, but at least this kid has the performance aspect down already.

Nam Nguyen! He is another Joanne McLeod superkid!
Funny about his outfit though...I was volunteering at a competition in BC and in the judges room, the judges were discussing his Bumblebee outfit complete with antennae. Let's just say, they didn't like it...at all.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
From Evan's costume it looks he will be skating to his Hip Hop number my least favorite. I was hoping for somthing different.

screech

Final Flight
Only 2 main skaters so far but I have to say, I miss the day of peppy, fun (and sometimes funny) exhibition numbers. Think of Chris Bowman's Rolling Stones medley, Kurt's Charlie Brown, Brasseur/Eisler's cross dressing one, Viktor's twist...

Bring back the good ol' days of fun exhibitions! No more sap, gloom and doom please.

figuristka

Medalist
noticed on radio canada a box comes up as if it will play but it remains black unlike for the ladies long when i was able to watch.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Caroline Zhang (who speaks Mandarin as well as English) In the Morning
(She did a gorgeous job)

& etc.

ANW

On the Ice
finally caroline skated to "lullaby for a stormy night" again :chorus: