Gala | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gala

lmarie086

Medalist
I don't understand this...I can watch the Gala but I couldn't see the last two days of the competition on IN.

I'm not complaining but really, it's so random! lol

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I could not watch any of the comp on IN, I had to go to Radio Canada. Now I can't watch the gala on either one.

I'm glad Caroline did her Lullaby routine.

Alicja

On the Ice
Did they really say the Zhangs are from Japan or did I misunderstand something??

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
What I really like about Melissa and Paul is they really know how to set
a mood when they skate.

Mao she is just so exquisite.

missysays

On the Ice
Wow- either that announcer can't read or the researcher is feeding her the wrong script. She just identified the Zhangs as representing Japan.

That is one thing that I hope they fix pre-Olympics. That would be embarrassing to identify the skaters to the wrong countries. Also, that "give the audience a little bit of background" for the skaters during the competition warm-up can be irritating. I know that Scott Moir had an annoyed look on his face when they brought up Tessa's injury and how she was off the ice for 2 months before the FD.

Last edited:

Okami

On the Ice
The announcer lady is so clueless - during the ice dance ceremony she said that it was the ceremony for ladies, and now she said that the Zhangs are from Japan...

Did they chack Nobu, or did I just miss him? I tuned in when Mao skated (Great skate!)

figuristka

Medalist
try closing and re opening the link for radio canada. Keep re clicking the little black box that comes up until it looks like its loading. I was persistant :chorus:

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
The announcer lady is so clueless - during the ice dance ceremony she said that it was the ceremony for ladies, and now she said that the Zhangs are from Japan...

Did they chack Nobu, or did I just miss him? I tuned in when Mao skated (Great skate!)

without getting too much into details, Let me just say that this event wasn't organized by Skate Canada.

lmarie086

Medalist
If I didn't like Kozuka already, his exhibition to Michael Buble would have sealed the deal for me.

Really enjoyed that!

missysays

On the Ice
I :love: watching Takahiko skate. He's just adorable and has such freedom in his stroking.

It's wonderful- and his sincerity shines through. The audience in the arena and across the TV/internet feels it.

Great Michael Buble number- is it new?

screech

Final Flight
If I didn't like Kozuka already, his exhibition to Michael Buble would have sealed the deal for me.

Really enjoyed that!

I agree. I wish he could show that much personality during his competitions. He still kind of skates into himself though, even with a peppy exhibition. Dude is insanely talented and I like his skating, but if I had to pick 1 thing for him to work on for his presentation it would be getting his performances to reach the nosebleed section. A big thing I noticed is that his eyes are down for a lot of his skate. His head is mostly up, but his eyes look down quite a bit.

london_calling

On the Ice
I :love: watching Takahiko skate. He's just adorable and has such freedom in his stroking.

It's wonderful- and his sincerity shines through. The audience in the arena and across the TV/internet feels it.

Great Michael Buble number- is it new?

ITA. I liked his reaction at the end, you could tell he was really happy with his performance.

Alicja

On the Ice

True. But I love the voice of the male annoucer. :love: Makes me catching the vibe..

Am I weird?

Last edited: