Ladies short program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies short program

Eszterbeszti

Rinkside
=)

I'm glad to see Elene, but what happened with Caroline she was grate at 4CC and US. Nationals... =(
Please post a video!!! Thanks

Eurofan

On the Ice
She does seem to freak herself out when she's within striking distance after the SP. Though has she ever been in first after an SP?
Ant

She was first after the short at NRW Singles & Pairs. She came in third in the FS but still won the event. (Score-wise, she had a better outing at Finlandia, third after the short, fourth after the long, fourth overall.)

I was surprised to see Zayak there, too. Regardless, Elene skated a great SP and I'm glad for her. :clap: She needed that after the Helsinki. And :clap: to Leonova for her new SB.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Why is everybody putting Caroline down? She had ONE bad SP, I'm pretty sure every skater does. Remember Joannie's SP at 2007 worlds or Ashley's SP at nationals this year? I sure do, and they both bounced back in the LP. I have total faith in Caroline, she seems to be a LP skater anyway.

Last edited:

iceminx

On the Ice
I'm surprised Hacker got over 50 with that jump content. Her TES was lower than at least 8 other skaters, and IMO she doesn't have the best presentation. But hey, it would be nice for her to end her skating career on a high note, so I hope she does well tomorrow.

Hacker is quitting skating? If so why didn't they send someone else? (*angela*)

Something I've heard on Werner's forum was that Serov wasn't really that into coaching Elene. She won this year in Dortmund without Serov at all, and according to Werner (he gossips a lot, but he also often has much insight) in Helsinki she was with both Serov and Murvanidze both of whom were often less then sober. While I agree that Wagner hasn't had time to teach Elene anything, I think this young skater just needed someone inspiring next to her who would really believe in her. While I have some doubt about Wagner's coaching, I think believing in her skaters is something she is indeed very good at.
Serov did nothing for Elene. And her Euros was dreadful. She was a head case. Robin fixed that and let's see if it holds up in the LP.

Ashley did well, but she should win over Elene in the LP.

Leonova is just not my cup of tea. Not a real senior lady.

Helgesson is better than you think but not the most glitzy.

Caroline had a bad hair day not unlike Carolina does once in a while but Caroline is not ever held up. Watch, she will bring herself up at least 5 places from where she is now after the LP. She was third in the SP PC scores, btw.

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
Caroline had a bad hair day not unlike Carolina does once in a while but Caroline is not ever held up. Watch, she will bring herself up at least 5 places from where she is now after the LP. She was third in the SP PC scores, btw.
The difference between those two is that Kostner plays by the rules of the game. She may fall, but she rotates the jumps. Here, Zhang did not rotate her jumps, and she also failed to include a required element, the jump combination, because she fell on the first jump of the combo. There was nothing to hold up. And it really is telling when someone who is capable of placing 3rd in PCS and still finds themself in 10th place overall. She needs to fix her basic skating, in a big way.

The difference between those two is that Kostner plays by the rules of the game. She may fall, but she rotates the jumps. Here, Zhang did not rotate her jumps, and she also failed to include a required element, the jump combination, because she fell on the first jump of the combo. There was nothing to hold up. And it really is telling when someone who is capable of placing 3rd in PCS and still finds themself in 10th place overall. She needs to fix her basic skating, in a big way.
I haven't seen the protocols but Carolina can be a very messy skater at times,and put more deserving skaters out of the podium. She is soooo held up at times. She needs to clean up the mess. That's fact.

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
I haven't seen the protocols but Carolina can be a very messy skater at times,and put more deserving skaters out of the podium. She is soooo held up at times. She needs to clean up the mess. That's fact.

No, that's your opinion. The judges, as much as you all love to trash them, have far more training and experience in knowing what is good, bad, right or wrong than 99.99% of the posters here. Carolina may be messy on some of her jump landings, but like I said before, she knows that the name of the game is to rotate them. And her basic skating skills are so much better than Caroline Zhang's. Ans she and her coach/choreographers know how to rack up the points under the current judging system. And Carolina may be "messy" in your opinion, but IMO Caroline is just as messy/lazy in that she is VERY capable of getting top levels and high GOE on spins and spirals, but she doesn't hold positions for long enough or for enough revolutions and she loses points there. But if you cannot capitalize on your best elements, then you don't deserve to be on top.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What is amazing is that Caroline is in 10th place with two underrotated jumps and a missing combo. And she is there and not buried in 16-20th because she maximizes her non-jump elements, especially the spins and spiral.

I agree that Caroline needs to work on her jump technique, and on rotating those jumps all the way around. But if Kostner makes the podium with messy jumps and so-so spins and spiral, what is she really maximizing (other than a substantial wedgie displayed liberally beneath her too-short skirts)?

oleada

Record Breaker
Well, actually, Caroline's as high as she is because of her PCS. TES wise, she was like 19th. I do agree that sometimes Caroline doesn't score as high as she could because she doesn't count enough rotations on her spins (the layback spin, particularly, and there's no reason she shouldn't be getting level 4s with tons of +GOE on those). Despite being a great spinner as a whole, I think her "fly" in the flying spins is not so good.

Medusa

Record Breaker
But if Kostner makes the podium with messy jumps and so-so spins and spiral, what is she really maximizing (other than a substantial wedgie displayed liberally beneath her too-short skirts)?
Don't you think that this comment is highly inappropriate and incredibly insulting? You make her sound like a trollop who parades around her female assets in order to gain PCS. I hope that you aren't a woman, because I don't think any self-respecting woman would speak this way about other women, especially if they don't know these women.

Luciana

Rinkside
Ashley did well, but she should win over Elene in the LP.

I couldn't see the SP but I am happy to hear the result except Zhang.
Wagner has been consitent at LP so I am sure she will get the title.:agree::

But what happened to Zhang. Though I am with Wagner side this time but I also hope Zhang will be on the podium.

Good Luck both of them. :thumbsup:

Anyway when is the Lp going to start? I have to check it.
and Where can I watch the Sp? I want to see it.