2019 World Championships Ladies Short Program | Page 57 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Ladies Short Program

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
One of my favorite Zhenya moments as well [emoji7] so glad she went clean. I can breath easy again haha.

Happy for Zhenya but that mistake on the combo was costly as well as the spin issues - I am surprised Brian and Tracy have not fixed at least the spins.

smythe

Rinkside
Provided all other things are equal, she should, but as the table shows, they weren't anywhere close. She had the shortest distance, the sixth highest jump and the slowest speed on exit. She should have a score in the middle of this group, enhanced from the the lowest of the group, due to hard entry. Instead, she is near the top.

Yes, but if you think about how the scores are awarded on a +5 -5 basis, height and distance is like one bullet and so is creative entrance. So, they balance out. She has by far the most creative entrance. Everyone else's are all kinda meh and boring tbh.

Ziotic

Medalist
Yes, but if you think about how the scores are awarded on a +5 -5 basis, height and distance is like one bullet and so is creative entrance. So, they balance out. She has by far the most creative entrance. Everyone else's are all kinda meh and boring tbh.

With the old rules yes, but you shouldn’t be eligible for the creative entrance bullet if your jump isn’t good height and distance.

From the stats posted by Dorispulaski above, Kaori Sakamoto's Axel certainly stands out.

Last edited:
Kaori should've being first or closer to the first, even when her TES are not as strong her PCS are, not getting a single 9 is a joke on itself. Sakoto as always getting robbed on PCS...the PCS as always being the problem, with all skaters.

Congrats to all skaters, this was a great competition, lets hope the free skate continue this way (but when is that easy?) I hope those who are still struggling (Rika) skate clean at the FS:pray:

Eunsoo was amazing

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
She should have had by far the highest 2A score. But she didn't on the judges' cards.

I wonder whether the judges get to see the measured data in real time?

Another memorable 2A was Mariah Bell's, which went high and far, and was done only a couple of steps into the program, in a relatively slow tempo part of the program, and so was only average fast on exit.

The most over scored 2A was Alina Zagitova's, which was short, low, and had a relatively slow exit. She should have had a score similar to Satoko's for that element.

Thanks for the numbers :thumbsup: My take on this - Kaori's 2A was wild and off-axis in the air, she surely didn't deserve bullet 'very good body position' in my book (and probably didn't match the music that well) so i agree with +4 from the judges. Also, don't forget that Alina's 2A was done with the hardest/most original transition (i've may ever seen) which makes her 2A complitely different element as a whole, so that helped her. Judges scored Kaori's 2A with +4 across the board, Alina's 2A mostly with +3 and some +4, while Satoko got +3 across the board for her 2A, so i don't see a problem with the judges marks really when comparing those three axels.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I am not only happy, but I really loved Evgenia's Tosca. It was a surprise to me, and her interpretation of the beautiful music was spot on. After Gaby's awful Habanera music and Alina's weird POTO, this program was simply beautiful. I also think her 3t is much better than Mariah's one, but the judges must have had their eyes closed.

icetug

Medalist
May I say that I'M IN LOVE WITH KAORI'S LOOP?
:love::love::love:
Seriously, it was the most beautiful jump of the competition.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
She should have had by far the highest 2A score. But she didn't on the judges' cards.

Another memorable 2A was Mariah Bell's, which went high and far, and was done only a couple of steps into the program, in a relatively slow tempo part of the program, and so was only average fast on exit.

The most over scored 2A was Alina Zagitova's, which was short, low, and had a relatively slow exit. She should have had a score similar to Satoko's for that element.

Alina has one kind of 2A entry. It is so ridiculously difficult that she had to drop it last season when she was at her OGM winner shape. I wonder what Satoko's or even Kaori's 2A parameters would be should they try the same entry. Or could they land 2A in the first place with such a charlotte? And vice versa with the usual entry Alina would show different results - she is a good jumper after all.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Thank you for the video thread! Being in the Italian Alps that was my only choice to watch the short program.

The first 4 ladies were truly amazing.

Alina was skating like a champion. What a presence, what a power! That was her best POTO performance and I like music cuts by the way.

Kaori delivered as well. I said that she was skating heavy at 4CC. Nothing like that here - beautiful.

Lizbet is the embodiment of Eteri's genius. I saw both herself at her best and "previous Medvedeva" - light like a feather.

Zhenya - she is different now. But finally I liked what I saw. And I did not like the score - I would place her at par with Tursunbaeva. Well, she was not URed before.

Outstanding event and good judging - no major complaints from my side.

twirlingblades

Medalist
I was finally able to watch all the top performances. Alina was great (not sure if she was 6 points better but..). I wish she had better programs.

Zhenya is awesome, I like this program for her.

Lizbet is refreshing.

Kaori and satoko are chronically underscored on PCS.

Rika noooo!!! C’mon comeback queen!!!

Can’t wait for the long!

Edit: the top 11 scored 69+ WOW

Vili67

On the Ice
Maybe Alina takes now that gold she miss last time in worlds:thank:
Really waiting for friday morning to see LP

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
That was such a good SP event! So many good skates! Praying for the same for the FS.

Tavi...

Record Breaker

NameDistance
meters
Height
meters
Speed on exit
Km/hr
Score from
Protocol
Gabrielle Daleman2.220.3711.704.20
Eun Soo Lim2.400.4115.14.57
Mariah Bell2.710.4513.54.24
Elizabet Tursynbaeva2.700.4016.44.53
Laurine Lecavelier2.380.4415.84.12 (bonus removed)
Sofia Samodurova2.290.3516.54.12 (bonus removed)
Kaori Sakamoto3.200.3620.74.57
Bradie Tennell2.590.4015.74.34
Satoko Miyahara2.180.3413.64.24
Evgenia Medvedeva2.530.3512.94.38
Rika Kihara---0
Alina Zagitova2.040.3812.54.43

Alina has one kind of 2A entry. It is so ridiculously difficult that she had to drop it last season when she was at her OGM winner shape. I wonder what Satoko's or even Kaori's 2A parameters would be should they try the same entry. Or could they land 2A in the first place with such a charlotte? And vice versa with the usual entry Alina would show different results - she is a good jumper after all.

But that’s a choice you make, isn’t it? If you go for a harder entry or preceding transition you will theoretically - and I’m sure Alina does - get higher transition scores. But if it impacts the quality of the jump in terms of distance/height, or speed on the exit, then you shouldn’t get a pass is those things. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonardo

Final Flight
Eteri wins again. The improvements that Alina and Bet showed are amazing. I would score Alina and Kaori closer and Zhenya and Bet closer as well, but that's life. The only jpn who had a real chance at scoring russian level pcs was Rika (should be Satoko), but she messed up her last and only chance to get a gold at worlds.