What will the 2011/2012 season bring us in the men? | Page 12 | Golden Skate

What will the 2011/2012 season bring us in the men?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
As far as I can tell from his various interviews, Plushenko's attitude has changed drastically since the Olympics. He realizes the importance of other aspects of skating besides jumps and has a better understanding of CoP scoring. He admitted that it's time he learned something from other skaters and he is aiming for and putting effort into more complete choreographies. He no more expects entitled medals just for his quads.

I say bravo to him. He may actually earn his PCS and make up for any diminished physical power with better spins, steps, and transitions. I look forward to seeing a new Plush. This phenom on the scene can only be good for figure skating.

janetfan

Match Penalty
The way I see it, there is "Plushenko The Legend" and then there is the rest of them.

Of course that could change if the reigning Men's Olympic Champion returns to competition. ;)

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
The way I see it, there is "Plushenko The Legend" and then there is the rest of them.

Of course that could change if the reigning Men's Olympic Champion returns to competition. ;)

Then they ll say Plushenko The Legend and Lysacek the Olympic Mens Champion?:think:
I m only kidding, I know they ll say Lysacek the Legend and Plushy the Olympic Champion:)

janetfan

Match Penalty
Then they ll say Plushenko The Legend and Lysacek the Olympic Mens Champion?:think:
I m only kidding, I know they ll say Lysacek the Legend and Plushy the Olympic Champion:)

Don't expect me to be nice twice in one day :)

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker

What could change?:confused: It will still be "Plushenko The Legend" and the rest of the skaters. Some of them have won various competitions.

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
I liked Kovalevski's last free skate. He had a problem with the 3A and tried many techniques. This is bad for Ukraine where things are getting worse!

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Any update about Dai? He seem not to appear into any ice-show this season! Is he doing well?
Don't you know? He is in France, with some French choreographers, those who used to work with French dancers A/P and D/S. Claiming he is working with them on "the smoothness of edges and gestures" (whatever that means). In my opinion it would make more sense if he went to Mishin's camp to work on his jumps. I realize it will never happen, just kidding. He is doing pretty fine with smoothness of all the rest.

Last edited:

genki

On the Ice
Dai is working with Muriel Boucher-Zazoui (former coach of French couples ice dancing champions of Europe and the world, Marina Anissina-Gwendal Peizerat and Isabelle Delobel-Olivier Schoenfelder) and Romain Haguenauer.
In my opinion it would make more sense if he went to Mishin's camp to work on his jumps.

I agree. If only he could skate like he did in 2008 with two beautiful quads in Olympic, sigh.

I am praying that he will get quads back this year. He said that his right leg moves with much more ease after having the bolt taken out.

Go dai.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Could Japanese (or Russian) fan help me with this, is it true that Yuzuru might move to Mishin camp???? :no:

http://toki.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/skate/1315050937/l50

I can't read Japanese or Russian, so I have no idea what it says on that page, but I'm going to just let out a preemptive NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO just in case this is true.

But really, I don't think it's likely that Yuzuru will be coached by Mishin. Mishin has only ever (IIRC) been a full-time coach to Russian skaters, and didn't the Russian Fed recently "suggest" to their coaches to concentrate on coaching solely Russian skaters in preparation for a medal haul at Sochi? Maybe Yuzuru is attending a short-term Mishin training camp, just like Stephane Lambiel used to do.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
When Lambiel came back for the Olympics, he asked Mishin if they could work with each other. Mishin turned him down in order to keep himself available for Plushenko. I doubt this is true, so I'm not all that worried. Though if it is..... well, what evangeline said.

treeloving

Medalist
I can't read Japanese or Russian, so I have no idea what it says on that page, but I'm going to just let out a preemptive NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO just in case this is true.

But really, I don't think it's likely that Yuzuru will be coached by Mishin. Mishin has only ever (IIRC) been a full-time coach to Russian skaters, and didn't the Russian Fed recently "suggest" to their coaches to concentrate on coaching solely Russian skaters in preparation for a medal haul at Sochi? Maybe Yuzuru is attending a short-term Mishin training camp, just like Stephane Lambiel used to do.

I hope Yuzuru just attend short term training camp then; I read on FSU thread and found that Mishin film Yuzuru program(jump) in ice show, I don't know if it relate to that now he was seen in Russia or not.

BTW, this is Yuzuru clip where he landed 4t-3A I found on Mao forum!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl0oiv_yuzuru-hanyu-yyyy-the-ice-2011-4t-3a_sport

gmyers

Record Breaker
"I think in my day of men's skating, it seemed a lot about jumps, a lot about the number of jumps and number of rotations in the jumps and you had to skate clean," said Canada's Brian Orser, the 1987 world champion and two-time Olympic silver medallist. "That was it. You had to skate clean."

LOL - "how great Chan can fall three or four times and still win!! Yay!" That comment just kind of made me laugh! It's just good thing CHan was basically clean at worlds.

It seemed that the competition was being defined less by the ability to do a quad jump and more about having it as an ordinary element, in addition to superior skating skills and an outstanding ability to perform under pressure when it counts.

It's not like anyone did a quad in a winning performance at worlds 2008-2010 or Olympics 2010. Quad ability meant nothing those years. Quad performers were always losers and only rule changes really brought them back.