Who Do You Wish To Come Back? | Golden Skate

Who Do You Wish To Come Back?

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Sandhu is coming back. That was probably the least expected comeback of them all. However, it has openned a new window. And let us see things from a new perspective. It seems that the possibilities are endless. If Sandhu could really comeback, many could.

But I always think that comeback should serve a purpose, a purpose that is not defined by winning. Not just a sudden adrenaline driven decision which would be crushed in reality later.

I do wish some skaters could come back and finish the unfinished business. And Mathman, this IS a Michelle Kwan thread:biggrin:. I love her but I absolutely do not want to see her come back. Let us just remember the best of her and leave it as that. And let her continue to shine under different light. I'm very selfish on this matter.

I wish Lambiel could come back. He was still able to jump a quad in a show after he's retirement. He has a lot to offer in artistic field. He is still competitive in Europe and in the world. But the barrier is that his mind might not be here. That is the reason that he won't come back.

ciocio

On the Ice
Yagudin, even if I know it´s impossible. :disapp:
I hope Plushy will be back too. :cool:

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
In a perfect world where joints never aged, Kurt Browning. I really think he could give Patrick Chan a run for it!

Also, Jeffrey Buttle and Johnny Weir. A healthy and trained Sasha Cohen.

ankka

Rinkside
I would love to see Chen Lu doing what Midori Ito just did and enter an adult competition. Then it would be great to have Arakawa back.

Out of the injured ones, I just really hope Laura would be able to come back. Her couple of last years have been a nightmare and she would deserve it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
In a perfect world where joints never aged, Kurt Browning. I really think he could give Patrick Chan a run for it!

he wouldn't just give him a run, he'd CRUSH Chan! :rock:

I'd love to see Lulu and Kristi and Yuka all compete again... Browning, Boitano, Orser for men... G&G, Bechke & Petrov, Sale & Pelletier, and B/S (don't want to butcher their names lol) for pairs... BelAgos, GregPet, T/D, Roca and Sur for dance...

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Shouldn't we have competitions for all those retirees? Formated just like amateur competitions?

skatinginbc

Medalist
Todd Eldredge. He had everything (jumps, spins, skating skills, presentation) but quads. He deserves an Olympic medal more than Evan Lysacek did.

russell30

Final Flight
Certainly these are the possibles (maybe for Sochi):)

Joannie Rochette
Evan Lysacek
Johnny Weir
Evgeni Plushenko
Pang/Tong
Faiella/Scali
Miki Ando
Yu Na Kim

Still have the stuff and should come back::biggrin:

Stephane Lambiel
Jeffrey Buttle
Shizuka Arakawa
Sarah Meier

bestskate8

On the Ice
Johnny Weir

Not sure about Lambiel, if he is eligible, but he is the most wanted on my list:thumbsup:

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Michelle(of course), a healthy Sasha, Delobel & Schoenfelder, Lang & Tchernyshev and Denkova & Staviski :)

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Todd Eldredge. He had everything (jumps, spins, skating skills, presentation) but quads. He deserves an Olympic medal more than Evan Lysacek did.

No-one "deserves" the Olympic gold medal, it must to be won. Lysacek did it. And Eldredge did not even win a medal in any of the Olympics he participated in. He had great spins though, but so has Lysacek, too.

I wish that Laura Lepisto will return to competitions.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I would love to see Chen Lu doing what Midori Ito just did and enter an adult competition.
I like this idea! Midori and Lulu at Adult Worlds would be so fabulous. :love:

Yannick Ponsero never lived up to his potential, and I'd like to at least see him try. Also, Faiella and Scali. Charming as it is to see Massi in the K&C with P/B, he belongs on the ice!

In my dreams, Kwan. But she deserves to live the new life she's chosen; she's given enough to skating.

And Browning...but at least he's still in skating, so I can't complain.

In real life--nearly--Lambiel, Rochette, Cohen, Arakawa. Though the fact that they're all skating noncompetitively is good enough for me.

Maybe the return I should wish for is the return of a strong pro skating system, so we could see innovative competitive skating of the sort we used to see at Landover.

Last edited: