Patrick Chan | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I wish Patrick has a fund so fans could donate money to help him for the cost of his training. I'm sure in that way, he could get more help.

OMG.. what a Patrick HAIR FEAST!:laugh:

Boeing 787, if your dubious theory of bald genes from mother-side is plausible, then Patrick is safe because I am sure Lap Chan is paternal uncle. In case you are not convinced, I see Mr Lois Chan has a head full of hair unless he's wearing a toupee!
BTW, Boeing 787, what were you referring - It means he has high level of male sex hormone, which also makes him muscular"? I thought Olympia was talking about hairs!
This I agree ...true love means 'loving Patrick warts and all'. Thin hair and stinky feet? Who cares .. :love:

Bluebonnet, Indeed, Kurt is as charming and sexy as ever with or without hairs, and it's a privilege to be like him. And they like each other .... what a coincidence.

SF, not to worry. We are pragmatists like our hottie Patrick. Ubers like us last forever because we don't see him through rose-coloured glasses, we see him as he is. We know he is genuinely hot, elegant and technically near-perfect. That's why we are ubers in the first place.

I think that skaters are lucky to have devoted uber-fans like you and SF. I hope that I am as good a fan of my favorites. Skating is hard work. I'm sure it's a tremendous lift for skaters to know that there are people wishing for their success and well-being.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
spikydurian, CTV is a major private Canadian national network but you're referring to the Chinese TV report which I assume to be from a Vancouver station. There is probably a Toronto Chinese station or more but in Montreal I think there are Chinese programs among ethnic programs but probably not a dedicated TV station. However, I'm quite ignorant of these things.

I noticed the old footage too.

On Jan 29 the Toronto HSBC, in conjunction with the Chinese Cultural Center, organized an event for 250 family members of their clients to meet with Patrick. They showed their support for him as individuals and $5000 was raised.

http://www.worldjournal.com/view/full_news/17335826/article-華人社區籌款-助陳偉群冬奧行?instance=news_pics

陳偉群獲眾女邀合照 ;)

Patrick was the star of the Chinese New Year celebration in Ontario with 900 participants including a bunch of politicians. He was surrounded by young ladies upon arrival. Premier MacGuinty revealed that he was Patrick's father Lewis' schoolmate.

The most touching Chinese news is Patrick visiting the elderlies in Vancouver on Feb 17 and even they donated to show their support even if it's not any big amount.

陳偉群探訪樂群苑長輩

His success and recent controversy have really roused the community to rally around him and be eager to show their support.

Also his promotion of Chinese stem cell registration is getting Canadian Chinese press.

Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
On Jan 29 the Toronto HSBC, in conjunction with the Chinese Cultural Center, organized an event for 250 family members of their clients to meet with Patrick. They showed their support for him as individuals and $5000 was raised.

http://www.worldjournal.com/view/full_news/17335826/article-華人社區籌款-助陳偉群冬奧行?instance=news_pics

Thanks SF. Patrick is so lucky. Richard Wong behaves like a loving devoted uncle (body language). They are all so proud and supportive of him.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

spikydurian

Medalist
Kurt vs Patrick recorded in 2010: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7274887
Queries from fans for both of them.
I had a good laugh when asked what was Patrick's most embarrassing moment and he talked about his dance belt falling out of the bag. I can imagine his face turning red. And listen to Kurt's reason for his love of hats. Oh Kurt.... he's ever so funny. Don't ask me why, he always make me laugh ... just as what one of his fans asked of him! They both :rock:

Boeing787

On the Ice
Kurt vs Patrick recorded in 2010: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7274887
Queries from fans for both of them.
I had a good laugh when asked what was Patrick's most embarrassing moment and he talked about his dance belt falling out of the bag. I can imagine his face turning red. And listen to Kurt's reason for his love of hats. Oh Kurt.... he's ever so funny. Don't ask me why, he always make me laugh ... just as what one of his fans asked of him! They both :rock:

Seriously, I have a technical question. If Patrick doesn't wear dance belts anymore, what does he wear when skating? He has to wear something to protect you-know-what, right? I know wrestlers have to wear jockstraps, which seem to be no different from dance belts.

spikydurian

Medalist
Seriously, I have a technical question. If Patrick doesn't wear dance belts anymore, what does he wear when skating? He has to wear something to protect you-know-what, right? I know wrestlers have to wear jockstraps, which seem to be no different from dance belts.

Duh?? Seriously, I have no idea. I am not a skater so that adds to my ignorance. Maybe some kind of body vest? Shall we ask the man himself? :laugh:

spikydurian

Medalist
Great video:

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/brightcovevideo/190566

Your assignment: Figure out who his current girlfriend is.

The reporter pretended she couldn't skate so she could hold on to Patrick who was all gentlemanly about it until he realized she could skate. ;)

Fashion designer? (Tu Ly may not be designing Patrick's costume anymore) From New York? From Parson's School of Design? Used to skate? .. doesn't sound like Anatasia Bucsis? OMG, SF, I have given up on my assignment. Can you release the results asap? I am dying of curiosity.
But Patrick has to ask his gf first before he can tell. But he has told quite a lot so inner circle should be able to guess. We know he cannot keep secret. :laugh:He does sound like he's very much in love. :p
Boeing 787, looks like Patrick's hair has grown. The little curly bit in front is sooo cute, isn't it? Relieved that Patrick is not going bald at least not too soon.
Reporter.... not very clever. Should have pretended to faint in Patrick's arms!

Last edited:

Boeing787

On the Ice
LOL Tu Ly might lose his most important client! I am glad Patrick has learnt to keep a secret, the kid has grown up!
ok, it seems Patrick is NOT losing hair, to my pleasure.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Patrick might have met her through Tu Ly for all we know. Patrick has seen her impressive work but he has not been spending time in NY or fashion world so she may be Ly's apprentice after graduation,or even before. Or they met through skater friends or event. Speculation, speculation.....

As for hair, this video was filmed soon after the Nationals at a charity event in Ontario, before he cut his hair for 4CC.

Tu Ly has also designed Pang/Tong's latest costumes, hopefully beginning to make a name for himself in China, where he visited when he accompanied Patrick to GPF Beijing.

eta. BTW, there is an agreement for Ly to design Patrick's costumes up to Sochi Olympics. So far, I like what he's done, unique, often a combination of quirks and classiness. The Aranjuez costume, e.g., stands out among all the blacks this season, with an air of elegance and superior quality, much like the champion. I also like his quirkiness as a balance to Patrick's usual basic classic look, like the extra flourish and quality in his classical skating style.

Last edited:

Boeing787

On the Ice
Patrick might have met her through Tu Ly for all we know. Patrick has seen her impressive work but he has not been spending time in NY or fashion world so she may be Ly's apprentice after graduation,or even before. Or they met through skater friends or event. Speculation, speculation.....

As for hair, this video was filmed soon after the Nationals at a charity event in Ontario, before he cut his hair for 4CC.

Tu Ly has also designed Pang/Tong's latest costumes, hopefully beginning to make a name for himself in China, where he visited when he accompanied Patrick to GPF Beijing.

eta. BTW, there is an agreement for Ly to design Patrick's costumes up to Sochi Olympics. So far, I like what he's done, unique, often a combination of quirks and classiness. The Aranjuez costume, e.g., stands out among all the blacks this season, with an air of elegance and superior quality, much like the champion. I also like his quirkiness as a balance to Patrick's usual basic classic look, like the extra flourish and quality in his classical skating style.

Accordign to the reporter:"No Canadian male figure skater has ever won a gold medal at the Olympics – a statistic Patrick Chan hopes to change in London. " The reporter needs to do her homework!

Patrick used to wear a sham diamond necklace given to him by a girl skater in Toronto. I suspect the GF is that girl.

SGrand

Final Flight
Accordign to the reporter:"No Canadian male figure skater has ever won a gold medal at the Olympics – a statistic Patrick Chan hopes to change in London. " The reporter needs to do her homework!

Patrick used to wear a sham diamond necklace given to him by a girl skater in Toronto. I suspect the GF is that girl.

That's CityTV for you. London??? :rolleye: