Patrick Chan | Page 46 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Thank you crosses9. Very cute.

Actually it's Boeing who brought us that hilarious pic. But welcome, crosses9! I hope you will have fun with us here.

eta. Patrick's trademark grin in that pic makes him almost clown-like because such pictures usually show an appropriately sombre face.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The picture was posted by a Baidu member to celebrate the wrap up of a long saga by another member set in the Chinese Imperial Court involving the world's top skaters in their various roles (and names). Though I have not followed the story, I recognize the genius and effort of the author, who wrote in an appropriate language in contrast to the Chinese net lingo.

I have also seen skaters photoshopped onto posters of popular Chinese TV series in historical costumes. They are really creative and funny, sometimes taking some effort to recognize especially Men with partially shaved heads and Ladies in big elaborate hair dos.

Last edited:
That's such an interesting way to honor one's favorite skaters! When I was a kid and the member of a comic book fan group, we used to cast various superhero movies with stars who seemed suitable. It was fun watching what the more adept members could do with the stars' photos and the costumes. This was before current technology, so you had to use your imagination a lot more to interpret the effects. If you admire someone, it's rewarding to give him or her an extra dimension, and it's even more fun when one can share that with fellow fans.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Best Mannish Boy yet playing to an audience that thinks he is really hot. :)

Elegie

Interesting that Korean TV didn't show his ATS Elegie :mad: and Japanese TV chose to show it as next to last performance before Takahashi's even though he had performed it in the first half of the WTT Gala.

Last edited:

Boeing787

On the Ice
Best Mannish Boy yet playing to an audience that thinks he is really hot. :)

Elegie

Interesting that Korean TV didn't show his ATS Elegie :mad: and Japanese TV chose to show it as next to last performance before Takahashi's even though he had performed it in the first half of the WTT Gala.

The Mannish Boy is definitely better than the one I watched at 4cc. I heard he fall in elegy, maybe that's the reason it was cut in broadcasting?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I think they filmed on the second day when he was clean in both programs. Needs verification. I think I watched first night Elegie without remembering any ugly fall. Hands down on second jump in Mannish Boy though.

These two program are such contrasts. Who says he is soulless and boring doing the same thing all the time? :rolleye:

Were you at 4CC live?

Boeing787

On the Ice
hese two program are such contrasts. Who says he is soulless and boring doing the same thing all the time? :rolleye:

Were you at 4CC live?

The haters.

Yes, that's why I spotted Kathy sitting in audience with Patrick's mom. The TV didn't show that. :biggrin:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Patrick learned piano and ballet as he did figure skating as a kid. He has always had that musicality and sophistication, never juniorish even before he acquired all the technical skills. Compare his skating at 17 to the best 17 year olds today and you can see the difference.

People have been giving all the credits to Jeff Buttle for Elegie but its exquisite beauty is really in the execution and the performance. A lot of credit should go to Patrick's skills and to Johnson for his beautiful lines, rhythm, and the way he takes the time for every detail.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
People have been giving all the credits to Jeff Buttle for Elegie but its exquisite beauty is really in the execution and the performance. A lot of credit should go to Patrick's skills and to Johnson for his beautiful lines, rhythm, and the way he takes the time for every detail.

Quite true! Not every skater could fully express the original meaning of a choreographer. That's the reason we see totally different results on different skaters from the same choreographer.