Patrick Chan | Page 466 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Welcome to the fest where we celebrate Patrick and his skating, HoneyGoldLev!

Maybe you will stay and be our Indonesia Bureau? Or would it be Singapore?

Kuan

Final Flight
Do you think he would ever keep this LP? I wish he would.

He told (or wrote?) at WTT this is the last time he performed A Journey IIRC. I also wish he would keep it, with a new costume maybe. :(

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think it's better to have 2 new programs next season. I think Patrick has done enough justice for his current programs. Time to move on.

calica

Final Flight
About Mao

"Memories of Mao

Three-time world champion Patrick Chan spoke to Ice Time exclusively during the World Team Trophy about the recent retirement of Mao Asada.

“I get chills just thinking about it,” stated Chan, who at 26 is the same age as Mao. “She is from my generation. We are some of the last skaters to come from a very important generation of skating. The transition from the Michelle Kwan era to now with the Medvedevas.

“We were the skaters who embraced the transition of the new judging system,” added Chan. “For me, I am so happy for Mao because it takes a lot of guts, strength and independence to make that choice.”

Chan acknowledged that Mao’s popularity in Japan must have made her decision difficult.

“In a country like this, where skating is (so popular), that’s a huge decision. We don’t realize in North America how big skating is here,” commented Chan. “I aspire to be as successful as she is, as iconic as she is. That is my goal — to be a Mao Asada in Canada. Because those type of athletes are very rare now.”

It is clear that what resonated most with Chan is the same thing that has with so many people around the world — Mao’s inner beauty.

“For her to be so humble with the amount of fame, success and stardom that she has had, she is the epitome of a good role model for the future,” said Chan. “I have spent skating tours of two or three weeks with her where I forget about how really famous she is and the notoriety she has in this country.

“I completely forget (about her fame) because of her sense of calm, and that life is life, and everyone is a normal human being no matter the type of success that they have had.”

Patrick is sooo nice young man :luv17:

Source: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/...aising-bar-going-olympic-season/#.WP9BroiLS00

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
About Mao

"Memories of Mao

Three-time world champion Patrick Chan spoke to Ice Time exclusively during the World Team Trophy about the recent retirement of Mao Asada.

“I get chills just thinking about it,” stated Chan, who at 26 is the same age as Mao. “She is from my generation. We are some of the last skaters to come from a very important generation of skating. The transition from the Michelle Kwan era to now with the Medvedevas.

“We were the skaters who embraced the transition of the new judging system,” added Chan. “For me, I am so happy for Mao because it takes a lot of guts, strength and independence to make that choice.”

Chan acknowledged that Mao’s popularity in Japan must have made her decision difficult.

“In a country like this, where skating is (so popular), that’s a huge decision. We don’t realize in North America how big skating is here,” commented Chan. “I aspire to be as successful as she is, as iconic as she is. That is my goal — to be a Mao Asada in Canada. Because those type of athletes are very rare now.”

It is clear that what resonated most with Chan is the same thing that has with so many people around the world — Mao’s inner beauty.

“For her to be so humble with the amount of fame, success and stardom that she has had, she is the epitome of a good role model for the future,” said Chan. “I have spent skating tours of two or three weeks with her where I forget about how really famous she is and the notoriety she has in this country.

“I completely forget (about her fame) because of her sense of calm, and that life is life, and everyone is a normal human being no matter the type of success that they have had.”

Patrick is sooo nice young man :luv17:

Source: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/...aising-bar-going-olympic-season/#.WP9BroiLS00

maybe you should share this in the edge.... to see if people have something negative to find about what patrick says... because they always try to....

a beautiful tribute indeed... thank you Mao... thank you Patrick....

thank you Calica for sharing.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
maybe you should share this in the edge.... to see if people have something negative to find about what patrick says... because they always try to....

a beautiful tribute indeed... thank you Mao... thank you Patrick....

thank you Calica for sharing.

This this this!^^^

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
For what? Whoever wants to despise someone, will always find reasons for do it ... Even with such beautiful words to Mao, they would say that he is a selfsefiesh envious person who wants to be as famous as her.:sarcasm:

:thumbsup: Why care about negative views of negative people?

Here I see so much positive energy from a group of admirable positive people exuding joy because they are being themselves and striving to be the best they can be. We can pick on them and find many many faults because nobody is perfect (even though faults and perfection are both subjective and not absolute) but what good does it do for us and them? Let them and us be the best we can be and the world will be better and more joyful.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
calica and VB, I am pretty sure that 4everchan was being sarcastic, at least I know I was. ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
calica and VB, I am pretty sure that 4everchan was being sarcastic, at least I know I was.
:yes:

I think 4everchan was definitely "tongue in cheek" on this one!!!

He's cheeky enough without sticking his tongue in it. ;)

Yeah, I also have to wonder where's his tongue has been. He is after all french! ;)

:laugh:

The French don't keep their tongues in their own cheeks.

:palmf::rofl2::dev2:

:hb: :hb::hb: